Traktor x1 Mk1/Mk2 Advice

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Traktor x1 Mk1/Mk2 AdviceReply
Traktor x1 Mk1/Mk2 Advice
Posted on: 19.12.2013 by Maribeth Tidler
Hey guys!

Looking for a bit of advice on the X1.

At present I have s4. In that I tend to have decks A and B as main track decks and use C and D for accapella's and loops. Now my current workflow often involves switching the deck on the s4 to fire off C and D. What I have done when working quickly is went to press play and I've not switched the deck over. This could be fatal live!

So I was believeing that I could use an x1 that controls only C + D. There's no room for mistakes then.

So my question is given what I want to be using it for is the x1 the right choice and also does anyone have any advice on getting the mk1 or mk2 at all?

Thanks
Maribeth Tidler
Hey guys!

Looking for a bit of advice on the X1.

At present I have s4. In that I tend to have decks A and B as main track decks and use C and D for accapella's and loops. Now my current workflow often involves switching the deck on the s4 to fire off C and D. What I have done when working quickly is went to press play and I've not switched the deck over. This could be fatal live!

So I was believeing that I could use an x1 that controls only C + D. There's no room for mistakes then.

So my question is given what I want to be using it for is the x1 the right choice and also does anyone have any advice on getting the mk1 or mk2 at all?

Thanks
Bridget Haliburton
Oh, I hadn't thought of that. I might actually try to drop an acapella into a remix deck and seeing what happens. You might try breaking the acapella up into smaller chunks if it turns out there is a limit. Good luck with whatever you decide on.
Maribeth Tidler
I have used a F1 and I tend to be dropping accapella's that are longer than 64 beats which is the max size you can have on a sample on a remix deck isn't it? Or there was a.....

I stopped reading at that point. Googled. And then cried. I've been doing it wrong. So very wrong I believe. I'm now off to borrow the F1 I had before and give that a go. Thanks. I don't know why I didn't believe of this before...
Bridget Haliburton
Why not an F1? You already have a jogwheel for nudging.. So seeing as how the X1 MK2 is more focused on deck alignment and effects it sounds like you need something which will always be used primarily as a clip launcher on C/D.

That said... I don't have a jogwheel (Z2 mixer) or tables so I am planning on getting an X1 MK2 soon for effects and syncing tracks. The MK2 does have cues but if it were I purchasing I would rather 32 buttons and a bunch of stuff in one remix deck (or two) rather than fiddling with 4 cues on a device meant for another purpose..

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy