Gruv2ths Setup

Gruv2ths Setup
Posted on: 23.11.2013 by Latosha Schatzer
This is my setup! For years I have wanted to make a console that was kinda like a club setup.
So I finally did it. I knew that it would be a work in progress, so i am definitely going to make changes in future versions. I want more space in the front and back of the decks, now I only have 2" for either. I also want to add some powered monitors, so need to come up with a funky way to integrate a set.
Another pet peev I have have is with the phono inputs of the DJM-600. I am no scratcher, so I kind of like the layout of the decks the way they are, but to do that the channel selections are anything but intuitive.
Anybody have input on that??

The setup has 2 Technics 1200MKIIs, 2 CDJ850s, the aforementioned DJM-600, Qsc GX3 and a 2 way 18" set of JBLs.

I have to say that I was really inspired to make this by checking out Handbags Setup on this community . If you havent seen it, it is a craftsman's work.

Latosha Schatzer
This is my setup! For years I have wanted to make a console that was kinda like a club setup.
So I finally did it. I knew that it would be a work in progress, so i am definitely going to make changes in future versions. I want more space in the front and back of the decks, now I only have 2" for either. I also want to add some powered monitors, so need to come up with a funky way to integrate a set.
Another pet peev I have have is with the phono inputs of the DJM-600. I am no scratcher, so I kind of like the layout of the decks the way they are, but to do that the channel selections are anything but intuitive.
Anybody have input on that??

The setup has 2 Technics 1200MKIIs, 2 CDJ850s, the aforementioned DJM-600, Qsc GX3 and a 2 way 18" set of JBLs.

I have to say that I was really inspired to make this by checking out Handbags Setup on this community . If you havent seen it, it is a craftsman's work.

Latosha Schatzer
Thanks!
The records are in old milk crates. Same crates i would lug around to house partys in high school. (i'm 39 now) LOL!
The wife is not a hug fan of the crates, so may have to come up with a plan B.
The record collection placement is my favorite part of the setup. I am 6'5", and hated EVERY minute of having them on the flor with the crates truned sideways. Now that my house party days are over, I don't need to move them around anymore and this works well.

This console was really a first try at this, may reconfigure and do mixer with 1200's on either side and pole mounted cdj-850s facing kinda in.

As for speakers, probably going to stash the JBLs in a closet and put in a set of KRK RPG5s.
Too much sound out of the JBL's to be reasionable for a house setup. (at least at my house.. LOL)
Lawana Mileto
Now thats what I call a setup! And those records look ripe for a dig through! What have you actually got the records in?

Got to say the breeze blocks make it, fit in real nice. Agree that scaffolding speaker stands would suit.
Norbert Thysell
ooooooooooh this is tight!
Arielle Goodling
Scaffolding-styled monitor stands? Would fit nicely.

Looking awesome by the way
Valeri Holderness
record collection looks great too
Judi Sissel
The cinderblock make the desk look pretty raw... I like it. Great job!

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy