PeteWoods setup

PeteWoods setup
Posted on: 11.03.2012 by Birgit Gondal
Alrighty there? This is my setup thread, a few days before a big purchase and then another one on the horizon for my birthday, so I wanna sort of chart my progress with my setup in this thread.

I started on a Novation Nocturn, which i used for transport, eq, mixing and effects.
I then bought an Audio 4.
Then i made the ridiculously bad purchase of the Numark M3, which is an incredibly bad mixer.
Then I added 1210s, and completed my setup.
I got a Korg Kaossilator at Christmas time, but I decided it wasnt for me.

Both the Nocturn and Kaossilator are for sale on the Buy & Sell community at the moment to fund an X1! RIGHT HERE

IMG_0006[1].jpg

Finally got the monitors I've so badly needed for so long! excellent for my newly found love of production as well! Need to get some stands for the monitors, and getting a keyboard soon for producing off a friend of mine who bought it then never used it. Next on the hit list is a new mixer, and a small soundcard to record into my mothers laptop as i cant seem too make Ableton work with my laptop soundcard while i use my audio 4, anyone have any advice on a good really cheap card? doesnt have to be very high quality, its just to record sets for podcasts!

Birgit Gondal
Originally Posted by Otacon
love the setup man!
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by Jaydon34
Throw an innofader pro in that will at least hold you over if you scratch until you can spend big bucks on a good mixer.
nah man i dont scratch, though the faders are mangled, the crossfader doesnt work, the master volume has this god awful scratchy noise anytime i try and turn it up or down, the EQ's are about the only thing that still works on it! believe i may need to replace it some time soon i'm just not sure where the funds are coming from! haha
Tanner Adis
Originally Posted by PeteWoods
I know its horrific I hate it. I need something A&H or Ecler to stick in there, been eyeing up a 62 for months now but I just dont have the cash to pull the trigger
Throw an innofader pro in that will at least hold you over if you scratch until you can spend big bucks on a good mixer.
Birgit Gondal
Alrighty there? This is my setup thread, a few days before a big purchase and then another one on the horizon for my birthday, so I wanna sort of chart my progress with my setup in this thread.

I started on a Novation Nocturn, which i used for transport, eq, mixing and effects.
I then bought an Audio 4.
Then i made the ridiculously bad purchase of the Numark M3, which is an incredibly bad mixer.
Then I added 1210s, and completed my setup.
I got a Korg Kaossilator at Christmas time, but I decided it wasnt for me.

Both the Nocturn and Kaossilator are for sale on the Buy & Sell community at the moment to fund an X1! RIGHT HERE

IMG_0006[1].jpg

Finally got the monitors I've so badly needed for so long! excellent for my newly found love of production as well! Need to get some stands for the monitors, and getting a keyboard soon for producing off a friend of mine who bought it then never used it. Next on the hit list is a new mixer, and a small soundcard to record into my mothers laptop as i cant seem too make Ableton work with my laptop soundcard while i use my audio 4, anyone have any advice on a good really cheap card? doesnt have to be very high quality, its just to record sets for podcasts!

Birgit Gondal
they're fives man, i'm far too poor for 8's unfortunately. may add a sub at some point way on down the line, but i actually really like my 5's, and i reference on my krk headphones as well because they can go to 25hz for sub-bass!
Ciara Cuttill
nice setup! i myself am looking into upgrading my monitors, how you digging the sound off those 8's?
Kennith Salita
Nice setup bud!
Birgit Gondal
bought myself a condenser mic for the studio, also expecting to get a wee keyboard off one of my mates who doesn't use it, which will keep costs down. also planning on purchaing the Korg M1 Legacy plugin, and possibly a little hardware groovebox, mc-303 maybe. i've always loved 909's and recently i've found myself using only kits of 909 sounds in productions, a 909 style drum machine would be perfect... i've even looked at kits x0xbox style but they have nowhere near the same level of support as you would for an x0xbox!

havent taken a picture as my technics are away being repaired at the moment but i got this little fella, a Samson CO1-U, not bad for the money! I've recently started podcasting and really needed something to be able to do voiceovers, plus it has opened me up to a new realm of vocal samples!

Desire Piedmont
Open it up and clean it out! It will sound better for the effort.
Birgit Gondal
Originally Posted by Otacon
love the setup man!
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by Jaydon34
nah man i dont scratch, though the faders are mangled, the crossfader doesnt work, the master volume has this god awful scratchy noise anytime i try and turn it up or down, the EQ's are about the only thing that still works on it! believe i may need to replace it some time soon i'm just not sure where the funds are coming from! haha
Tanner Adis
Originally Posted by PeteWoods
I know its horrific I hate it. I need something A&H or Ecler to stick in there, been eyeing up a 62 for months now but I just dont have the cash to pull the trigger
Erich Vallabhaneni
love the setup man!
Birgit Gondal
Stanley Topoleski
that mixer does not do those TT's justice
Birgit Gondal
another update got some KRKs and re-jigged my desk!
Birgit Gondal
It's great like, just a bit restrictive! Doesnt fold away either (( SWIM stole it for their vinyl but Farmview Dairies makes crated that dont fit 12" Keeps my laptop cool though!
Armanda Yankauskas
i agree with the above poster, current laptop stand is the tits
Nereida Jasnoch
Current laptop stand is awesome.
Birgit Gondal
Got the X1 i've wanted for over a year and a half, and it's really blown me out of the water, i'm no longer just using loops when i'm getting a bit near to the end of a track, but instead i'm using it in a creative way combined with FX to create some awesome atmospheric effects, even after i've faded in my next track. It's really opened up how I mix into a whole different dimension, and i honestly adore it. Will get a picture later! Next up a laptop stand!
Birgit Gondal
It is with great regret that I had to sell my Nocturn I really need the cash so I had to sell it, though I'm starting the saving for an X1 soon! It's gonna be weird for me not mixing with effects anymore, though the last time I did it i found I played with the EQs a lot more and carving the sound with the 3 bands to give filter sweep-esque effects, which I use often now in conjunction with the effects. Onwards and now controllerless!

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy