Setup for CDJ2000's+DJM900+Midi Fighter 3d

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Setup for CDJ2000's+DJM900+Midi Fighter 3dReply
Setup for CDJ2000's+DJM900+Midi Fighter 3d
Posted on: 20.11.2013 by Branda Varnado
G'day from Oz.
Firstly, I hope I have selected the right community .
The club I regularly work in has recently acquired 2 x CDJ2000's and a DJM900 (all Nexus models). I have done my research while waiting for them to arrive and intend to use Advanced HID mode on the CDJ's to control Decks A & B on Traktor Pro. The mixer will also be midi connected and used as the soundcard.
With my usual set-up (DN-MC6000) I also use my Midi-Fighter 3d for cue point juggling, effects and a remix deck. So I am hoping that I can still use the MF3d in the same way.
Is anyone aware of any conflicts etc that I should consider?
Thanks for the info...
Coops
Branda Varnado
G'day from Oz.
Firstly, I hope I have selected the right community .
The club I regularly work in has recently acquired 2 x CDJ2000's and a DJM900 (all Nexus models). I have done my research while waiting for them to arrive and intend to use Advanced HID mode on the CDJ's to control Decks A & B on Traktor Pro. The mixer will also be midi connected and used as the soundcard.
With my usual set-up (DN-MC6000) I also use my Midi-Fighter 3d for cue point juggling, effects and a remix deck. So I am hoping that I can still use the MF3d in the same way.
Is anyone aware of any conflicts etc that I should consider?
Thanks for the info...
Coops
Branda Varnado
Thanks for the help!
Alphonso Deitchman
To use Traktor with the CDJs, they need to be connected to the laptop via USB.

Ethernet is for Rekordbox only.
Meridith Betsinger
Use the cdjs as the soundcards it makes for an easier setup.
Unless you intend on using more than 2 tracks, there's no need to use the DJM as your soundcard.

I couldn't find exactly "why" but looking online people seem to believe it's just better to use the cdjs directly (don't forget to aggregate!).
There's also the added bonus of not having to plug in an extra usb (2 cdj(or ethernet as well)+djm+mf3d usb).
Perhaps I'm confused about the whole thing and it's possible to do djm+mf3d usb and be done with it. (All the CDJs being connected to the mixer with the link/ethernet cable).
Multiple options.

As for the MF3D you can run it as you wish. No extra difficulties because of the Nexus setup.
have fun.
Addie Engbrecht
Also want to add, you are going to want to research setting up the 900 soundcard in Traktor. It's not rocket science, but it's confusing for first time users.
Alphonso Deitchman
You'll need to use the DJM as your sound card so that you have enough outputs for your Traktor decks, so you'll need the DJM drivers installed beforehand.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy