Mapping Traktor 2.6.2 Remix Deck Slots/Cells according to page state of Remix Deck ?

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Mapping Traktor 2.6.2 Remix Deck Slots/Cells according to page state of Remix Deck ?Reply
Mapping Traktor 2.6.2 Remix Deck Slots/Cells according to page state of Remix Deck ?
Posted on: 02.07.2013 by Stacy Mcilvaine
I am very happy with the new direct cell mapping of the Remix Decks in Traktor it is quite awesome! I am in the process of mapping out my A&H K2 to play each of the cells in the remix decks and I am wondering if anyone would know the answer to my question....

It seems I can map the cells directly but with the K2 and not using a Modifier I am limited to the top page of cells regardless of the page state. I am able to scroll up and down the page state of the remix decks but since the cells are directly mapped individually scrolling to the bottom 3 pages still plays the top page. I know I might be asking for a bit much but does anyone know how to assign each slot to play based on the page of the remix decks?
Eva Ploeger
Was busy making multiple pages for my Launchpad in Midi Katapult to control the different pages. This way is so much better, controlling everything from one page. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Stewe
Add your modifier to the actual sample cell triggers!

1-4 page 1
5-8 page 2
9-12 page 3
13-16 page 4

Use page selector command to change between remix deck pages and if your modifier is assigned correctly for all sells the triggers should follow.
Trang Partch
Yeah, from the people's input that I've seen in this community the K2 output isn't very mapping friendly. Never tried one myself though.
Well, it is not as bad as it may sound. It is simply the way A&H implemented the color chosing for the output, that is somewhat impractical. The combination of colour+on/off state on the notes is a broken design. They should have gone for a single note for each LED and used the velocity to do the colour picking. That would at least alleviate the problems that I have had.
So right now it is more a matter of mapping the unit as if there was only a single colour for each LED.

But otherwise the unit is fine to map.
Stacy Mcilvaine
Thanks for the reply, I am looking now....

So far I see the Sample Page Modifier in the Remix Decks list and indeed I do have it so it scrolls the pages 1-4. However I am getting lost when it comes to assigning the modifier.

Am I to add the Sample Page Selector modifier condition in mapping details to the existing Sample Page Selector assignment? If it would not be a bother, would you mind elaborating a bit more? I will continue to tinker with it as well...I promise to share my K2 Mapping on here when its done!

Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 3.58.55 PM.jpg
Stacy Mcilvaine
I am very happy with the new direct cell mapping of the Remix Decks in Traktor it is quite awesome! I am in the process of mapping out my A&H K2 to play each of the cells in the remix decks and I am wondering if anyone would know the answer to my question....

It seems I can map the cells directly but with the K2 and not using a Modifier I am limited to the top page of cells regardless of the page state. I am able to scroll up and down the page state of the remix decks but since the cells are directly mapped individually scrolling to the bottom 3 pages still plays the top page. I know I might be asking for a bit much but does anyone know how to assign each slot to play based on the page of the remix decks?
Eva Ploeger
Was busy making multiple pages for my Launchpad in Midi Katapult to control the different pages. This way is so much better, controlling everything from one page. Thanks.

1-4 page 1
5-8 page 2
9-12 page 3
13-16 page 4

Use page selector command to change between remix deck pages and if your modifier is assigned correctly for all sells the triggers should follow.
Trang Partch
Yeah, from the people's input that I've seen in this community the K2 output isn't very mapping friendly. Never tried one myself though.
Well, it is not as bad as it may sound. It is simply the way A&H implemented the color chosing for the output, that is somewhat impractical. The combination of colour+on/off state on the notes is a broken design. They should have gone for a single note for each LED and used the velocity to do the colour picking. That would at least alleviate the problems that I have had.
So right now it is more a matter of mapping the unit as if there was only a single colour for each LED.

But otherwise the unit is fine to map.
Kellie Myrum
Trang Partch
Nice. I am mostly at the same place.
I have playback covered so far as cell trigger, page scrolling, mute and quantize.

I would advice to not try to get the LED feedback to fancy (i.e. RED == loaded, AMBER == WAITING , GREEN == PLAYING).
I tried so and failed, due to the K2's way of mixing up interleaved commands for the LED control.
I will stick with single LED.
Kellie Myrum
You got me in the middle of typing

Nice one!
Stacy Mcilvaine
I believe I got it... Added out for Beat Phase and then Modifier (remix deck slot) / Playing. And then assigned it to the correct deck.
Stacy Mcilvaine
If you are feeling ambitious... How would you recommend mapping the LED's? right now I have it so there is a out command
Slot 1 Cell 1 State

It just shows me there is a sample loaded but not much else..

I am looking to have the active remix cell blink sort of like I programmed beat phase for my play button on each deck....

THANK U!
Stacy Mcilvaine
WORKS!!!

THANK YOU! You are a genius!

This will be very time consuming but once its done I will be super happy. Could not have done it without your advice!

Thanks Again!
Kellie Myrum

1-4 page 1
5-8 page 2
9-12 page 3
13-16 page 4

Stacy Mcilvaine
Thanks for the reply, I am looking now....

So far I see the Sample Page Modifier in the Remix Decks list and indeed I do have it so it scrolls the pages 1-4. However I am getting lost when it comes to assigning the modifier.

Am I to add the Sample Page Selector modifier condition in mapping details to the existing Sample Page Selector assignment? If it would not be a bother, would you mind elaborating a bit more? I will continue to tinker with it as well...I promise to share my K2 Mapping on here when its done!

Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 3.58.55 PM.jpg
Diogo Dj Dragão
There is a modifier called "Sample Page Selector", which has the values of Page 1-4. So instead of mapping to slots 1-16 directly, map to slots 1-4 and use the Sample Page Selector modifier to modulate that out to 16 clip triggers.

Yes, that means that you'll have 4 commands for each trigger (8 if you're also doing LED feedback). One command per slot trigger times 4 possible pages.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy