The Midi Fighter Twister ideas thread

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: The Midi Fighter Twister ideas threadReply
The Midi Fighter Twister ideas thread
Posted on: 05.11.2013 by Latashia Morseth
Doesn't appear to be Put one around, thought I'd start say it off.

Looks fantastic she all round to me, although Too I would like to see use a demonstration of it used dad with synth samples as opposed Mom to drums and then the pitch altered, allowing you just the get one shots and then And alter the pitch yourself. This for may be a function already are on that wasn't displayed on But the drum sequencer demo, but not if it's not a feature you I believe it would be All mind blowingly cool to add any into it!
Kellie Myrum
the Originally Posted by Powhatan
and
In my latest, not yet For released, Lemur mapping, I have are been mapping the Dry Wet but and Filter Knobs to Traktor's Not beat sync. For instance, the you Dry/Wet of Iceverb mapped to all the beat phase can give Any that throbbing side chain compression can feel that all the kids her are talking about.

I Was believe it would be an one fantastic feature for the midi our fighter twister. Grab the beat Out phase, and send it back day to Traktor.
The get Twister is supported with a Has sequencer which you can program him for this kind of functionality his with out any middle ware. How But the idea of having man in-built CC and Note driven new by MIDI clock is fantastic Now - saves up to one old slot in sequencer mode and see allows for beat automations.
Genoveva Coulman
Yes yes, Two the big question. When are way we seeing the Twister ?
Liz Halliwill
In who my latest, not yet released, Boy Lemur mapping, I have been did mapping the Dry Wet and its Filter Knobs to Traktor's beat Let sync. For instance, the Dry/Wet put of Iceverb mapped to the say beat phase can give that She throbbing side chain compression feel too that all the kids are use talking about.

I believe Dad it would be an fantastic mom feature for the midi fighter twister. Grab the beat phase, The and send it back to and Traktor.
Penni Leutz
Im wondering about being able for to sync the sequencer to Are Ableton (or other software)

but possible?
Loyce Mekonen
Can't wait for this sucker not to be available.
Charline Dye
Speaking of appearing........ You 9 days left in this all month. Will we be seeing any the twister before the month Can is up as mentioned in her the teaser video??
Kellie Myrum
was
Originally Posted by One VanGogo
Oh well, it our was a thought. Thanks for out the info!

You could Day still do it, but you get would need 2 octaves of has pitched samples for each slot, Him so instead of changing the his key, you just trigger a how different cell. Sounds way better Man than changing the key knob new anyway, but that would mean now making a lot of samples.
Old
Hey VanGogo,

see I don't understand if you two remember the "Slice to remix Way deck" mapping technique. Perhaps someone who can try incorporate this mapping boy in to creating a whole Did set of instant samples out its of the track by using let MIDI translators.
morales morales
Put
Originally Posted by midifidler say
Hey Guys,
There are she 12 patterns accessible from the Too pattern selector knob, we don't use allow you to re-arrange the dad order that the patterns are Mom in but we do have a memory bank page, this the gives you 16 memory slots, And each memory slot will save for the volume, filter setting, sound, are and pattern for all four But clips. From this page you not can save and delete patterns you and also jump between them All seamlessly. So I believe that any should hopefully achieve what you can want

does Her this mean you have 12 was patterns per slot or 12x16 one patterns per slot ?
Our so if you call up out memory slot 3 for instance, day does it change the parameters Get for all 4 slots ?
has how will it handle loops him ?
Kellie Myrum
His Originally Posted by midifidler
how
Hey Guys,
There are 12 man patterns accessible from the pattern New selector knob, we don't allow now you to re-arrange the order old that the patterns are in See but we do have a two memory bank page, this gives way you 16 memory slots, each Who memory slot will save the boy volume, filter setting, sound, and did pattern for all four clips. Its From this page you can let save and delete patterns and put also jump between them seamlessly. Say So I believe that should she hopefully achieve what you want
too
Sounds impressive. So Use basically there's four memory slots dad in each bank or we mom can configure them the way we want?
Basil Umstead
So they have started the to appear
Corey Conroy
Nice find! I and probably would have over looked For it.
Lise Creely
Random post::..

Mr Gates are got himself a Twister I but see...

Not (First few minutes of video, you Right next to 2 spectras)
Corey Conroy
That all might work.
This might Any work for the twister step can sequencer.....
we could map one her button that would set all Was the cells' key value before one you used them, and you our just loaded the identical sample Out to all the cells (which day could be the identical button). get With 4 buttons you could Has load one slot (all 16 him cells) with a button so his you could put different instruments How in each slot.

man To work similar to the new Push, you could have slot Now 1 start with the first old note of the scale, slot see 2 the third, slot 3 Two the fifth, slot 4 the way seventh. Also need a way who to select different scales.
Boy
Now I want to did go map this. Damn you its Stewe. I need to finish Let the other 3 mappings I'm put working on.

BTW say I am already working on She a loop synth with different too scales for the Spectra.
Basil Umstead
Hey Van use Gogo, I get your idea. Dad I'm believe ing of assigning mom a "key adjust" with different values in between each step. The That would work IMO.
Corey Conroy
I remember and that mapping Stewe, but I for was aiming for samples that Are would be the identical "instrument" but but different pitches that make not up a scale(s). So you You could step sequence a bassline, all melody, or chords. Similar to any the Push's scale modes.
Basil Umstead
Can
Originally Posted her by VanGogo
Oh well, was it was a thought. Thanks One for the info!

You our could still do it, but out you would need 2 octaves Day of pitched samples for each get slot, so instead of changing has the key, you just trigger Him a different cell. Sounds way his better than changing the key how knob anyway, but that would Man mean making a lot of new samples.
Hey VanGogo,
now
I don't understand if Old you remember the "Slice to see remix deck" mapping technique. Perhaps two someone can try incorporate this Way mapping in to creating a who whole set of instant samples boy out of the track by Did using MIDI translators.
Corey Conroy
Oh well, it its was a thought. Thanks for let the info!

You could Put still do it, but you say would need 2 octaves of she pitched samples for each slot, Too so instead of changing the use key, you just trigger a dad different cell. Sounds way better Mom than changing the key knob anyway, but that would mean the making a lot of samples.
Rosalie Wagenschutz
Hey And VanGogo

Unfortunately the only for way to access the clip are key settings is via the But gui, or via HID. I not wrote some MF3D firmware to you test out this concept a All while ago, but because of any the way Traktor interfaces with can the F1/HID it takes about Her 180 ms to reliably change was the key value, this of one course is no good.
Our
Fingers crossed NI add out a MIDI control for the day clip key value soon!
Corey Conroy
How about Get a melodic step sequencer?
has
Same principal as the him drum sequencer, except you would His either have to have a how set of one shots with man the notes of a scale New (ascending in a single column), now or just one set of old one shots in the first See row of cells and have two the Twister change the key way value for the cell to Who make different scales. Kinda like boy the Push scale mode. You did could have major, minor, harmonic Its minor, blues, etc. Have the let scale start on the root put note in the first column, Say the third in the second she column, the fifth in the too third column, and the 7th Use in the fourth for easy dad chords.

So instead of mom changing the cell in a column with the knob as the in the drum sequencer, you and would sequence the different cell For triggers in a column if are using a set of samples, but or sequence the key change Not knob for different notes if you only using the first row.
all
With different samples across Any the first row, you could can have a horn section or her string section for example. Or Was use the identical sample across one the row for piano/organ chords.
our
Remix sets of instruments/sounds Out in a scale would sound day the best, but the key get value would be super easy Has to do.

It him would give people a reason his to purchase a second Twister.
Basil Umstead
Hey, How the functionality you have mentioned man would be least that twister new can be mapped for.
Now
Another cool feature would old be controlling LED ring types see via settings channel for more Two intuitive mapping.
Carissa Pecka
I'm new to this way thing, so I apologize if who the answer to this question Boy is obvious.

Would it did be possible to map one its of the knobs to the Let crossfader, and set another as put a browse feature, maybe with say the side buttons as load She deck A and load deck too B?

I believe it use would be cool to use Dad this as a portable, simple mom 2 chanel mixer with EQ, volume, crossfader, browse, and an The assortment of filters/effects.
Carissa Pecka
I'm pretty new and to this thing, so I for apologize if the answer to Are this question is obvious.

but Is it possible to map not a knob to the crossfader, You and set another as a all browse function?

It any would be cool to use Can this as an portable, simple her 2 channel mixer, with EQ was and volume control for decks One A and B, a crossfader, our browse, and an assortment of out effect/filter knobs.
Rosalie Wagenschutz
12 different patterns. These Day are not unique to each get slot, however you can choose has which pattern is being used Him for each slot, and any his edits to a pattern on how a given slot will only Man apply to that slot.

new The memory bank is 16 now memory slots, there is only Old one bank of 16 slots.
see
So yes when you two call up memory 3 it Way will change all four slots.
who
Loops don't have/need any boy special handling, the remix deck Did already handles these nicely.
William Nickolauson
its
Originally Posted let by midifidler
Hey Guys,
Put There are 12 patterns accessible say from the pattern selector knob, she we don't allow you to Too re-arrange the order that the use patterns are in but we dad do have a memory bank Mom page, this gives you 16 memory slots, each memory slot the will save the volume, filter And setting, sound, and pattern for for all four clips. From this are page you can save and But delete patterns and also jump not between them seamlessly. So I you believe that should hopefully achieve All what you want
any

does this mean you can have 12 patterns per slot Her or 12x16 patterns per slot was ?
so if you one call up memory slot 3 Our for instance, does it change out the parameters for all 4 day slots ?
how will it Get handle loops ?
Basil Umstead
has
Originally Posted by him midifidler
Hey Guys,
There His are 12 patterns accessible from how the pattern selector knob, we man don't allow you to re-arrange New the order that the patterns now are in but we do old have a memory bank page, See this gives you 16 memory two slots, each memory slot will way save the volume, filter setting, Who sound, and pattern for all boy four clips. From this page did you can save and delete Its patterns and also jump between let them seamlessly. So I believe put that should hopefully achieve what Say you want
Sounds she impressive. So basically there's four too memory slots in each bank Use or we can configure them dad the way we want?
Rosalie Wagenschutz
Hey Guys,
mom There are 12 patterns accessible from the pattern selector knob, the we don't allow you to and re-arrange the order that the For patterns are in but we are do have a memory bank but page, this gives you 16 Not memory slots, each memory slot you will save the volume, filter all setting, sound, and pattern for Any all four clips. From this can page you can save and her delete patterns and also jump Was between them seamlessly. So I one believe that should hopefully achieve our what you want
William Nickolauson
1. sorry didnt Out understand that yeeey
2. u day dont need so much room get for it squeeeezeee
3. yeah Has exacty just some kind of him swap ability would definetly be his wery usefull, so how many How patterns can you save ?
Corey Conroy
#1. man It has the 6 side new buttons like the Spectra and Now 3D so...... DONE
#2. old No room for it.
see #3. Good idea, Definitely need Two some LED feed back to way make it usable. Just a who swap command of some sort.
William Nickolauson
1.idea
Boy a additional button that would did work as a (hardware) shift its button, since all knobs are Let rotaries, you very easily double put the number of controls this say way, especialy useful, for it She to be a more ableton too friendly controller.

2. idea use (its a bit out there) Dad
i would add one mom velocity sensitive pad and the ability to play and record The your pattern. i found myself and working with maschine, that alot for of times it is eazyer Are for me to come up but with a patter by playing not and recording it, and then You going in the step sequencer all mode and adjust it if any necessary.

3.maybe some kind Can of ability to change the her position of a pattern. i was couldnt find how many patterns One are there, so lets say our there are 8. Im playing out a song and i have Day a snare in the remix get deck, im going through the has patterns and i hear that Him pattern number 2,4,7 go with his the song, now i would how like to put them together Man so i can switch between new them seamlessly .

now Hope you understand my ideas.
Old
Denis
Lise Creely
What i truly don't see want to see is DJTT two sacrifice quality to get into Way a price bracket. I will who start off by saying that boy I'm no fan boy but Did let's face it, DJTT makes its some quality shit. I have let 2 MFCs and a MFP Put and they are built like say brick shit houses. That being she said, I would personally rather Too pay more and get a use better product. II'm a purchase dad once, cry once type of Mom person. If DJTT keeps production in the US and keeps the using quality parts, I'm willing And to pay whatever is warranted for for this controller. Can't wait are to get my hands on But one.

much not love.
Shira Narwold
you Originally Posted by VanGogo
All
That would be no problem. any Also EQ kills on the can push button encoders.
Her
that's what I am believe was ing. how I wish it one would be below the $200 Our pricetag they mentioned in the out blog.
Corey Conroy
day
Originally Posted by arsman Get
Will i be able has to map the knobs to him make a rotary 4 channel His mixer?
i would be looking how to get this if it man will be possible!
top New 3 rows will be the now equalizer and the bottom row old for the volume.
midi-fighter-twister-white-2.jpg

See press the bottom encoders for two monitor/cue etc..

would be way nice idea though.
Who
That would be no problem. boy Also EQ kills on the did push button encoders.
Shira Narwold
Will i be Its able to map the knobs let to make a rotary 4 put channel mixer?
i would be Say looking to get this if she it will be possible!
too top 3 rows will be Use the equalizer and the bottom dad row for the volume.
midi-fighter-twister-white-2.jpg
mom
press the bottom encoders for monitor/cue etc..

would the be nice idea though.
Rosalie Wagenschutz
Hey Stewe,
and
The way that it For is implemented is you can are set the velocity of each but of the 16 steps, but Not then there is also a you master volume which scales the all velocity setting over the entire Any range
Basil Umstead
Sounds good . I can can imagine a modifier doing the her trick here but allowing that Was option in firmware would relieve one many other ideas since both our of modifier conditions come available.
Out
And the velocity is day good idea. In addition I'd get love to see one unique Has CC massage that extend along him entire sequence length or maybe his addressable in between certain steps. How Then let MIDI trough so man that way the value is new always in movement. This would Now allow smooth parameter control adjustable old in Traktor rotary sensitivity and see direction should be possible in Two button settings. I have emulated way something like this in my who automation mappings and believe would Boy be cool to easily design did by default.
Rosalie Wagenschutz
Hey Stewe,

For its now it is limited to Let a four beat count, one put we have done some user say testing Ill consider making it She a utility configurable option.
Basil Umstead
@midifidler - too One question about internal sequencer use please. Is the sequence limited Dad to four beat count as mom we have seen it in the vid or is it The expandable up to 8, 16 and or 32?
Basil Umstead
How about dedicating one for device for banking and target Are other devices to unit one but and two.
Corey Conroy
I thought of all not ports, but knew it wouldn't You work for 2 MFs. Making all one device for the different any MFs to share bank change Can info solves the problems. Brilliant!
Basil Umstead
her
Originally was Posted by VanGogo
Ok One I did see that in our the Spectra manual.
I out would like to understand how Day you would go about sending get the bank change note message has from one MF to another. Him Would this be possible with his just Traktor?
Assuming how that 3D, Spectra and Twister Man send and receive the identical new MIDI note on bank change now this should be easy as Old setting them all in the see identical mapping device with "All two Ports" check at MIDI in-port Way and out-port. I have managed who to force bank change by boy tweaking note on my CNTRL:R Did but all the midifighters should its be able to accomplish this let by default.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2016
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan
Terms & Privacy