My Studio/DJ Setup

My Studio/DJ Setup
Posted on: 08.12.2013 by Erwin Trewyn
Hi guys, I am collecting money to get a good setup. I was believeing of getting these items:

Monitors:
2*KRK RP5 G2SE

Midi Keyboard:
M-audio Axiom 25 ADV

Headphones:
HDJ-500

Audio Interface:
Komplete Audio 6
OR
Scarlett 2i4

Mixer:
Numark mixtrack pro(already have)

The biggest problem is with the audio interface, I don't know which one to pick. The difference that I see between them is that the Audio 6 has all balanced in and outs and a SPDIF(which I believe that I don't need). The Scarlett has both balanced and unbalanced(I believe that I need the unbalanced because if I go to my friends they don't have monitors so I have to plug a set of 2.1 speakers for djing). But when i was looking at some pics I saw that they don't have a place where you can plug inputs. I want the inputs because I would like to use the interface for both producing and djing. As I said I have a Mixtrack pro and the outputs are unbalanced. Is there a way in which I can run the audio from the mixer to the monitors using an audio interface or do I need to get a better mixer with unbalaced?
Erwin Trewyn
Thanks for the info, I believe I will be going for the Komplete Audio 6 since it has more inputs that I might need. The setup that I have in mind is something the this:KOMPLETE_AUDIO_6.jpg The first diagram is the one that I'm aiming for. The most important thing that I want out of the setup is to be able to play music from the mixer while still being able to play some notes from the midi(like playing a piano verse) at the same time. I'm sorry that I confused the Komplete Audio 6 with the Traktor Audio 6. I was also gathering some info about some pioneer CDJ and DJM maybe later I collect for a better setup than my Mixtrack Pro.
Erwin Trewyn
Hi guys, I am collecting money to get a good setup. I was believeing of getting these items:

Monitors:
2*KRK RP5 G2SE

Midi Keyboard:
M-audio Axiom 25 ADV

Headphones:
HDJ-500

Audio Interface:
Komplete Audio 6
OR
Scarlett 2i4

Mixer:
Numark mixtrack pro(already have)

The biggest problem is with the audio interface, I don't know which one to pick. The difference that I see between them is that the Audio 6 has all balanced in and outs and a SPDIF(which I believe that I don't need). The Scarlett has both balanced and unbalanced(I believe that I need the unbalanced because if I go to my friends they don't have monitors so I have to plug a set of 2.1 speakers for djing). But when i was looking at some pics I saw that they don't have a place where you can plug inputs. I want the inputs because I would like to use the interface for both producing and djing. As I said I have a Mixtrack pro and the outputs are unbalanced. Is there a way in which I can run the audio from the mixer to the monitors using an audio interface or do I need to get a better mixer with unbalaced?
Erwin Trewyn
Thanks for the info, I believe I will be going for the Komplete Audio 6 since it has more inputs that I might need. The setup that I have in mind is something the this:KOMPLETE_AUDIO_6.jpg The first diagram is the one that I'm aiming for. The most important thing that I want out of the setup is to be able to play music from the mixer while still being able to play some notes from the midi(like playing a piano verse) at the same time. I'm sorry that I confused the Komplete Audio 6 with the Traktor Audio 6. I was also gathering some info about some pioneer CDJ and DJM maybe later I collect for a better setup than my Mixtrack Pro.
Petra Arra
if you will be seeing yourself using turntables or cdj when you outgrow your mixtrack in the future, get the traktor audio 6. but if you plan to get a certified mixer, then an komplete audio 6 or the scarlett 2i4 is enough.

you can connect the 2.1 speakers to your audio interface with an RCA to 3mm jack. just have the right cables, any interface will do.
Norbert Thysell
There isn't a "Traktor Komplete audio 6". Rather, there is a Traktor Audio 6, which is Traktor Certified and definitely best left solely for DJ purposes in my opinion, and the Komplete Audio 6, which has 2 XLR/quarter inch ins, 2 quarter inch ins, 4 quarter inch outs, an spdif in out, and a headphone jack that is switchable between outputs 1/2 and 3/4. The Komplete Audio 6 also has phantom power which you will need if you plan to use condenser microphones.

I actually have the Komplete Audio 6 and I quite like it for a producer/workstation interface. It has a really nice big knob on the top for the main 1/2 volume which is great for studio work. I've also used it to output 2 stereo channels to a DJM400 and that has worked great too. Keep in mind, the Komplete Audio 6 has a headphone jack as well as normal quarter inch outputs so you can plug monitors in or use a quarter inch adapter and plug into headphone jack/computer speakers for playing at your mates, but the Scarlett has that too.

Hope that helps! ^_^

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy