New Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 (updated 10/31/2013) READ ME IF YOU HAVE A 3D

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: New Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 (updated 10/31/2013) READ ME IF YOU HAVE A 3DReply
New Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 (updated 10/31/2013) READ ME IF YOU HAVE A 3D
Posted on: 12.09.2011 by Adolf Hit
Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 Change List

Utility Improvements

Minor aesthetic improvements
Fixed issue with firmware update in Windows 8
Added Mavericks support.

Mavericks Note: Please note that because the version number is the same as the old you will need to manually delete the old "Midi Fighter Utility" from your applications directory before running the new installer

Midi Fighter 3D

To ensure greater compatibility between the Midi Fighter 3D & Spectra we have decided to make a few changes to the 3D firmware, this may cause incompatibility with some older mappings, however we have worked with the creators of the most popular mappings to ensure they are updated to remain compatible.

If you have an old mapping that was not updated, or you do not wish to update you can access the old style firmware under the Tools menu in the Midi Fighter Utility software, simply click Tools>Alternate Firmware>Legacy> and select the firmware you where using previously.

The changes are:

1) Pickup detection note changed from CH4 F1 to CH4 F#0

2) LED control method updated to match the Spectra, color information is send on CH3
animation control is sent on CH4.

3) Bank Side Button option is enabled by default. This means the side button notes will
change with bank.

If you have a custom mapping you wish to update you can use the following guide.

MF3D Firmware Change Mappers Guide.pdf
Abe Cronister
hey Midifidler, quick question , when switching to the legacy firmware, should the date be the same as when in the new alternate firmware, for some reason i don't see a firmware change between the two, in legacy mode or any other standard or even osx remix the firmware is always "30 May 2012" and says up to date, so i am a little confused as for Eans Jam it on mapping, it says use the old firmware,so i am running into a few conflicts with the mapping, if you could give me a quick rundown on what and how to spot the differences between the different firmware would be appreciated.i only just got my 3D, so am new to how the software runs.

Thanks
Adolf Hit
@0Notice - Woop!
Valeri Millstein
Just wanted to say thanks for the new MF3D functionality is super effective especially with LED output animations!
Adolf Hit
@Farhan

Here you go

https://s3.amazonaws.com/MF_UTILITY_...tility_OSX.pkg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/MF_UTILITY_...tility+Win.exe
Garland Scarboro
where can i find the latest utility?
Nedra Fresneda
Added Mavericks support.
Kara Fleischhacker
it doesnt works in XP .-.
Beata Yukon
Ah, that's a bummer :/
Nedra Fresneda
MF Utility doesn't support note/cc editing it in it's current version. You could use Bome's or MidiPipe as a middle man to translate the messages to your needs.
Beata Yukon
Is it possible to edit the midi CCs from the side buttons of the Spectra/3D to send incremental midi messages?
I noticed with the Maschine/NI controller editor, you can set midi CC buttons to toggle, trigger, gate or incremental modes and was curious if the same is possible with the MF Utility.
Danika Roop
Working again, thanks for restoring the file!
An Boldosser
Originally Posted by midifidler
Hey SecretSeven the window should be resizable in windows as well - it could be that because you cant get your mouse to the bottom corner because of the screen clipping? Let me know and I can look into it.
i'm just not running a high enough resolution on my laptop i guess, i can resize it but its limited on height, probably because the midi fighter image doesn't auto scale while resizing. no worries about that, i'd be more interested in rotation abilities.
Danika Roop
MFUtility 2.31 (windows 7 x64) fails while attempting to download standard firmware for MF3D (I'm switching back from older remix deck firmware). Tools > Alternate firmware > Standard

Error downloading http://www.djranking s.com/mf_firmwa...0120130226.hex

Some files get deleted from the DJTT server?
Jesusa Peikert
i'm having an issue with the utility update.. every time i go into it now, the buttons are all blacked out and cannot be set to any colors. when i try to make changes to animations/etc and send to midifighter, it immediately stops responding and i have to stop the process in task manager. any idea what's going on? here's a screenshot of what it looks like when i go into the utility:

midifighter_issue.jpg
Latoria Kavulich
Jesse - I reproduced the same issue on Windows, I found that when I connected just the 3D under the Audio devices section I would see both the Spectra & 3D even when the spectra was not connected. I simply deleted both these entries, then restarted the 3d, then connected the spectra and everything worked fine again. Let me know if this fixes the problem for you.
solved! both playing nice together now i did notice the "ghost" spectra in the device manager.
Latoria Kavulich
ok mate thanks, will try this soon and get back to you

Adolf Hit
Hey SecretSeven the window should be resizable in windows as well - it could be that because you cant get your mouse to the bottom corner because of the screen clipping? Let me know and I can look into it.

Jesse - I reproduced the same issue on Windows, I found that when I connected just the 3D under the Audio devices section I would see both the Spectra & 3D even when the spectra was not connected. I simply deleted both these entries, then restarted the 3d, then connected the spectra and everything worked fine again. Let me know if this fixes the problem for you.

@edioli

Momentary CC's is a feature where pressing the arcade button also sends a CC of 127, and releasing will send a CC of 0. By mapping to the CC rather than the note in Ableton you get "Momentary" control of buttons rather than the toggle behavior notes give in Ableton.
Nedra Fresneda
It's resizable, at least in OSX.

Screen Shot 2013-02-28 at 2.50.43 PM (2).jpgScreen Shot 2013-02-28 at 2.50.53 PM (2).jpg
An Boldosser
is there any way you can make the utlity resizable? i can use the utility fine but it doesn't fit on my screen with my current laptop resolution and it cuts the bottom off with the log, which is fairly high i feel 1366x768. also i just wanted to note that i updated the spectra and got an error, had to unplug then replug mf and update again and it took just fine. i let it finish reinstalling a driver before unplugging, just so if anyone else comes across this issue.
Johnsie Zike
Midi Fighter Spectra

Utility now displays the unit serial number under device information.
Improved pulse animation quality for ring lighting and ground lighting.
"Software Mode" setting renamed to "Momentary CC"
Side Button CC's moved to CH5 to avoid conflict with Arcade Momentary CC's
Fixed issue where bank change animation was broken for direct change actions.
Remix deck firmware now has default side button actions.
Would someone please care to explain the "Momentary CC" setting?
Thanks!
Latoria Kavulich
hey midifidler, i just flashed my 3d and spectra with the new utility, now for some reason there is no remix deck control in traktor for either, i can swap into hid mode on the spectra but the ghost F1 doesn't show up in the controller manager? both worked perfect with the last firmware.

edit: no hid response at all on the 3d (win 7, x64)
Adolf Hit
Hey guys - sorry the rotation did not make it in this time. Ill try and get in in there for the 3D & Spectra in the future
An Boldosser
Originally Posted by Jester
being able to rotate 90 deg clockwise would be nice for remix deck use
i was actually going to ask if this was possible, or a 180 rotation. if it is already please let me know, didn't see anything in regarding this via utility

cheers
Latoria Kavulich
Originally Posted by GUVNA
Ive had a few issues.win7 utility v2.3

1.Utility v2.3 (win7) wont put MF3D into boot mode during firmware flash, or from the menu.It can only be done manually (4 corners held down).I believe this is caused by not enough or too much of a delay between the utility rebooting the MF3D and the command to enter boot mode being sent.

2.The utility doesnt play nice with Tracktor, cannot have both running together.If you do it seems to brick the MF3D until you re-flash and import settings again.It will also break any midi in Traktor, requiring to re-import all mappings again (HID was unaffected).Traktor would crash hard forcing to reboot the pc.

3.Importing settings and mappings only worked in a very strict order.First import the MF3D settings using the utility.Then i had to import my main controller using the big IMPORT.Then contrary to the tutorial i had to add the MF3D.This was the only way i could get both to work with all the effects settings.I used Traktor 2.6, a VCI100 FW 1.4 my mapping, MF3D BeauBryte 3D All-in-1 V0.2.0.

4.This is a windows issue really with how it handles midi, but i had to disable "send midi clock" bc it caused an audible buzz when pushing MF3D buttons.Shouldnt be an issue on a Mac, but for me it meant i could no longer sync Traktor and Machine by the clock.

5.Utility v2.3 would not detect the MF3D while Traktor was running, some randomness to this.
1. delete the mf3d driver in the device manager with the 3d unplugged, reboot the utility and you should be able to flash the firmware fine. (this worked for me)

2. you can't run the utility at the same time as traktor, and vice versa

3. if you use the "big import button" to import a mapping, all the mappings in the controller manager are deleted, except the one you are importing. use the add>import option in the controller manaher to bring in multiple mappings.

4. not sure about this one, i have the midi clock enabled and have not noticed any issues with my 3d and the audio

5. see 2.

i am on win 7 64 ultimate.
Apolonia Skibinski
Ive had a few issues.win7 utility v2.3

1.Utility v2.3 (win7) wont put MF3D into boot mode during firmware flash, or from the menu.It can only be done manually (4 corners held down).I believe this is caused by not enough or too much of a delay between the utility rebooting the MF3D and the command to enter boot mode being sent.

2.The utility doesnt play nice with Tracktor, cannot have both running together.If you do it seems to brick the MF3D until you re-flash and import settings again.It will also break any midi in Traktor, requiring to re-import all mappings again (HID was unaffected).Traktor would crash hard forcing to reboot the pc.

3.Importing settings and mappings only worked in a very strict order.First import the MF3D settings using the utility.Then i had to import my main controller using the big IMPORT.Then contrary to the tutorial i had to add the MF3D.This was the only way i could get both to work with all the effects settings.I used Traktor 2.6, a VCI100 FW 1.4 my mapping, MF3D BeauBryte 3D All-in-1 V0.2.0.

4.This is a windows issue really with how it handles midi, but i had to disable "send midi clock" bc it caused an audible buzz when pushing MF3D buttons.Shouldnt be an issue on a Mac, but for me it meant i could no longer sync Traktor and Machine by the clock.

5.Utility v2.3 would not detect the MF3D while Traktor was running, some randomness to this.
Latoria Kavulich
being able to rotate 90 deg clockwise would be nice for remix deck use
Yessenia Moulzolf
i have a macbook 1,1
its upgraded to 10.6.8 snow leopard, intel core duo 2 ghz and 2 gb ram
any ideas why its not working?
Valeri Millstein
Firmware for the MF3D wont download and I cant open menu mode... Any help please?
Ambrose Harbertson
I am also having trouble with the new utility. It seems to have disabled banks 3-4 on my Midi Fighter 3D and has made my MF Classic unresponsive in Traktor. HELP please!
Era Roka
yheeee rotate!
Sau Karrasch
thanks, man! im new to this.. you know I control my ipod nanostudio app with it. lol!
Adolf Hit
Hi mindless,

The MF3D does not support the animations in remix deck mode, to change back to standard mode from the utility click Tools>Alternate Firmare>Standard.

Cheers,

Mi
Sau Karrasch
hello, friends!
i just bought a second hand mf3d and just downloaded mf utility 2.1. It seems I don't have the option for animation. There's no tab for it, nothing in the application. I can just change the colors.. change motion and HID options. This sucks because I want to have the spark effect every time I press a button. Im using a windows 7 laptop. anyone have an idea? thanks for the help
Lillia Datson
Hey Dubuluw,

Sorry for the slow reply - I missed this.

So when you select the MF3D in the drop down and it starts to update the firmware what happens to the lights on the 3D. Does it display the start up flash star burst sequence or does the rightmost bank button start flashing?

Thats fine mate. I get the blank menu screen with the update option, and when i click it the top right white light starts flashing.
Adolf Hit
Originally Posted by DubluW
Hi Midifidler, ive tried all the steps you recommended (Ive been away for a while!) but after i click yes on the USB Hub warning, and the update firmware option, i still receive a pop up box saying the utility is unable to flash the MidiFighter.
Hey Dubuluw,

Sorry for the slow reply - I missed this.

So when you select the MF3D in the drop down and it starts to update the firmware what happens to the lights on the 3D. Does it display the start up flash star burst sequence or does the rightmost bank button start flashing?
Lillia Datson
Hi Midifidler, ive tried all the steps you recommended (Ive been away for a while!) but after i click yes on the USB Hub warning, and the update firmware option, i still receive a pop up box saying the utility is unable to flash the MidiFighter.
Dimple Rawley
well the new utility destroyed the functionality of my 2nd MF3D and bricked my MF Pro. Good times. Does anyone have a .hex for the MFpro that will re-recognize the hardware? (MFUtility no longer recognizes the pro) Its stuck in the 'top left corner button is lit and no response' mode when plugged into usb...Im guessing thats the hardware detecting power from usb.
Benjamin Hosking
2.5.1 came out a few weeks agoa
Hi can one of you from DJTT please answer my thread "You can
Adolf Hit
2.5.1 came out a few weeks agoa
Lashonda Corris
2.5.1 maybe just from the recent DJTT post???

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy