Dean's Disco Den

Dean's Disco Den
Posted on: 04.01.2014 by Loyd Cilek
So having moved into a four bedroom house, it was only right that I commandeered one of the rooms for myself.

PC set up includes two KRK 5's, a M-Audio Axiom 49, a custom built PC with a brand new 24 inch Packard Bell monitor.

Legs for the PC desk are from Ikea and are extendable. Desk is a Linnmon with a pine shelf supported by Capita legs.

Main set up: 2 x CDJ 2000s with a DJM 800 and a pair of Stagg SMS8P speakers, although one is being repaired at the moment.

Using a Magma laptop stand attached to the table top which is again a Linnmon with another set of Gerton extendable legs.

Alphonso Deitchman
Originally Posted by DeanOakley
programs such as Ableton need a good quality video card
Has Ableton recently started including some complex 3D graphics rendering components?

You don't need a dedicated graphics card to work on audio.

Originally Posted by JonnoI
Ahhh I get you, not say a gaming card just something simple and effective.
If I'm using something like a Audio 8 should I still invest in an inbuilt card?
The onboard Intel/AMD graphics you get on most modern consumer CPUs will be more than adequate for any audio work. You don't need a built-in sound card if you have an Audio 8.
Loyd Cilek
So having moved into a four bedroom house, it was only right that I commandeered one of the rooms for myself.

PC set up includes two KRK 5's, a M-Audio Axiom 49, a custom built PC with a brand new 24 inch Packard Bell monitor.

Legs for the PC desk are from Ikea and are extendable. Desk is a Linnmon with a pine shelf supported by Capita legs.

Main set up: 2 x CDJ 2000s with a DJM 800 and a pair of Stagg SMS8P speakers, although one is being repaired at the moment.

Using a Magma laptop stand attached to the table top which is again a Linnmon with another set of Gerton extendable legs.

Delilah Laurin
Definitely don't skip on the video card, programs such as Ableton need a good quality video card. Get as much RAM as you can too.

I've got a built in audio card but will be getting an external one too.
Ahhh I get you, not say a gaming card just something simple and effective.
If I'm using something like a Audio 8 should I still invest in an inbuilt card?
Loyd Cilek
Definitely don't skip on the video card, programs such as Ableton need a good quality video card. Get as much RAM as you can too.

I've got a built in audio card but will be getting an external one too.
Delilah Laurin
Not at all, far cheaper than buying a built PC and you don't get it crammed full of loads of bloatware.
Ahh sweet, any tips for building one? Can you skip on things like video cards? And do you have to build in a audio card or use and external piece?
Loyd Cilek
Not at all, far cheaper than buying a built PC and you don't get it crammed full of loads of bloatware.
Delilah Laurin
Oh sweet, I'm gonna try build my own just for production purposes. Was it a pretty expensive buy?
Loyd Cilek
Glad you like it It really is so nice to have my own space now.

PC is running Windows 8 with Intel Core i3-4130 @ 3.40 GHz, 8gb RAM. Runs like a dream and I would definitely recommend building your own.
Delilah Laurin
Very nice, what type of PC are you running? I was believeing of building one so my MBP doesn't freak out when I start doing more complex songs.
Is it worth it?
Random X
Missing the disco, but still liking the set up.

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy