reloop digital jockey 2 help .... something really weird

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: reloop digital jockey 2 help .... something really weirdReply
reloop digital jockey 2 help .... something really weird
Posted on: 09.06.2013 by Loralee Erban
I have owned this controller for a few months now and noticed something really strange today.

when I press: hi kill, low kill and "in set cue" (which I have mapped as filter on off) in traktor it reads actually jumps to cue 1 on deck A and cue 2 on deck b as well as doing the actual features it is mapped as.

The strange thing is I thought it may have been the mapping as I borrow a mapping and modified it to suit, but I couldn't find anything.

I then downloaded a program called midiox which lets you see midi signals and notes and this showed me that it is actually the controller as not Traktor.... this is a very strang glitch/bug to find and to most people it would make a difference but I only noticed it when I cut the low and high freq's and the filter and wanted to drop them back in without jumping to the start of the song again.... (or cue 2 in deck b's case)

The buttons it mimics are "activate 1" on deck a for effects and "activate 2" on deck b which I use as 4 different cue points.

Does anyone have the same issue or know a way to fix it,
Thanks in advance,
Steven (Mr stifffy)
Loralee Erban
I have owned this controller for a few months now and noticed something really strange today.

when I press: hi kill, low kill and "in set cue" (which I have mapped as filter on off) in traktor it reads actually jumps to cue 1 on deck A and cue 2 on deck b as well as doing the actual features it is mapped as.

The strange thing is I thought it may have been the mapping as I borrow a mapping and modified it to suit, but I couldn't find anything.

I then downloaded a program called midiox which lets you see midi signals and notes and this showed me that it is actually the controller as not Traktor.... this is a very strang glitch/bug to find and to most people it would make a difference but I only noticed it when I cut the low and high freq's and the filter and wanted to drop them back in without jumping to the start of the song again.... (or cue 2 in deck b's case)

The buttons it mimics are "activate 1" on deck a for effects and "activate 2" on deck b which I use as 4 different cue points.

Does anyone have the same issue or know a way to fix it,
Thanks in advance,
Steven (Mr stifffy)
Loralee Erban
No problem, thanks anyways ... I noticed with a few of the effects knobs when pressing three at once they trigger another note also... so I know now not to press more then two buttons/knobs at once .... or even map it to something unique.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
I can't seem to find my old jockey 2, so I don't believe I can help with the firmware sorry mate.
Loralee Erban
I don't have the controller on me at the moment but what happens is it triggers the same note that the cue points are mapped to.
In midi ox when I used any combination of the high kill, low kill and "filter toggle" it also showed a 4th signal being sent, almost like a "midi fighter combo".

How do you downgrade the firmware, I have scoured reloop for ages and it says your lights should flash while upgrading or downgrading, but nothing happens for me and when I open the "disk manager" I don't see any firmware once I switch the controller off and back on.

Thanks for the help!
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
try downgrading it and see if that fixes it, like I said there is lots of different versions on their community .. Also it would help if you posted the info from midi-ox. Using that you will be able to tell if the kills are causing the cues to fire, then change the firmware and see if they still send the same messages. If that is the case you can probably put it down to the hardware being the issue. Your options from there are either take it to an electronic repairman or replace it/upgrade it.
Loralee Erban
Thanks, I tried to upgrade the latest firmware and nothing happens which leads me to believe its upto date
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
try to upgrade the firmware from here. There is also different firmware options on their community

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy