CDJ part website

CDJ part website
Posted on: 04.01.2014 by Alyce Southey
Anyone know of any good online part retailers for Pioneer CDJs?

Unfortunately some how during the nite one of my pa speakers fell of the stand and smashed my CDJ900.

functionally it works fine. but the wheel platter is broken. it smashed it in pretty good. platter top is all screwed and tilts back and forth. The wheel its self barely spins. very heavy drag and its catching on something. bearing or something deffinitely is damaged/broken.

Any recommendations to parts or a someone that fixes CDJs at reasonable price would be great.

Any recommendations to videos/howtos on taking apart the CDJ as well could be useful. Found a few vids on how to take apart 800s and 1000s so it should be pretty similiar with my 900.

Im going to take apart this week to see what i find. Not very familiar with the internals tho, so i may not know of all what could be broken. The wheel does spin when i move it but does not free spin at all like deck Bs CDJ. Physically can feel damage and see the outer ring push out at one location while turning.

I would like to repair myself if possible as im not looking to spend hundreds to fix this when i bought it used, but i dont want to have to drop another $800 on another CDJ.

Thanks in advance.
Moehawk
Alyce Southey
Finally got around to taking it apart.

thankfully it only looks like 4 broken rollers for the wheel. Dont see any other damage or damage to moving parts.

Dissassembly was very easy. 6 screws under the cdj, open it, remove 5 holding the wheel down and remove the ribbon. then outer ring pops off and i was done.
Gretta Krotz
pics pics pics let us know progress lol you would be surprised as to how often this happens to some people lol
Alyce Southey
Anyone know of any good online part retailers for Pioneer CDJs?

Unfortunately some how during the nite one of my pa speakers fell of the stand and smashed my CDJ900.

functionally it works fine. but the wheel platter is broken. it smashed it in pretty good. platter top is all screwed and tilts back and forth. The wheel its self barely spins. very heavy drag and its catching on something. bearing or something deffinitely is damaged/broken.

Any recommendations to parts or a someone that fixes CDJs at reasonable price would be great.

Any recommendations to videos/howtos on taking apart the CDJ as well could be useful. Found a few vids on how to take apart 800s and 1000s so it should be pretty similiar with my 900.

Im going to take apart this week to see what i find. Not very familiar with the internals tho, so i may not know of all what could be broken. The wheel does spin when i move it but does not free spin at all like deck Bs CDJ. Physically can feel damage and see the outer ring push out at one location while turning.

I would like to repair myself if possible as im not looking to spend hundreds to fix this when i bought it used, but i dont want to have to drop another $800 on another CDJ.

Thanks in advance.
Moehawk
Libbie Orion
hey
give us a step by step of the progress with pics?

what would be cool!
Alyce Southey
Thanks Markka will look into that!

gotta grab some smaller screw drivers and im going to take it apart this weekend.
Jesusita Hulsey
I believe you need a new platter roller , its a plastic shaft with plastic roller around it. You can find them on ebay for 5-15$ use word "pioneer platter roll cdj" to search. Hope this helps

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy