Official MF Mapping for Traktor Pro

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Official MF Mapping for Traktor ProReply
Official MF Mapping for Traktor Pro
Posted on: 06.01.2010 by
This thread has now been updated with a new( MF V 1.1), which has a few bug fixes and new features. V 1.1 requires traktor pro 1.24 or later, if you dont have version download the older 1.0 mapping.
Evangeline Abraha
Hey Buddy , which TSI file are you working on exactly & which version of Traktor Pro are you using? Are you using any other controller mappings as well? These may be messing your controls as due to overlapping midi assignments.
Laurel Litchko
wow, just realized non of the right effects are loading, am i doing something wrong lol
Laurel Litchko
i just tried using both versions of this and it is not working. the echo effect does not turn on and the cue point lights only light on when they are being pressed. any idea why this might be?

does this only work with traktor pro and not scratch?!! =((((((
tried it with just pro and not skratch having the same problems.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by BuckyDonePun
Ean, will there be a new MF mapping anytime soon?
Here's a new one we have been working on: http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=14435

There should be more to come in the future.
Vince Donohoue
It's got some pretty basic functionality right now. You can create 16 modes right now each on different MIDI channels and they'll receive their proper messages to set LED states. I figure I'd leave most of the MIDI scripting inside Traktor. The patch handles routing messages to and from the device since it uses SYSEX natively, and it will store state date for each mode on the status of the LCD screen and which buttons have their LEDs on, etc, so you can quickly switch between several mappings operating on different channels. The MF mode just sets the pads up to have the same note and channel values for the pads as the MF has for its buttons. Both devices have LEDs for the buttons in a 4x4 grid so it works with the same TSI. The padKontrol supports a single speed blinking state also, and has more buttons, XY pad, some knobs, and a LCD screen so you could take someone midifighter TSI and expand on it.

I'm working on a MIDI Control script for Abelton Live so you can use it as a control surface in Max4Live side by side with Traktor. Right now it adds that red box around the session view clips like a APC40 does, and you can navigate and trigger the clips. Need to test if it will work in M4L like an APC40 would. The control script uses MIDI I/O but I also want to make it so you can communicate with several Track Max4Live objects through the LiveAPI using OSC. So like child scripts from the main patch. I already had this in a more basic version of this project, but it was limited so I started this more advanced one.

When I get the basic features finished I may put it on a public code repo. Hopefully a week or two.
Bernard Lopane
Sounds cool, how does it work? what other modes does it have?

Will you share the mapping?
Vince Donohoue
I'm working on a massive patch for the korg padKontrol, one mode of which is simply mimicking a midi fighter so the tsi's all work.

One thing I noticed is that with a track playing the cue points don't trigger until button release. I feel like they should be instant on tap down; ie triggered by note on instead of note off.
What's the behavior like when using a real MIDI Fighter?

Everything else works identical to the demo video so I'm assuming this is just how Traktor handles MIDI cues. Also kinda dumb that you have to set a cue in order to play it. I can foresee a lot of accidental cue point setting with these buttons so close. Dumb
Dee Atondo
Ean, will there be a new MF mapping anytime soon?
Terrilyn Fellrath
I cant download the TSI files :S
omid rahmani
hello

I would love to see a page with midi mappings, like used to map the midifighter for the contest with traktor pro
I own a faderfox dx2 and a faderfox dj and I would love to find out if I'm into midi fightin'.
Can anyone help me out? I took a look at the .tsi but it's a LOT more complicated then I expected...
Thx!
Mac Fly
Does anyone else find that when using the beatmasher effects on this mapping that it is delayed slightly, therefore I can not catch part of the track I want???
Jason Schmock
when I switch focus on 1.1, the fx 3/4 stay on that deck and don't move.
Harlan Beith
fixed both my issues, found taht TSP was only set up for 2 fx banks, switched to 4 and all works now, well, can't get teh echo fade out on slicer but i'm sure i can figure it out
Harlan Beith
record does not seem to be working for me either, so that two things on 1.1 that aren't there for me, using tsp 1.2.4 and MF 1.1
Odell Ribe
delays then gos silient
Harlan Beith
anyone else having an issue with the echo fx on 1.1? mine lights up but there is no audible effect being performed nor any type of feedback from traktor
Ricardo Oliveira
anyone out there doing a Trigger Finger map of this ??

Or for that matter some kind of "midi mapping for dummy's" book/link/video/all of the above ??
Aimee Dacey
I have adapted a keyboard version of this one.. Took me some hours and it's still not complete, I know some bugs which I will fix later.

If somebody is in the mood feel free to make it even better!

This has almost the same functionality as the midi fighter itself.. being it without the led lights.

I have tried and tested it and it is pretty awesome!

I'll upload a midi-map with the tsi file. The map also has the original writings on it plus the channel names above the original writing and the corresponding hotkey under it.

Hope it'll be of help to someone!
Harlan Beith
awesome work ean, put the MF together last evening and was juggling within minutes, can't wait for the SE to get here!!
Edna Cuzzo
You'll need at least traktor 1.24. (traktor pro afaik)
As for the rest, I'm not certain unfortunately.
Wilford Sanjuan
Hey DjTechTools

I'm not being able to import the mapping into traktor, maybe because I don't have a midifighter or because it is a different traktor version? I can only import the effects settings.

I wanted to import it so I coul learn how to map how to create and delete specefic hotcue's, to do something similar in an apc40.

Could you give me some help in any way? Would be much appreciated! Thanks*
Melania Wollenhaupt
Originally Posted by Abyrne7
I noticed that when importing the new TSI for the MidiFighter that the top two effect buttons which activate the beatmasher and beatmasher and filter combos does not turn on FX bank 2. Anyone else notice this?

Yes Could be a bug however In Eans video he held down the beat masher while hitting the other beatmash buttons.
2 buttons at once kinda thing
to be honest i prefer the 1.0 way. all buttons engaging efect 2 int the mixer section.

lets see what 1.2 brings us.
Leota Saniuk
Originally Posted by midiot
Hi All,

I've tried to open both midifighter tsi files with the TSI viewer on the Traktor Bible site. Unfortunately I couldn't get the files to open. Is it possible for someone to post the contents of the midifighter tsi file. I'm looking for the Midi Command, Assignment, Interaction Mode, Mod 1, Mod 2, etc?

I'm trying to better understand the link between the midi controller and the Traktor command. Hope that makes sense.

midiot
NI intentionally broke stuff like the TSI viewer in TP 1.2. So there is really no way for someone to provide you with this list unless they tediously manually copy it down by hand.
Melania Wollenhaupt
Originally Posted by lsmith
ok .. i believe i have finally understood the mapping. just some comments about the mash/filter/delay.

for the delay i believe it would be great if there would be some way to be able to engage the delay and keep pressed but disengage when releasing (maybe by pressing the shift button while keeping the delay pressed?).

for the mash/filter in shift mode i am a bit confused still. maybe there is a bug, well actually most likely.

here is a description of what i see, anything i denote with a (!) seems like a bug to me:
when i press shift+mash the mash led lights up and stays on. when i press the shift+filter button the mash lights up and stays on (!) while the filter button does not light up at all though (!). depending on which of the two buttons or if i have shift+pressed both when hitting the relevant buttons above the mash/filter the settings get adjusted properly. pressing the play button however doesnt seem to have an effect like when not in shift mode (!).

also none of the top 3 right buttons engage FX2 (!). also releasing the the middle top buttons disengage the led on the mash (!). however the mode remains unchanged (as in i am still in mash/filter shift mode). and when ever i press any of the two top middle buttons the mash led lights up again. however they again turn off when i release (!).

I Know exactly what you mean.
This is what i can guess from watching Eans Video and using both TSIn 1.0 and 1.1 in TSP 1.2.4

in TSI 1.0 the mash juggle and filter mash juggle kinda worked ok. what seems to have happend in TSI 1.1 is that the beatmash button needs to be pressed and the you hold down another button to change the timmings of the beatmash. you did not need to hold down before.

also the gater works by shift sample with out sample being loaded. buttond 5-8 become gater.
shift sample to dis engage.

the sample in Eans video worked a little diffrent. he sampled a 8 bar loop and then shift sample to engage the beatslicer. when he did this all the Hot cue LEDS lit up showing to be in Beatslice mode. the current Midifighter TSI 1.1 does not do that.

i believe that ean has TSI 1.1.2 unrealsed.

the echo for me works great with hold echo for freeze effect.

how ever i would like the echo timing to be set to 3/16 and not 1/8

The midi fighter seems to be working great with my X1. i have got rid of the hotcues in the X1 TSI and they have now become Decks C/D contol.
pointless having two controlers with hot cue functions.

gonna work on some more effect programming for the X1 so i have some effects on the X1 and beat juggle mash up effects on the midi fighter.

Back once again or block rocking beats on deck c over 2 loops on decks A/B

That way you Can do your normal DJ set of Decks A/B and when the mood takes you rock out a small Juggle routine over the top on deck C or D with the midi fighter.

all good
Corinne Ardan
Hi All,

I've tried to open both midifighter tsi files with the TSI viewer on the Traktor Bible site. Unfortunately I couldn't get the files to open. Is it possible for someone to post the contents of the midifighter tsi file. I'm looking for the Midi Command, Assignment, Interaction Mode, Mod 1, Mod 2, etc?

I'm trying to better understand the link between the midi controller and the Traktor command. Hope that makes sense.

midiot
Leota Saniuk
ok .. i believe i have finally understood the mapping. just some comments about the mash/filter/delay.

for the delay i believe it would be great if there would be some way to be able to engage the delay and keep pressed but disengage when releasing (maybe by pressing the shift button while keeping the delay pressed?).

for the mash/filter in shift mode i am a bit confused still. maybe there is a bug, well actually most likely.

here is a description of what i see, anything i denote with a (!) seems like a bug to me:
when i press shift+mash the mash led lights up and stays on. when i press the shift+filter button the mash lights up and stays on (!) while the filter button does not light up at all though (!). depending on which of the two buttons or if i have shift+pressed both when hitting the relevant buttons above the mash/filter the settings get adjusted properly. pressing the play button however doesnt seem to have an effect like when not in shift mode (!).

also none of the top 3 right buttons engage FX2 (!). also releasing the the middle top buttons disengage the led on the mash (!). however the mode remains unchanged (as in i am still in mash/filter shift mode). and when ever i press any of the two top middle buttons the mash led lights up again. however they again turn off when i release (!).
robin loo
Originally Posted by Mixer Miyagi
How do you make this work... I'm 1.2.1 so I guess I have to use the original mapping. Is this even worth it, considering the bugs. But when I import it, it erases all of my other midi device mappings. I have a midifighter mapping that I use now that I like a lot. I just want to try this one. But it seems easier said than done. Any help would be appreciated.
do not click the big import button on the bottom of the pref screen. click add in the upper region and then 'import' from the dropdown menu..
Donnette Parish
How do you make this work... I'm 1.2.1 so I guess I have to use the original mapping. Is this even worth it, considering the bugs. But when I import it, it erases all of my other midi device mappings. I have a midifighter mapping that I use now that I like a lot. I just want to try this one. But it seems easier said than done. Any help would be appreciated.
Nisha Manty
Thanks for your fast response!
I believe my problem is pretty similar, something is mapped wrong but I don't know what. I've messed with the mapping but to no avail, B2 just won't turn on effect 3, kind of frustrating.
Mac Fly
My problem was deffinitly a midi mapping problem because I had to add this functionality to the mapping to make it work properly.
Mac Fly
I believe I had this problem, just look for the effect bank 3 in the controller mapping page and select the part of the mapping where it allows you to select different effects. My slot was empty so I just selected the beatmasher.
Nisha Manty
Originally Posted by Abyrne7
I noticed that when importing the new TSI for the MidiFighter that the top two effect buttons which activate the beatmasher and beatmasher and filter combos does not turn on FX bank 2. Anyone else notice this?
Thanks for your reply jaysum.

I actually have the opposite problem, when I turn on the Beatmasher or the Filter the FX bank gets turned on, but the button assigned to the Effect Param 3 - the Delay - doesn't activate the effect at all. I don't know why, it's mapped correctly.
Does anyone know how Ean configured that "8 Beat Sampler"? Mine isn't working so I'd like to take a shot at manually mapping that part but I don't know how it's done.
Mac Fly
Linnea Motes
Originally Posted by lpa225
so I tried switching them down an octave
i 'believe' different software uses different octave notation. middle C is usually C4 = binary 60.... but i believe even my vyzex software shows everything as being 1 octave lower than what traktor uses.
Susann Blachford
I saw the video for this and thought it sounded really really cool.
Unfortunately I don't have a Midifighter...
but I'm trying to figure out the effects used when Ean says "To drop a loop, you might press record..." and then the cue point buttons are used to "rejuggle" the loop...
How does the record button record a sample that plays even after the deck stops? Is it the beatslicer effect?

Can anyone shed some light on this? thanks!
Leota Saniuk
while on the train i did a quick go at mapping the launchpad midi (upper right hand corner) to the midi fighter and back. seeing some flakyness when using the sampler, then again i might not have understood things properly .. or have done a typo in the bome script. not sure if the midi feedback is exactly right either ..
Nisha Manty
I'm having issues with the "8 beat sampler", it's the one part of the mapping that isn't working for me. I've been trying to find the sampler control in the .tsi, but there isn't a control in the assignment table for the Midi Fighter called "sampler" or "record". The button that is supposed to be the record button actually changes Deck Master - Auto to Clock Master - Int. I don't understand the point of that, but that's what it's doing. I would try to put it in manually, but I don't know what the control is called that I would be assigning. Do you guys know what that's called?

Also, I've noticed that in Logic my Midi Fighter is assigned to C1-D#2, but most of the posts I've read involving the Midi Fighter show the mapping as C2-D#3. In Traktor all of the controller assignments are C2-D#3, and a few weren't working at first, so I tried switching them down an octave to the C1-D#2 range and now they do. Seems weird, I don't know if it's something I should fix or not.
Linnea Motes
Originally Posted by lsmith

2) do the mapping for each deck

yawn. i'll get the coffee.
Linnea Motes
oops. forgot the attachment
Linnea Motes
some days you just don't wanna wait till after work....here's a vyzex file which would give you the midi fighter map,

load vyzex, and presuming you know what you're doing put the MFIGHTER preset onto a spare slot on your MPD. mine is on 2 but please don't overwrite something important and blame me.

then just import DJTT's tsi and change the "In-Port" to whichever "USB-Audio Device" applies to your MPD. out-port irrelevant because we don't have led's.

all the buttons work (i.e. they all do something) but i haven't fully checked if they're in the right arrangement, although if they weren't then that would mean the midi-fighter has non-consecutive notes coming from its buttons which is fairly unlikely.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy