FILTHZ Simple & Effective Setup

FILTHZ Simple & Effective Setup
Posted on: 26.07.2012 by Tobi Rabuse
I started off with a Midi Fighter Classic, which I recently just traded for a M-AUDIO Trigger Finger to someone from the DJTT Community. I was using the Midi Fighter with my Desktop PC running a pirated copy of Traktor Pro.

When I received the Trigger Finger, I purchased a copy of Traktor Pro (and felt better about myself).

Just today I trade the Desktop PC for an S2 which was worth it in my opinion since I got a MacBook Pro just before I got the Trigger Finger.

IMG_0023.jpg

Sorry about the Low Quality of the photo...

Stay posted.
Tobi Rabuse
Originally Posted by zomgdav3
Clean and Simple, looks great.
Cheers mate. Just got a full-time job as well, so now I am keen to start saving up for some CDJ's.
Tobi Rabuse
Originally Posted by DJ Descendent
Do you use the cat to sample in some sound? haha lol
Yeah, I'm planning on taking Barbara (yes, my cat's name is Barbara...) to some club gigs to use her Meows as DJ Drops... :P
Tobi Rabuse
Originally Posted by MWagner
I'd tell you to put an instant grat mapping on it, but given that you had a midifighter and didn't really use it that probably wouldn't be much use for you. Do you do your own mapping? Something to better control all four effects is always useful.
Yes, I am currently doing my own mapping and learning all of Traktor's little secrets. I believe I will most likely use a couple of the knobs for controlling multiple FX Parameters at the same time (similar to the DJTT S2 Jog FX) and keep believeing of other ideas.

Originally Posted by Emery
lol bet you wish you had the mf back huh
No, why would you say that? The Trigger Finger is more durable, has velocity sensitive pads, 16 banks, 8 knobs and 4 faders... That's just my opinion of why I believe the Trigger Finger is better.
Werner Bile
Originally Posted by FILTHZ
Well originally, when I didn't have the S2, I was using it for 4 Cue Points on each deck (bottom 8 buttons), Play/Pausing Tracks, Syncing and FX, etc. Now since I have the S2, I have been trying to come up with a new mapping. At the moment I am using it for practicing with sets in Ableton.
I'd tell you to put an instant grat mapping on it, but given that you had a midifighter and didn't really use it that probably wouldn't be much use for you. Do you do your own mapping? Something to better control all four effects is always useful.
Tobi Rabuse
Originally Posted by CionniAsDj
Nice setup mate, what are you using the trigger finger for?
Well originally, when I didn't have the S2, I was using it for 4 Cue Points on each deck (bottom 8 buttons), Play/Pausing Tracks, Syncing and FX, etc. Now since I have the S2, I have been trying to come up with a new mapping. At the moment I am using it for practicing with sets in Ableton.
Tobi Rabuse
Originally Posted by zomgdav3
Cheers mate. Just got a full-time job as well, so now I am keen to start saving up for some CDJ's.
Leisha Thirkield
Tobi Rabuse
Originally Posted by DJ Descendent
Yeah, I'm planning on taking Barbara (yes, my cat's name is Barbara...) to some club gigs to use her Meows as DJ Drops... :P
Alene Kalush
Tobi Rabuse
I just believe that the Acrylic that is used on the MF is pretty flimsy, and also there is no rubber mats or anything on the bottom of the MF to stop it from scuffing or slipping, and also the PCB is not protected (unless you buy the case of course). Just my opinion, as I previously said.
Geri Jarra
Because it sounds like you used it for what youre using the S2 for now, and will probably map it like a MF anyway, but never mind.

and how is a trigger finger more durable than a MF?
Tobi Rabuse
Originally Posted by MWagner
Yes, I am currently doing my own mapping and learning all of Traktor's little secrets. I believe I will most likely use a couple of the knobs for controlling multiple FX Parameters at the same time (similar to the DJTT S2 Jog FX) and keep believeing of other ideas.

Originally Posted by Emery
No, why would you say that? The Trigger Finger is more durable, has velocity sensitive pads, 16 banks, 8 knobs and 4 faders... That's just my opinion of why I believe the Trigger Finger is better.
Geri Jarra
Werner Bile
Originally Posted by FILTHZ
Tobi Rabuse
Originally Posted by CionniAsDj
Somer Vanstraten
Werner Bile
Nice clean setup, I like it.
Lillia Datson
Where can i get a MIDI Kitty?
Tobi Rabuse
The Midi Fighter was fun to play around with, but it really just didn't have the functionality for me to really get into DJing.
Amberly Maimon
u traded the midi fighter for a trigger finger? now i am confused... why?
Tobi Rabuse
Originally Posted by karma
Nice trigger finger
Haha, how is the Midi Fighter going? You kept the Trigger Finger in good condition man. It's excellent.
Jona Slon
Nice trigger finger
Emely Metz
nice table & also beautiful cat
Stefania Herb
nice n clean n simples !
Tobi Rabuse
Haha, she's not as hard to please as you might believe...
Latoria Kavulich
Nice I see you have a fan already.

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy