American Audio Radius 1000 MIDI Map Explanation

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: American Audio Radius 1000 MIDI Map ExplanationReply
American Audio Radius 1000 MIDI Map Explanation
Posted on: 29.05.2012 by Chrissy Kynard
Hello all.

After much deliberation, I'm finally taking time to expand the mapping on my American Audio Radius 1000's (thank god for summer). Anyway, I'm looking through the manual that explains the MIDI mapping for the buttons and I'm confused as hell. It seems like it has no bearing on the mapping system TSP 2 uses now. I've been doing simple mapping additions periodically, via learn function, but now I'm trying to do LED mapping and (of course) learn is useless.

If anybody can help explain what the hell the map in the back of the included PDF means (Page 35 - 37), I'll be extremely grateful; would be much easier to understand the MIDI meanings rather than go through trial and error.

http://www.americanaudio.us/pdffiles...-march2010.pdf
Samatha Bohin
Originally Posted by dj gullum
I've made a new image with all midi code

I had to make the zip the PDF
I was just wondering if you ever managed to get the jog wheel led's working at all?

Many thanks
Ashanti Andreacchio
Originally Posted by dazzler22

But if anyone can help with the hotcue LED's that would be great

Cheers
Dazzler
The hotcue you need to mapp the leds and set MIN to -1 Max to anything between 0 and 5 but you need to enable Blend

and I don't thing the jog led is mappable
Ashanti Andreacchio
this is the numbers from the manual translated into midi notes I have 2 Radius 3000 but the buttons send same midi message
Screen Shot 2012-06-06 at 12.48.28 AM.jpg
Hope this is helpfull I'm also going crazy mapping now much easier to map with 2.5 no more guessimng what not leds are
Natasha Reddaway
"Holy Post Necro Batman!"

never did get the LED's to spin when playing a track, even asked american audio for help although there answer was to upgrade to a radios 3000 (even though you cant seem to do it on them either!)

if I ever get it to work will post here!

Cheers
Dazzler
Samatha Bohin
Originally Posted by dj gullum

I was just wondering if you ever managed to get the jog wheel led's working at all?

Many thanks
Natasha Reddaway
you sir are awesome

This will be very helpful to a lot of people.

+1 Good work!

Cheers
Dazzler
Ashanti Andreacchio

Natasha Reddaway
That is awesome! Thanks!

Cheers
Dazzler
Ashanti Andreacchio
Hope this is better

I made it originaly as an pdf too
Natasha Reddaway
ah nice, any chance you have that picture in a higher res? unfortunately that is a little small for me to read....

looks like it could be very usefull for other members.

Cheers
Darren
Ashanti Andreacchio

Cheers
Dazzler
The hotcue you need to mapp the leds and set MIN to -1 Max to anything between 0 and 5 but you need to enable Blend

and I don't thing the jog led is mappable
Ashanti Andreacchio
this is the numbers from the manual translated into midi notes I have 2 Radius 3000 but the buttons send same midi message
Screen Shot 2012-06-06 at 12.48.28 AM.jpg
Hope this is helpfull I'm also going crazy mapping now much easier to map with 2.5 no more guessimng what not leds are
Natasha Reddaway
I have just realised that there are 2 colours of LED on the hotcue buttons, so looking in the manual i can see the midi assignments for them but im not sure how to translate it....

E.g. Blue LED on hotcue 1 is "3C" but what note would this translate to? if anyone has a ref table that would be great!

Cheers
Daz
Natasha Reddaway
Awesome! Cheers Dude
Chrissy Kynard
Here you go man:

http://i.imgur.com/lYFyR.png

Gotta set the controller range from -1 to 5 since there is more than 1 hotcue button that the LED output gets assigned to (i.e. -1 = hotcue 1, 0 = hotcue 2 led, etc. or something like that).
Natasha Reddaway
sweeeeeet cheers for that!

Daz
Chrissy Kynard
I will show a screenshot of the hotcue mapping when I return from work in about 4 hours
Natasha Reddaway
Ok so I have had 2.5 installed for a few days now, all good so far (loving the remix decks... need more buttons on me radius!)

I have got some of the LED's mapped out (a lot easier too!) only couple im stuck with is having a hotcue LED lit when a hotcue is set (and off when there isnt one assigned)

and the other is the jog wheel rotating with the track... Im still not sure if this can be done..

Cheers
Dazzler
Natasha Reddaway
coolio, im going to download and upgrade toevening when i get home providing I have the time... dam this working for the man!

Cheers
Dazzler
Chrissy Kynard
No problem mate; I'm entirely sure you can make the LED spin but I would assume there would be a way to do it. Probably would be pretty damn complicated and require multiple uses of output blends and what not.

The bottom of the link I included gives details on how to make it flash with the beat of the music, akin to one of the LED settings when spinning on CDs.

Yeah, I just upgraded to 2.5 so I'll check out the LED learn tomorrow and see if that speeds up the process.
Natasha Reddaway
Yes my jog lights when I touch it. I would like it to go round like it does when you play a cd. Im not sure u can map it to do that though.....

And cheers for the link. Deff need to get into this mapping lark!

Cheers
Dazzler
Chrissy Kynard
mmm and I just found your post Toastmaster on the NI community s, between us im sure we can get it going!

I would love to get the jog wheel LED mapped but as far as i can tell there is no mapping for it, which is a real shame.....

Cheers
Dazzler
Original TSI file from the manufacturer has the jog wheel LEDs mapped so that touch causes full light up. Usually LEDs are mapped to the same note/cc, so you can use learn to find what the function's (i.e. jog touch) note is and then make an output that is mapped to that same note.

More info here: http://www.djranking s.com/2010/05/3...ds-in-traktor/

The problem is is that some of the LEDs are independent of a knob or function and are their own note, so that is what I'm trying to solve with finding the mapping for the Radius.
Natasha Reddaway
mmm and I just found your post Toastmaster on the NI community s, between us im sure we can get it going!

I would love to get the jog wheel LED mapped but as far as i can tell there is no mapping for it, which is a real shame.....

Cheers
Dazzler
Natasha Reddaway
oooh sounds like I better get on and do the update then

in the mean time im trying to find a good online tutorial in midi mapping... im sure there must be one somewhere! also there must be a more technical midi map layout for the radius 1000...

Cheers
Dazzler
Era Roka
in 2.5 led mapping can be used with learn
Natasha Reddaway
Originally Posted by Toastmaster
Hello all.

After much deliberation, I'm finally taking time to expand the mapping on my American Audio Radius 1000's (thank god for summer). Anyway, I'm looking through the manual that explains the MIDI mapping for the buttons and I'm confused as hell. It seems like it has no bearing on the mapping system TSP 2 uses now. I've been doing simple mapping additions periodically, via learn function, but now I'm trying to do LED mapping and (of course) learn is useless.

If anybody can help explain what the hell the map in the back of the included PDF means (Page 35 - 37), I'll be extremely grateful; would be much easier to understand the MIDI meanings rather than go through trial and error.

http://www.americanaudio.us/pdffiles...-march2010.pdf
Ah someone in the same boat!

I have got a nice map for both of my radius 1000's for use in Traktor Pro 2 (soon to be 2.5 soon as i get round to updating it!) Have attached the map, if that helps.

Now im trying to get the LED's mapped.. I do love these things in midi mode... just want them to look pretty now

Hopefully someone that has been here before will come and post!

Cheers
Dazzler

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy