VCI-400 info,

VCI-400 info,
Posted on: 06.06.2013 by Elia Grigas
To all,

Please help me out.
Can turntables be connected to the (VCI-400) Like the Traktor S4.

Please let me know if you can.

Also whats a better chioce the VCI-400 or Traktor S4 ??

V/R
Thanks
Elia Grigas
To all,

Please help me out.
Can turntables be connected to the (VCI-400) Like the Traktor S4.

Please let me know if you can.

Also whats a better chioce the VCI-400 or Traktor S4 ??

V/R
Thanks
Stanley Peckman
Never used a VCi 400 so cant say what is a better choice and to be honest opinions on that are so subjective and you'd never get real answer.....

However what I do know is;
VCI 400 only has line inputs and no phono inputs it will work with CDJ's but you'd need a Traktor Audio interface as well to hook up decks.

OK the S4 has phonos and takes Technics straight in but it does have limitations. I found the S4 pretty clunky to use with DVS, it seemed to have been designed in as an after thought and never worked well, particularly if you wanted to transfer between internal and external mixing (can happen, particularly when you play a mixture of dvs and real vinyl which I do). Also had major issues with timecode signal coming through channel D which meant reloading the software to cure.

Basically what I'm saying is the S4 was a good Traktor controller but a crap mixer for timecode or real vinyl - my opinion only, someone may jump to the S4's defence as a mixer (doubt it though). I'd have another one if it was refreshed with proper time code integration, booth out, separate mic channel etc - basically all the things it should have had to start with. I find whilst its not the way I like to be set up for a decent size gig, controllers really do have a place for smaller sets and the mobility of the units is absolutely superb. I can see a time coming when controllers have enough in built quality that you'd be mad not to have one.

We're just not quite there, but almost.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy