Do the LaCie Rugged external HD's come with cables?

Home :: Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics. :: Do the LaCie Rugged external HD's come with cables?Reply
Do the LaCie Rugged external HD's come with cables?
Posted on: 08.12.2013 by Temple Cervelli
I'm believeing of buying a LaCie Rugged external HD, this one here to be precise: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...seller=&sr=8-2

I know they're USB AND FireWire compatible, so i was wondering, do the HD's come boxed WITH FireWire and/or USB cables? I want FireWire800, so hoping FireWire cable comes with it.

Just so i know whether to order one as well or not..
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by Superfreak
I would be looking to just completely move my itunes(traktor music) and just play it from the LaCie Rugged,
Yup, that's what I did for a short time back in the days of the original Traktor 3 (prior to Traktor Pro 1). I had zero issues. The FireWire drive was definitely quick enough and this was with a slightly underpowered iBook at the time.
Obviously it should not be the only copy of your collection, you should still have a backup elsewhere but my own personal experience with the LaCie Rugged is a good one. In fact I was tempted to buy another, larger LaCie just recently but went with a cheaper option as it was not leaving the house so I didn't really need a Rugged. I initially bought a Rugged because it was going in and out of my gig bag and would naturally end up getting abused.
Temple Cervelli
I'm believeing of buying a LaCie Rugged external HD, this one here to be precise: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...seller=&sr=8-2

I know they're USB AND FireWire compatible, so i was wondering, do the HD's come boxed WITH FireWire and/or USB cables? I want FireWire800, so hoping FireWire cable comes with it.

Just so i know whether to order one as well or not..
Temple Cervelli
Yeah I wouldnt have that as the only collection on the LACie, I have a 1TB Samsung M3 ex HD USB, it's cool, but i use it for everything TimeMachine, all my backups, files, tracks, logic folder, everything. So i want to ease up the risk and keep my current one for backups only, and the FireWire for music, traktor collection etc.

That's a good point as it goes, there may be another 500GB/1TB FireWire ex HD out there thats more affordable than the LaCie Rugged. I'm not gigging hard (or at all) at the moment, but would rather just have that, and not have to go and by the rugged later on when i start to gig.

Any recommends on a 500GB/1TB FireWire external HD that's not a Lacie Rugged?
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by Superfreak
I would be looking to just completely move my itunes(traktor music) and just play it from the LaCie Rugged,
Yup, that's what I did for a short time back in the days of the original Traktor 3 (prior to Traktor Pro 1). I had zero issues. The FireWire drive was definitely quick enough and this was with a slightly underpowered iBook at the time.
Obviously it should not be the only copy of your collection, you should still have a backup elsewhere but my own personal experience with the LaCie Rugged is a good one. In fact I was tempted to buy another, larger LaCie just recently but went with a cheaper option as it was not leaving the house so I didn't really need a Rugged. I initially bought a Rugged because it was going in and out of my gig bag and would naturally end up getting abused.
Temple Cervelli
I have been swayed by reviews, they seem pretty mixed, the most being positive though. Good customer care is all great, but no amount of customer care could make me feel better when/if my drive f**ks up!

! person here says they're not good, the other says yes... None the less, i've wanted one for a while and have been told about them a lot. But @Karlos, I'll check that out, if my cable plays up I'll get a new one! I would be looking to just completely move my itunes(traktor music) and just play it from the LaCie Rugged,

Cheers!
nayit ruiz jaramillo
I have LaCie Rugged that I have been using for longer than I can remember (approx 6 years). Used it live with Traktor and I now use it as a simple back up drive. I have dropped it numerous times and it just bounces and it's fine.

What I would say it buy a decent FireWire cable as the one supplied (with mine) was shite and loose. I got a Belkin cable and its solid.
Celina Namoki
Both a friend of mine and I have bought multiple drives.(He bought 3 for his video business. I bought two. all over the course of one year.) all at separate times/separate dealers. All have had connections issues within a year. I don't even carry them around. I was truly disappointed by them...I was so excited when i got them .ill never buy them again. I have even tried using different cables. After a few months the drives were not even showing up. I had to wiggle the connection to get it to even recognize until they failed. I will say Lacie does take care of it if you call them.
Katelyn Hoctor
read the product description it states it comes with both usb 3.0 and firewire800 9pin - 9 pin

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy