[RS002] Restricted Sessions Studio 2 - tekki

Home :: What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup. :: [RS002] Restricted Sessions Studio 2 - tekkiReply
[RS002] Restricted Sessions Studio 2 - tekki
Posted on: 02.11.2011 by Random X
Before this MIDI DJing became a part of my live, I just used to carry my BCR around, like it was only my business.

It wasn't until this little beauty of a MIDIfighter was made possible I decided to up my game.

I decided to redo my square meter by building this DIY desk. On which I could place my MacBookPro, Audio4DJ, BCR2000 and MIDIfighter.

While practicing more and more, I started to land some gigs, so I needed a bag in which I could carry my gear.
A little bit of modding offered me a great bag with more than enough room to even add some additional items as well.

At that time I also had the pleasure of finally getting to grips with the S4. This controller was so much more than the blueprint I had seen more than a year earlier on. This was something I had to get eventually:

But that would mean I would have to get rid of this stuff first....

I first decided to upgrade my square meter, IKEA-hacks AWAAAAAAY!!!!

Heyyyyy, isn't this picture familiar?!

(And yes, that is my daughter Riley's first pink laptop in the upper left corner)

This was the eventual result. (picture was taken during my recording of the 2nd Techno/TechHouse Mix train, which was finished first.

While doing a review for a dutch DJ webshop, called tonecontrol.nl, I fell in love with the sound of the Pioneer HDJ-500. So I decided to keep the review copy.

And guess what arrived beginning of this year, with compliments of Ean Golden himself:

(Still paying off on that one. )

With this we also heard two other things, one we were expecting our second daughter, two we had sold the apartment.
This last one meant that I would finally get me some more MIDIspace.

This means that I am back to square one. Just finished building the production desk with the aid of IKEA before we had our second daughter.

When things mellow out I will start building a decent DJ booth. Just be sure to check back when the updates have taken place.

Random X
Originally Posted by Jester
remind you of anything?

Something something c-train?

Originally Posted by D@VE!
Goed bezig!
Dank U!
Nga Mcquarter
Originally Posted by tekki

I am currently setting the BCR and MIDIfighter Spectra up for a live performance project. It's gonna be awesome!
Maaan, I love live performances! hahaha seems very very nice, cool idea! if you are able to do something cool with those beasts, please let us see!
Random X
not only that, it will not blend!

You got that right!
Random X
Originally Posted by LoveBeat
OH MY GOD. The BCR is the Chuck Norris of the controllers, right?

For me it indeed is.

I am currently setting the BCR and MIDIfighter Spectra up for a live performance project. It's gonna be awesome!
Nga Mcquarter
You could pee on it and it would still continue to function. It might smell badly, but it would still continue to function!
Random X
Originally Posted by botstein
BCR and BCF are great controllers! tekki and Tim Exile are both great endorsements!
Thanks, I'm honored you'd call my name in one line with Tim Excile.

And yes both the BCR and BCF are great!
Random X
Hey man, I got a question: how the bcr? I've been watching it and it seems cool, but I believe it's too many knobs and I don't know how much build quality it has... How do you use it?
The BCR is awesome, I got it since 2008 and has not died on me yet. You could pee on it and it would still continue to function. It might smell badly, but it would still continue to function!

It's one of the most diverse controllers I have seen to date. You have the ability to change MIDIsignals, on the controller itself, on the fly, without a need of software.
If you are a sync DJ a soundcard and BCR would suffice.

I use it for transport controls, track selection, loop control, filters 'n' effects, pitchfaders, scrubbing through tracks and tempo bending. Next to this I use a regular 2 or more channels mixer and a MIDIfighter for stopping and starting tracks, beat jumps and finepitching.
Ervin Calvery
Hey man, I got a question: how the bcr? I've been watching it and it seems cool, but I believe it's too many knobs and I don't know how much build quality it has... How do you use it?
BCR and BCF are great controllers! tekki and Tim Exile are both great endorsements!
Nga Mcquarter

The BCR2000 makes it's comeback in Traktor?
Random X
remind you of anything?

Something something c-train?

Originally Posted by D@VE!
Goed bezig!
Dank U!
Felipe Rasper
Goed bezig!
Latoria Kavulich
remind you of anything?

Random X

All goodies are back!!!
Almost everything is back in place, the last thing I need to do, is place both MIDIfighters and the studio is fully stacked.
Random X
Nope, the Axiom came long after I had my Behringer BCR2000, MIDIfighter classic, Traktor Kontrol S4 and MIDIfighter spectra.

At one point I used Live together with Traktor, but I forgot what spinning tunes was all about. Laying down a great vibe, not blast them with boring or unappealing technical stuff.

So I settled with going back to the ways of the old DJs. Just two decks and a mixer... Sometimes, depending on the genre, I use 3 or 4.
Gaylord Lomerson
i see a keyboard on your desk. Did you use it with Traktor? how?
Do you use Ableton live with Traktor (synch them?)
Random X
Hahahah, well... First I need to finish the complete mapping, after that I might be able to post something.
Nga Mcquarter

Maaan, I love live performances! hahaha seems very very nice, cool idea! if you are able to do something cool with those beasts, please let us see!
Random X

You got that right!
Random X

For me it indeed is.

Latoria Kavulich
Nga Mcquarter
You could pee on it and it would still continue to function. It might smell badly, but it would still continue to function!
Random X
Originally Posted by botstein
Thanks, I'm honored you'd call my name in one line with Tim Excile.

And yes both the BCR and BCF are great!
Random X
The BCR is awesome, I got it since 2008 and has not died on me yet. You could pee on it and it would still continue to function. It might smell badly, but it would still continue to function!

It's one of the most diverse controllers I have seen to date. You have the ability to change MIDIsignals, on the controller itself, on the fly, without a need of software.
If you are a sync DJ a soundcard and BCR would suffice.

I use it for transport controls, track selection, loop control, filters 'n' effects, pitchfaders, scrubbing through tracks and tempo bending. Next to this I use a regular 2 or more channels mixer and a MIDIfighter for stopping and starting tracks, beat jumps and finepitching.
Ervin Calvery
Nga Mcquarter

Random X

Random X
Originally Posted by boarderbas
You sir, are a poser!

Showing off your whiskey, but never drinking it. You are a worthless misician!
Hahahaha, no finishing makes for no drinking.
Random X
and the reward for completion has your cans sitting on it.
Hahahaha, you wish!

Oh, waaiiiiiiiiit a minute.... I wish.

But, still not finished, so still no reward!
Evia Nitch
You sir, are a poser!

Showing off your whiskey, but never drinking it. You are a worthless misician!
Latoria Kavulich
and the reward for completion has your cans sitting on it.
Random X

Listening back on the last modifications to the arrangement of the third track of our EP. Let’s hope this meets to our usual high production standard.
If this indeed reaches the desired point, we will only have to look at the final EQ-ing of all three of our tracks.
For now, on with music creation, as the deadline comes ever closer.
Random X
Lovely weather, kicking it back while rehearsing my blues skills in the scales of C7 through an awesome W
Random X
Yeah, first he offered nice money on my BCR, after that he spun one session on my S4, and he was sold!
Sylvia Greener
... who now has bought a Kontrol S4 for himself as well.
Good choice
Random X
It was too much for the desk at the time, and I had lent it to a buddy of mine, who now has bought a Kontrol S4 for himself as well.
Sylvia Greener
THE BCR IS BACK!
Has it been in repair or was it just too much on the desk?
Random X
THE BCR IS BACK! Let's make some beats!

Random X
Small update in the production corner:

Random X
Had plans to redo the attic studio for a long time, and finally came around to it today.
new on the gear list, ProTools shortcut logic keyboard, MIDIfighter Spectra and thanks to Jesse, DJ JesC, Orozco: "Alan and baby Karlos" pop action figure.

Random X
Well, I'm going to redo the studio, so it will have more space for this marvelous piece of kit!

Especially with that new mapping coming up, we have some mash/bash test sesh'es coming up!

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy