Allen and Heath Chroma Caps

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Allen and Heath Chroma CapsReply
Allen and Heath Chroma Caps
Posted on: 31.10.2013 by Wilton Keuning
Hey all!!

As we all know by now the new Chroma Caps have finally hit! The new encoders and 90o rotated super knobs look great! As many of us I'm sure are excited for, is outfitting our K2's!

My question is, will the K2 still fit in its supplied case with the super knobs on it? or no?

TIA!
Irwin Ney
The Glow in the Dark fatty knobs fits well on Xone K2 Encoders, look that:
VicioussHoff Setup.jpg
But they will be even taller than the 90 degree, so if you have a full bag it may leave some damage to the encoders over time, for sure that they will be pressed down all the time if the pressure is too much over the K2 case.
Cassie Sangermano
Chroma Caps have just arrived, and I can confirm that they fit ok in the case!! (Apologies for blurry pics, taken on my Nexus 4...)

2013-12-02 15.06.30-small.jpg

They do sit quite high on the stems, and the encoder ones sit even higher, but they end up all being about the same height.
2013-12-02 15.06.36-small.jpg

Case closed. Slight bulge at top end of case where knobs are, but as you'll see from the second pic the knobs push into the foam, but not enough to depress the encoders down when closed.
2013-12-02 15.07.05-small.jpg2013-12-02 15.07.20-small.jpg

They also fit on some of the knobs on my MC6000!! Although some of the knobs are rotated 90 degrees. As these are 90 degree knobs, I hope the normal knobs will fit on the other ones!! Anyone know which way the 90 degree knobs are rotated from the normal ones?? (Both the gain and the HI EQ stems that don't have chroma caps on in this pic are at - infinity)
2013-12-02 15.12.32-small.jpg

Encoder knob fits on the central encoder as well, but covers up the blue light ring surrounding it.
2013-12-02 15.15.48-small.jpg
Alphonso Deitchman
Originally Posted by robdquick
Just ordered a load of 90 degree knobs..... Will let you know if it fits in the case with them on after they arrive!
Not a chance if the stock knobs are touching the case.

https://d16rm6ap8dyyo6.cloudfront.ne...JPG?1375987102
Wilton Keuning
Just ordered a load of 90 degree knobs..... Will let you know if it fits in the case with them on after they arrive!
Thanks homie!
Cassie Sangermano
Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman
They're too wide and hit the next knob over.
Are they really that much wider?? Looking at pics of the encoder knobs and the 90 degree knobs and yes, they are slightly wider, but it seems like there would be more than enough of a gap in between them... Really would like to do the encoders and knobs in matching colours!!

Edit: Dammit they only do the 90 degree super knows in 3 different colours.... wanted a different color for each channel
Cassie Sangermano
Hey all!!

As we all know by now the new Chroma Caps have finally hit! The new encoders and 90o rotated super knobs look great! As many of us I'm sure are excited for, is outfitting our K2's!

My question is, will the K2 still fit in its supplied case with the super knobs on it? or no?

TIA!
i believe it will be a very tight squeeze if it does! The knobs already push against the foam of the lid when closed..... Depends how much taller they are I guess.
Alphonso Deitchman
Wrong. There are also new super knobs where the inner stem is turned 90 degrees so the work on Allen and Heath & Pioneer gear now. That way homies like kooper can use them on his DJM.
The 90 degree knobs available in the store have been around for a while. The encoders are the new release.
Wilton Keuning
Originally Posted by neilmcm
do the encoders fit on a@h gear as when you go into the store an select the k2 the encoders aren't listed as available ?
Cassie Sangermano
Any reason why you went for the fatty caps rather than the encoder caps?? Or were you just testing them out?? Looks funny having the line on them!!
Irwin Ney
The Glow in the Dark fatty knobs fits well on Xone K2 Encoders, look that:
VicioussHoff Setup.jpg
But they will be even taller than the 90 degree, so if you have a full bag it may leave some damage to the encoders over time, for sure that they will be pressed down all the time if the pressure is too much over the K2 case.
Cassie Sangermano
Bruiser Smith, check out my latest post on the Chroma Caps fitting guide thread: http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=40974

Pics and explanation of which knobs (Normal, 90 degree) fit on which Knobs on the MC6000.
Cassie Sangermano
Yep, 90 degree caps fit fine on the Hi/Mid/Low knobs. They fit fine, almost flush with the top plate like the original knobs (much better than the fit on the K2!). The gain knobs are normal chroma caps, and some of the other ones are different, Cue gain is 90 degree, cue mix is normal (or the other way round, can't remember exactly!!).

Take a look at this post for more pics and info: http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...l=1#post663703

I've just ordered a load of 90 degree and a few normal knobs for it, once they've arrived I'll put up a few pics and state exactly which knobs fit on what.
Kimberlee Giap
Thanks for posting the MC-6000 pics!!!! I've been wondering about this for a while. So, if I am understanding everything correctly the 90 degree knobs fit the Hi/Mid/Low knobs correctly? How flush do they sit on the MC6000 compared to the K2?
Cassie Sangermano
Chroma Caps have just arrived, and I can confirm that they fit ok in the case!! (Apologies for blurry pics, taken on my Nexus 4...)

2013-12-02 15.06.30-small.jpg

They do sit quite high on the stems, and the encoder ones sit even higher, but they end up all being about the same height.
2013-12-02 15.06.36-small.jpg

Case closed. Slight bulge at top end of case where knobs are, but as you'll see from the second pic the knobs push into the foam, but not enough to depress the encoders down when closed.
2013-12-02 15.07.05-small.jpg2013-12-02 15.07.20-small.jpg

They also fit on some of the knobs on my MC6000!! Although some of the knobs are rotated 90 degrees. As these are 90 degree knobs, I hope the normal knobs will fit on the other ones!! Anyone know which way the 90 degree knobs are rotated from the normal ones?? (Both the gain and the HI EQ stems that don't have chroma caps on in this pic are at - infinity)
2013-12-02 15.12.32-small.jpg

Encoder knob fits on the central encoder as well, but covers up the blue light ring surrounding it.
2013-12-02 15.15.48-small.jpg
Alphonso Deitchman
Not a chance if the stock knobs are touching the case.

https://d16rm6ap8dyyo6.cloudfront.ne...JPG?1375987102
Wilton Keuning
Thanks homie!
Cassie Sangermano
Cassie Sangermano
Are they really that much wider?? Looking at pics of the encoder knobs and the 90 degree knobs and yes, they are slightly wider, but it seems like there would be more than enough of a gap in between them... Really would like to do the encoders and knobs in matching colours!!

Edit: Dammit they only do the 90 degree super knows in 3 different colours.... wanted a different color for each channel
Cassie Sangermano
Hey all!!

TIA!
i believe it will be a very tight squeeze if it does! The knobs already push against the foam of the lid when closed..... Depends how much taller they are I guess.
Oren Stunkel
So would they fit the Allen & Heath XONE:4D ?
Alphonso Deitchman
Wrong. There are also new super knobs where the inner stem is turned 90 degrees so the work on Allen and Heath & Pioneer gear now. That way homies like kooper can use them on his DJM.
The 90 degree knobs available in the store have been around for a while. The encoders are the new release.
Wilton Keuning
Originally Posted by neilmcm
do the encoders fit on a@h gear as when you go into the store an select the k2 the encoders aren't listed as available ?
Lynetta Stanislav
Wilton Keuning
Originally Posted by Jester
Djm600!
Oh. Duh. >.<
Latoria Kavulich
Djm600!
Wilton Keuning
Originally Posted by Jester
and on our trusty 600
600..? what? haha
Latoria Kavulich
and on our trusty 600
Wilton Keuning
Originally Posted by makar1
There are encoder caps now, nothing else new.
Latoria Kavulich
super knobs are a little taller than normal, take this into account
Kristofer Krauel
I was intrigued by the 90 degree comment more than anything as im waiting for an option to fit on my DJM.
Alphonso Deitchman
There are encoder caps now, nothing else new.
Kristofer Krauel
Have I missed the announcement for the new Chroma Caps??

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy