m00n's setup 2011+

m00n's setup 2011+
Posted on: 29.06.2012 by Loreta Altema
Well i've switched and swapped a lot more then i should have.

This is when the digital audio bug really really hit me...

early 2011'ish?

Pictured-
X1 (first controller i ever bought)
APC40 (second controller ever)
Livid Code
MPD32
cheap 2channel numark mixer

About two months after that I got an S4, and sold it after a couple months..

Bought a DDM4K and a NDX800, then sold them to a friend to upgrade to....

Got some CDJ1K MK3's and a 2 channel mixer and an SL3 box.. Just wasn't for me.

So i sold the CDJ's and SL3, and bought my dream mixer, along with a Livid CNTRLR. Also came across a killer deal on a CDJ1k MK2 so i picked it up also..

Thats pretty much where i'm still at now.. I'm missing a few little things here and there but o well, gives you a jist of my madness..
Doing a gig this weekend on a houseboat, this will be the setup i'm using, + 2 CDJ's. (one mine one is a friends DNS3600?)
Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes
Look. you can clearly see it's an S4. It says TRAKTOR across the front of it. I'm referring to the second picture the OP posted.
at work, must be hiding a pic upload
Noriko Lebowitz
Originally Posted by NoizeuNit
I believe that's a LIVID CNTLR

EDIT: yup http://lividinstruments.com/hardware_cntrlr.php

EDIT: plus he does say what it is in his OP

Look. you can clearly see it's an S4. It says TRAKTOR across the front of it. I'm referring to the second picture the OP posted.
Kasandra Kreindler
2nd Picture

Noriko Lebowitz
i see no S4 here
Kasandra Kreindler
i see no S4 here
Loreta Altema
Originally Posted by Janky
Im liking it. I have the S4 myself, and sometimes I wonder if going the CDJ route would be more fun.Starting off on turntables really spoiled me as far as tactile feel. Im digging the DB4 with the iPad though. Im believeing of trying out the whole virtual mixing thing someday.
Yeah I liked the CDJ setup, but that is the point where I realized I'm a digital type guy. Sure I can manual beatmatch and it was nice to do it how I see all the DJ's do it in the clubs, but i'm no fucking club DJ, and honestly don't ever plan on be. I do house parties and lake parties at the most and really don't need to lug 2 heavy ass CDJ's + a mixer around with me. It made me give much more respect to people who bang out killer sets with nothing but CDJ's and a mixer though..

Originally Posted by neilmcm
Cool setup I have the Db4 as well and I am looking at using my ipad as well what mapping are u using for abelton.
I am using the Lemur app by Liine. The specific template im running is Mu, which requires M4L but is nothing short of amazing. You can literally DJ an entire set from this template. I love it for the fact that it color codes my clips just like they are on screen and grey out clips i have already played.. So after a while of drinking and smoking im not playing "too much booty in da panttttsssss" every 5 minutes, lol...

Liine Lemur site:
http://liine.net/en/products/lemur/

Mu Template:
http://liine.net/en/products/lemur/premium/mu/
Loreta Altema
Well i've switched and swapped a lot more then i should have.

This is when the digital audio bug really really hit me...

early 2011'ish?

Pictured-
X1 (first controller i ever bought)
APC40 (second controller ever)
Livid Code
MPD32
cheap 2channel numark mixer

About two months after that I got an S4, and sold it after a couple months..

Bought a DDM4K and a NDX800, then sold them to a friend to upgrade to....

Got some CDJ1K MK3's and a 2 channel mixer and an SL3 box.. Just wasn't for me.

So i sold the CDJ's and SL3, and bought my dream mixer, along with a Livid CNTRLR. Also came across a killer deal on a CDJ1k MK2 so i picked it up also..

Thats pretty much where i'm still at now.. I'm missing a few little things here and there but o well, gives you a jist of my madness..
Doing a gig this weekend on a houseboat, this will be the setup i'm using, + 2 CDJ's. (one mine one is a friends DNS3600?)
Loreta Altema
In your opinion it is, but then again I like options.. I'm not trying to impress anyone, I do this for fun. And I'm assuming you have never used either, because as much as I love the DB4 effects, they are about as painful to use as a pulling teeth, just not the most user friendly setup for FX, IMO.. So i usually stick with the DB4's filters, reverbs, delays, and the RMX does just what the videos show.. Press button, turn knob to either build up or breakdown..

You say its overkill, I believe its perfect.

and yes that was an S4, taken with an iphone.
Kasandra Kreindler
at work, must be hiding a pic upload
Marisha Spinazzola
why do you need RMX-1000 if you got db4 :P ? its just overkill man
Noriko Lebowitz

Kasandra Kreindler
2nd Picture

Noriko Lebowitz
i see no S4 here
Kasandra Kreindler
i see no S4 here
Noriko Lebowitz
What kind of calculator did you take that S4 picture with?
Erich Vallabhaneni
wow man thats an amazing setup
Loreta Altema
Been using this setup for awhile now..

but just recently got an RMX-1000 so new setup looks like....

Still using ableton, not really using lemur as much now.. I tend to stick to the DB4, X1, Launchpad and just recently added an RMX-1000 to the setup.. I'm really digging my new setup. I plan on selling a few of my old things to start saving for a pair of cdj-850's.. Also used the ideas given by Xonetacular and the other to build my desk from Ikea stuff.. I reccomend EVERYONE do this if there is an Ikea anywhere near you. Great quality for a amazing price! (and it just looks sexy also..
Loreta Altema
Originally Posted by Janky
Im liking it. I have the S4 myself, and sometimes I wonder if going the CDJ route would be more fun.Starting off on turntables really spoiled me as far as tactile feel. Im digging the DB4 with the iPad though. Im believeing of trying out the whole virtual mixing thing someday.
Yeah I liked the CDJ setup, but that is the point where I realized I'm a digital type guy. Sure I can manual beatmatch and it was nice to do it how I see all the DJ's do it in the clubs, but i'm no fucking club DJ, and honestly don't ever plan on be. I do house parties and lake parties at the most and really don't need to lug 2 heavy ass CDJ's + a mixer around with me. It made me give much more respect to people who bang out killer sets with nothing but CDJ's and a mixer though..

Originally Posted by neilmcm
Cool setup I have the Db4 as well and I am looking at using my ipad as well what mapping are u using for abelton.
I am using the Lemur app by Liine. The specific template im running is Mu, which requires M4L but is nothing short of amazing. You can literally DJ an entire set from this template. I love it for the fact that it color codes my clips just like they are on screen and grey out clips i have already played.. So after a while of drinking and smoking im not playing "too much booty in da panttttsssss" every 5 minutes, lol...

Liine Lemur site:
http://liine.net/en/products/lemur/

Mu Template:
http://liine.net/en/products/lemur/premium/mu/
Lynetta Stanislav
Emerson Crist

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy