My setup so far

My setup so far
Posted on: 03.07.2012 by Bennie Homel
Hey guys
thought I'd share my setup with everyone and see what you believe. I'm not really sure what the best layout for everything would be. I use the two midifighters with the deckalized mapping, the F1 for remix decks obviously (C/D), and the launchpad as whatever I feel like using it for that day (usually either as a mixer since the denon doesnt have buttons for kills or for ableton clips). the keyboard is an axiom 25 thats hooked up to a moog sustain pedal and sometimes my iphone with iRig MIDI. As you can see my speakers are complete shite but they have done the job quite well so far. The 26" led vizio is good. The MBP 13" is nothing special... same one everyone else has.

I'm going to upgrade the mbp with 2x4gb sticks of ram and a SSD soon since those have gone down in price significantly. I'm still undecided on which speakers to get. Not sure whether to pick up monitors or just PA's since I can't do much room treatment here. I'm not made of gold either haha.

open to all criticism and suggestions on how I can improve my setup especially maybe some creative ideas for how I should map the launchpad for traktor.

...also the desk is pretty low. just below my waist and im 6'. I got it for free tho from a friend. and its cherry wood. I might build a stand to go on top but that'll be a while.

photo.jpgphoto(1).jpg
Sharmaine Pellino
Originally Posted by Saurus
buttons
for
days
true that
Terra Merigold
Originally Posted by michael133
if i were you id bring the mc6000 forward so its easier to get to and place the f1 to the side and a MF on each side and the launchpad under the MBP and if possible setup the screen as an external monitor
Agree with all of this. I would put f1 on one side + mf's on other side. External monitor would be very helpful for production.
Bennie Homel
Hey guys
thought I'd share my setup with everyone and see what you believe. I'm not really sure what the best layout for everything would be. I use the two midifighters with the deckalized mapping, the F1 for remix decks obviously (C/D), and the launchpad as whatever I feel like using it for that day (usually either as a mixer since the denon doesnt have buttons for kills or for ableton clips). the keyboard is an axiom 25 thats hooked up to a moog sustain pedal and sometimes my iphone with iRig MIDI. As you can see my speakers are complete shite but they have done the job quite well so far. The 26" led vizio is good. The MBP 13" is nothing special... same one everyone else has.

I'm going to upgrade the mbp with 2x4gb sticks of ram and a SSD soon since those have gone down in price significantly. I'm still undecided on which speakers to get. Not sure whether to pick up monitors or just PA's since I can't do much room treatment here. I'm not made of gold either haha.

open to all criticism and suggestions on how I can improve my setup especially maybe some creative ideas for how I should map the launchpad for traktor.

...also the desk is pretty low. just below my waist and im 6'. I got it for free tho from a friend. and its cherry wood. I might build a stand to go on top but that'll be a while.

photo.jpgphoto(1).jpg
Sharmaine Pellino
Originally Posted by Saurus
buttons
for
days
true that
Terra Merigold
Originally Posted by michael133
if i were you id bring the mc6000 forward so its easier to get to and place the f1 to the side and a MF on each side and the launchpad under the MBP and if possible setup the screen as an external monitor
Agree with all of this. I would put f1 on one side + mf's on other side. External monitor would be very helpful for production.
Eloy Kiepke
buttons
for
days
Katelyn Hoctor

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy