MIDI Fighter Spectra

MIDI Fighter Spectra
Posted on: 14.01.2013 by Pearly Revely
At least now we know the name. Commence gearlust.

Courtesy of Prefuse 73 on IG.

MOD EDIT:

Originally Posted by midifidler
Hey just a note for all you you who have brought a Spectra.

Today I noticed a small software bug which affects some (~20%)units, the symptom is that when upgrading the firmware instead of going into boot-loader mode the device just resets.

I have released a firmware update which fixes this on all units, once you update your Spectra with this code the firmware update will work without any issue.

To do this ...

Connect your Spectra, start the utility, click update firmware, when you see the Spectra display its start up pattern pull out the USB, hold the four corner arcade buttons and connect the USB again. The device should now show the blue boot-loader pattern and the utility will continue the update process.
Kiyoko Wellisch
I believe one of the Traktor gurus should have a skype call with these guys, help sort it out. It's been some time since I've fiddled with midi controllers in Traktor so I suspect I'm not the best person for the job. Any offers?

Originally Posted by rilyas
He plugged it in and it was not a plug and play. He downloaded, Traktor2 as suggested, he downloaded Mifi mapping, and others which were suggested on the site. Nothing worked except the mapping.
So you have Traktor Pro 2 installed and you believe you've set up the controller with the mapping you've downloaded. Can you tell us what happens in the software when you press the buttons? Does CTRL icon at the top of the screen light up? Do any of the buttons or knobs on the screen move? etc
It'd be nice to establish exactly where we are so we can start solving problems. i.e. Is the software not responding to the controller or is it responding in a different way from which we want it to?
Kellie Myrum
He plugged it in and it was not a plug and play. He downloaded, Traktor2 as suggested, he downloaded Mifi mapping, and others which were suggested on the site. Nothing worked except the mapping
Note that Spectra requires minimum Windows 7 installed. Also, did you make sure to update latest firmware?

When I got my Spectra I couldn't be able to send/receive any MIDI from Traktor right out of the box because the firmware was out-dated.
Ettie Herskovitz
Dear Mr. Popinjay,

Thanks for taking out the time to respond to this issue. Actually heres where the problem started. My son purchased the midi fighter from TechTools about 2 weeks or more ago. Keeping in mind he is not a DJ or has ever purchased or owned any DJ gear before when the item arrived it was not at all something Id had to deal with before.

He plugged it in and it was not a plug and play. He downloaded, Traktor2 as suggested, he downloaded Mifi mapping, and others which were suggested on the site. Nothing worked except the mapping. He was happy that he could change colors on the contraption but he wants music. he loves working with pianos, guitars and other sound things and is a music lover! So not being to get a sound out of the midifighter presented a problem for both he and I. I exhausted my possibilities and still no sound and no response or call from TechTools.

Im ready to return the item, but my so n indicated to me that thers a software pack and a player that would work. So I agreed to download it. After downloading the item I find that there is no player and only sound packs.
We observed the video over and over and I never heard Mad Zach mention it but this thing only works with MAC!!!! Mind you we dont have a mac. So here it is! We just want this Midi fighter to work and for our son to be satisfied with his purchase. Hes been so down about this item and Im helpless when it comes to these things because Im also not a DJ.... . And yes I would love if you helped us with the renoise install.

Thanks so much

Originally Posted by MrPopinjay
Hello rilyas!

Could you explain in detail the issues you're been having with the installation process? I've not really looked into it but isn't Zach's software for Macs only? Do you have a Mac? If not, don't worry, there are lots of other software that you can use your midifighter with, you've not been conned, your hardware is still good and usable!

Can anyone believe of a good freeware midi controllable stand alone sampler for Windows? In case this chap here doesn't have a Mac and I'm correct that the software isn't available for Windows. All the things I can believe of are a little complex. I have to admit that kind of thing isn't my area of expertise, being a Linux dood.

If no one has a good solution I can walk you through using it with the Renoise demo.
Cinda Barrois
When will the Spectras be back on sale?
Katherin Perras
Hello everyone!!!!!!

I'm having issues connecting both my midi fighter spectra and my Numark Mixtrack Pro to Traktor 2 and making them function properly. I want to use my midi fighter to control remix deck D and use my mixtrack to control decks A and B. When I connect them both and load the presets the midifighter just ends up manipulating random FX and play/pause/cue, but the mixtrack will work fine. Any advice would be helpful Thanx!!!!!
Kiyoko Wellisch
It's pretty close to being both though, right?
Latoria Kavulich
Plug & Play refers to the installation of the device, not insta-fun.
Kiyoko Wellisch
I believe one of the Traktor gurus should have a skype call with these guys, help sort it out. It's been some time since I've fiddled with midi controllers in Traktor so I suspect I'm not the best person for the job. Any offers?

He plugged it in and it was not a plug and play. He downloaded, Traktor2 as suggested, he downloaded Mifi mapping, and others which were suggested on the site. Nothing worked except the mapping.
So you have Traktor Pro 2 installed and you believe you've set up the controller with the mapping you've downloaded. Can you tell us what happens in the software when you press the buttons? Does CTRL icon at the top of the screen light up? Do any of the buttons or knobs on the screen move? etc
It'd be nice to establish exactly where we are so we can start solving problems. i.e. Is the software not responding to the controller or is it responding in a different way from which we want it to?
Christopher Schwinghamer
Hey rilyas dad!! I'll reiterate, I'm totally down to walk you though getting his midi fighter set up. I can meet you on skype and do the tutorial live. I will do it for free just because I like to help young folk out getting into music production / djing. I'll private message you my phone number and you can text me to work out the details. up to you. ??
Kellie Myrum
He plugged it in and it was not a plug and play. He downloaded, Traktor2 as suggested, he downloaded Mifi mapping, and others which were suggested on the site. Nothing worked except the mapping
Note that Spectra requires minimum Windows 7 installed. Also, did you make sure to update latest firmware?

When I got my Spectra I couldn't be able to send/receive any MIDI from Traktor right out of the box because the firmware was out-dated.
Delena Katherman
@rilyas (or his dad): It's probably not a great idea to throw your private phone number up on an internet community , even on a (mostly!) upstanding one like DJTT. You might want to edit your post and remove the number. People usually communicate via PM on this community for stuff like this. Best of luck with your issue.
Christopher Schwinghamer
Hey Rilyas! I'd be happy to help you get stuff setup and get you started. I'm totally in love with my midi fighter and I feel good to be passing it on. Please PM me if your interested!
Ettie Herskovitz
Dear Mr. Popinjay,

Thanks for taking out the time to respond to this issue. Actually heres where the problem started. My son purchased the midi fighter from TechTools about 2 weeks or more ago. Keeping in mind he is not a DJ or has ever purchased or owned any DJ gear before when the item arrived it was not at all something Id had to deal with before.

He plugged it in and it was not a plug and play. He downloaded, Traktor2 as suggested, he downloaded Mifi mapping, and others which were suggested on the site. Nothing worked except the mapping. He was happy that he could change colors on the contraption but he wants music. he loves working with pianos, guitars and other sound things and is a music lover! So not being to get a sound out of the midifighter presented a problem for both he and I. I exhausted my possibilities and still no sound and no response or call from TechTools.

Im ready to return the item, but my so n indicated to me that thers a software pack and a player that would work. So I agreed to download it. After downloading the item I find that there is no player and only sound packs.
We observed the video over and over and I never heard Mad Zach mention it but this thing only works with MAC!!!! Mind you we dont have a mac. So here it is! We just want this Midi fighter to work and for our son to be satisfied with his purchase. Hes been so down about this item and Im helpless when it comes to these things because Im also not a DJ.... . And yes I would love if you helped us with the renoise install.

Thanks so much

Originally Posted by MrPopinjay
Hello rilyas!

Could you explain in detail the issues you're been having with the installation process? I've not really looked into it but isn't Zach's software for Macs only? Do you have a Mac? If not, don't worry, there are lots of other software that you can use your midifighter with, you've not been conned, your hardware is still good and usable!

Can anyone believe of a good freeware midi controllable stand alone sampler for Windows? In case this chap here doesn't have a Mac and I'm correct that the software isn't available for Windows. All the things I can believe of are a little complex. I have to admit that kind of thing isn't my area of expertise, being a Linux dood.

If no one has a good solution I can walk you through using it with the Renoise demo.
Nedra Fresneda
@rilyas

I'm really sorry you are having technical issues at the moment. If you have opened a support ticket please contact me at matias@djranking s.com with the ticket # and I'll see what I can do for you. Otherwise, please click here and we will help you there.
Kiyoko Wellisch
Hello rilyas!

Ettie Herskovitz
Hey people, Im an 11 year old kid. I just purchased the midi fighter spectra from DJ Tech tools as well as Mad Zacks player and sound packs. I am however having a problem. There was no player with my download and I cant get anyone to call me back and offer support to make my midi player to work.
Is there any one out here allot more experienced than me that can help me out?

Im just a kid but I love these gadgets and love to make music. Its my dream to create and innovate. But I cant do it if my idols cant offer help....

I purchased and downloaded the sounds packs as well as the players but the player is really not in the download. I I started the zachs video on how to install and set up but his version of the download and what I have are different. I feel terrible. I just spent over $250.00 on this site and my moms is upset because she believes I got had! Can Some one offer me a hand here.?
Julianne Vanbibber
Hi Guys,

could someone take a look at my problem getting my mf spectra to work?
Tried a few things and nothing works...

My threat
Aleshia Nicaise
Originally Posted by Justin d
I am new to all this so bare with me... So did you use the loop recorder on the original songs and used that as your samples?
No, you can just set a loop while playing a song and go up to the title of the song in the deck and drag it into a remix slot. and no problem, you've gotta start somewhere.
Maryalice Grauberger
Originally Posted by Tr1z
I chopped all of those up from my library and changed the pitch and volume of a few of them. AND THANKS!
I am new to all this so bare with me... So did you use the loop recorder on the original songs and used that as your samples?
Aleshia Nicaise
Originally Posted by Justin d
Sweet! You use a sound pack with that?
I chopped all of those up from my library and changed the pitch and volume of a few of them. AND THANKS!
Maryalice Grauberger
Originally Posted by Tr1z
Hey Everyone! I haven't been on this community in a while but i recieved Midi Fighter Spectra Unit#4 way back in January. They actually put my Spectra's picture up on the main Spectra page. Check out my Newest video using the Remix Decks

Sweet! You use a sound pack with that?
Kellie Myrum
Awesome vid Triz!
Aleshia Nicaise
Hey Everyone! I haven't been on this community in a while but i recieved Midi Fighter Spectra Unit#4 way back in January. They actually put my Spectra's picture up on the main Spectra page. Check out my Newest video using the Remix Decks

Kiyoko Wellisch
707 is a good number
Maryalice Grauberger
image.jpg

image.jpg

#707 checking in!

Got it for my birthday from my mother, has her name on the COA, lol!
Anibal Hoormann
Originally Posted by Buffaz
Yes i bought mine delivered to Sweden and had no problem at all, came up to around 160 Euro after customs.. had mine delivered within a week so speedy service

//Buffaz
Ahh yeahh, thanks, well I have to get back to uk first before ordering it, but it's good to know!
Shawnta Orenstein
Originally Posted by Balmain
Did someone buy it from USA to Europe? I really want a Spectra, but I am a bit nervous about buying it from the other side of the world (+ taxe), ...
Yes i bought mine delivered to Sweden and had no problem at all, came up to around 160 Euro after customs.. had mine delivered within a week so speedy service

//Buffaz
Anibal Hoormann
Did someone buy it from USA to Europe? I really want a Spectra, but I am a bit nervous about buying it from the other side of the world (+ taxe), ...
Kellie Myrum
Check MIDIfighter utility software. You can set all the HID functions from there.
Isobel Stotts
Hey,

so i bought a Spectra to control the Remix Decks, I just want to trigger Loops and One Shots during my sets with the Spectra, all other controls i need i've integrated in my xone k2 mapping (like slot Volumes etc...)

At first I thought the Remix Deck function would be plug and play after changing the Firmware of the Midifighter.
But now i know that i have to map all functions (according to some community research)

At his point i have no idea where to start. I own Traktor 2.6 and i don't even have the "f1" tab in my preferences.

Can someone give me an idea where i have to start? I just want to scroll through the Remix Deck (Deck D) Pages with 2 side buttons and launch my clips with LED Feedback.

So i would really appreciate if someone could tell me where to begin. (actually I have some serous mapping skills, but i don't know how to map those HID functions)

Cheers,

Daniel
Nedra Fresneda
Originally Posted by doclvly
can a midi fighter spectra have knobs and buttons added to it DIY like the classic?
Nope
Ming Toffoli
can a midi fighter spectra have knobs and buttons added to it DIY like the classic?
Kellie Myrum
@Midifidler

I got one quick question for ya. Is it possible to mix animation signals for Spectra output to get fleshing LED which also pulse at the same time?

That would be quite useful.
Random X
Originally Posted by midifidler
@KNOTZ

That is a Midi Fighter Classic without the Silicon Sleeve on, the bottom was always clear.
True! This design's rather familiar to you.
Tommy Thiner
shims that's one sexy spectra love the all white and the color combo you chose
Caprice Segreto
Hello from the Seattle area!

MFS #728 checking in!

Fay Ludford
Wow, white with the silicon sleeve looks great. I kind of wish I went with the clear silicon instead of white but i'm still happy with the way mine has turned out.

Tommy Thiner
Originally Posted by Jester
they are about the same age as the typical community member mate
Haha that's too good!
Latoria Kavulich
they are about the same age as the typical community member mate
Tommy Thiner

My buddies sons playing on #400. I couldn't even get them to take their hands off the thing long enough to take a picture

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy