MattBlaze's DJ and Beat making setup

Home :: What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup. :: MattBlaze's DJ and Beat making setupReply
MattBlaze's DJ and Beat making setup
Posted on: 05.08.2012 by Roseanna Signorini
A few pics I snapped of both areas, kinda just stuck the mixtrack in there for kicks, I usually don't set it up, I just have it as a back up but it does make it easier to scratch than having to switch decks using the NDX 800.....

DJ Area:

Xone DX
Behringer DDM 4000
Dell All-In-One Inspiron One 2305
Traktor Pro 2.1.2
Korg Nano Pad 2
Numark Mixtrack
Numark NDX 800
GLI Pro PVX 5000 Amp
Peavey PV 115 Speakers
Back up Toshiba Laptop
back up NI Audio 6 (not shown)
back up Numark Omni Controller (not shown)

Beats Area:

Maschine
E-MU X-Board 61
Fostex 280 Multitracker
HP Pavilion desktop upgraded from Vista to Win 7
Apple G5 Power MAC running OS 10.5.8
Final Cut Pro 2
Sony SMS-1P monitors

DSC00030.jpgDSC00036.jpgDSC00037.jpgDSC00038.jpgDSC00039.jpgDSC00040.jpgDSC00042.jpgDSC00045.jpgDSC00046.jpgDSC00049.jpg
Roseanna Signorini
Originally Posted by Otacon
just realized that you're using peavey speakers, +1!!
yep the ole Peavey PV-115, $200 a piece, can't go wrong....
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by WastedYouth
Looks fucking clean,

but! Need some colours, this is making me sad (all the grey shit
I'm disagree! (I'm super colourblind).
Roseanna Signorini
Originally Posted by MyUsername
Are you Matt Allen B on fb ?

If not, nevermind.

Actually just wanted to say that Xone DX is sexaaaay. The functions (give or take) of an S4 with delicious A&H looks. Hmmm

But why do you have so much DJ gear that does the same thing ? Is it actually from a buddy of yours or something ?
I mean that mixtrack is obsolete right ? Why don't you sell it and get another CDJ ?
the mixtrack is just a back up that I stuck in there, its not usually set up, the NDX 800 I bought just for a cd back up in case something ever went down or someone gives me a cd to play. I love the DX, works better with Traktor than Itch IMO. I use Traktor in external mode, so I used the DX for midi and for the sound card to route each deck to a channel on the DDM 4000 and I also use the the sample section of the DDM4000 in midi mode to control the sample decks in Traktor and use the Crossfader section of the DDM4000 in midi to control loops.
Roseanna Signorini
A few pics I snapped of both areas, kinda just stuck the mixtrack in there for kicks, I usually don't set it up, I just have it as a back up but it does make it easier to scratch than having to switch decks using the NDX 800.....

DJ Area:

Xone DX
Behringer DDM 4000
Dell All-In-One Inspiron One 2305
Traktor Pro 2.1.2
Korg Nano Pad 2
Numark Mixtrack
Numark NDX 800
GLI Pro PVX 5000 Amp
Peavey PV 115 Speakers
Back up Toshiba Laptop
back up NI Audio 6 (not shown)
back up Numark Omni Controller (not shown)

Beats Area:

Maschine
E-MU X-Board 61
Fostex 280 Multitracker
HP Pavilion desktop upgraded from Vista to Win 7
Apple G5 Power MAC running OS 10.5.8
Final Cut Pro 2
Sony SMS-1P monitors

DSC00030.jpgDSC00036.jpgDSC00037.jpgDSC00038.jpgDSC00039.jpgDSC00040.jpgDSC00042.jpgDSC00045.jpgDSC00046.jpgDSC00049.jpg
Roseanna Signorini
Originally Posted by Otacon
yep the ole Peavey PV-115, $200 a piece, can't go wrong....
Erich Vallabhaneni
Roseanna Signorini
The mixtrack isn't bad for a beginner, the default mapping is a little weird for effects because of the enc knobs and there isn't enough effects buttons. The jogs aren't bad and the fact they are touch sensitive is a plus considering the DX jogs are just good for cueing and are not touch sensitive. I have the NDX 800 in midi mode most of the time and can use the toggle switch on top for deck control and if I feel the need to scratch I can. There is no place else for me to put it, the placement isn't the best, would like it a little closer but its OK for the few times I feel like scratching. I also have to take the DDM 4000 out of midi mode to enable the crossfader so there are some steps involved. Plus coming from turntables, still not used to scratching on a non moving platter. 12s or ST150s may be in the near future...
Werner Bile
I've got an old mixtrack just sitting around too, but I recently hooked it up just to use the jog wheels for effects (I use a Twitch so I have no jogs).
Erich Vallabhaneni
sweet setup man!
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by WastedYouth
Looks fucking clean,

I'm disagree! (I'm super colourblind).
Tomas Guerreo
nice..
Roseanna Signorini
Originally Posted by MyUsername

If not, nevermind.

Actually just wanted to say that Xone DX is sexaaaay. The functions (give or take) of an S4 with delicious A&H looks. Hmmm

But why do you have so much DJ gear that does the same thing ? Is it actually from a buddy of yours or something ?
I mean that mixtrack is obsolete right ? Why don't you sell it and get another CDJ ?
the mixtrack is just a back up that I stuck in there, its not usually set up, the NDX 800 I bought just for a cd back up in case something ever went down or someone gives me a cd to play. I love the DX, works better with Traktor than Itch IMO. I use Traktor in external mode, so I used the DX for midi and for the sound card to route each deck to a channel on the DDM 4000 and I also use the the sample section of the DDM4000 in midi mode to control the sample decks in Traktor and use the Crossfader section of the DDM4000 in midi to control loops.
Nereida Jasnoch

If not, nevermind.

Sharmaine Pellino
Looks fucking clean,

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy