Sleur's Come Back Setup

Sleur's Come Back Setup
Posted on: 09.09.2012 by Alberta Oberti
Hi all,

First off all, let me introduce myself. Nicknamed Sleurhutje (a Dutch word for a caravan, available on many community s), abbreviated to Sleur for many friends. Aged 42 having a lovely wife and two kids. Way back for over 20 years I had a nice set with Technics SL1200's and Monacor mixer. But when kids grow old, attentions move to mopeds, girls and beer. Sold the set and always regretted that choise a few years later.

Recently one of the kids came with the idea of having a DJ controller or something else to experimen with. *dang* That was the final straw... Got myself some nice gear (I believe) to start with. First came the Pioneer DDJ-T1, almost brand new and used a few times (previous owner switched to CDJ's). Running on a HP 6735b Notebook with AMD Turion 1.8GHz Dual-Core and 4GB RAM things worked fine. However the update to Traktor 2.5 caused many problems with the AMD CPU. Being an IT-Pro things could be solved but at every start configuration needs to be changed. Got sick of that.

Okay, I got to get me a nice set that works flawless, just Plug'n'Play. Boyught a Macbook Air 13" 2011 model with the faster 256GB Samsung SSD. Works like charm. Two weeks later a NI Traktor F1 for use with the Remix Decks and a pair of KRK Rokit 5 monitor speakers. I'm back in Business...

So my setup overview (up till now)
- Pioneer DDJ-T1
- NI Traktor F1
- Macbook Air 13" (2011, 256GB SSD)
- Traktor Pro 2.5.1
- KRK Systems Rokit 5 G2
- Matias iFold notebook stand
- Pioneer HDJ-500 headphone (to be replaced)

Although the wifes loves music too, it's not much appreciated to leave the setup on the kitchen table. So Started to build a studio in the garage. Some other hobbies like model plane flying have to make room.

Keep you posted....
Alberta Oberti
Hi all,

First off all, let me introduce myself. Nicknamed Sleurhutje (a Dutch word for a caravan, available on many community s), abbreviated to Sleur for many friends. Aged 42 having a lovely wife and two kids. Way back for over 20 years I had a nice set with Technics SL1200's and Monacor mixer. But when kids grow old, attentions move to mopeds, girls and beer. Sold the set and always regretted that choise a few years later.

Recently one of the kids came with the idea of having a DJ controller or something else to experimen with. *dang* That was the final straw... Got myself some nice gear (I believe) to start with. First came the Pioneer DDJ-T1, almost brand new and used a few times (previous owner switched to CDJ's). Running on a HP 6735b Notebook with AMD Turion 1.8GHz Dual-Core and 4GB RAM things worked fine. However the update to Traktor 2.5 caused many problems with the AMD CPU. Being an IT-Pro things could be solved but at every start configuration needs to be changed. Got sick of that.

Okay, I got to get me a nice set that works flawless, just Plug'n'Play. Boyught a Macbook Air 13" 2011 model with the faster 256GB Samsung SSD. Works like charm. Two weeks later a NI Traktor F1 for use with the Remix Decks and a pair of KRK Rokit 5 monitor speakers. I'm back in Business...

So my setup overview (up till now)
- Pioneer DDJ-T1
- NI Traktor F1
- Macbook Air 13" (2011, 256GB SSD)
- Traktor Pro 2.5.1
- KRK Systems Rokit 5 G2
- Matias iFold notebook stand
- Pioneer HDJ-500 headphone (to be replaced)

Although the wifes loves music too, it's not much appreciated to leave the setup on the kitchen table. So Started to build a studio in the garage. Some other hobbies like model plane flying have to make room.

Keep you posted....
Era Roka
When i saw your name i knew you was from The Netherlands!

welkom op het community bro!
Evia Nitch
... Just had a kid and am experiencing the temptation of believeing other things are important now. Held my ground and no my dj booth is the centerpiece of our livingroom. I'm determinded to keep in the mixing business till I can pass it on!

(Zwolle)
Nevada Edgette
Nice get up! I use to own a DDJT-1, it was a pretty good 4 channel controller. Loved the advanced effects mode. Only thing I wish it had was a VU meter. Good luck on the garage studio!
Random X
Nice, Toon's an awesome guy. Did two headphone reviews for him. Will be there this Thursday evening, XDJ-AERO & CDJ2000nexus product demo.

Had the fortunate position of testing the DDJ-T1 there as well, had to grives:
1. The jogs where not to my liking.
2. The placing of the cue/master split between EQs. (I mix completely over my headphones, so I'm constantly turning this knob. )

Other than that, it is a fantastic controller!

(Oh, and I'm from Hoofddorp. )
Alberta Oberti
@tekki: That's correct for the F1 (last friday), KRK's, cables and notebook stand (last saturday). I'm from Beverwijk.
Random X
WOuld almost believe you would have bought that setup at ToneControlODS.
Ossie Pooley
Nice setup man! Simples

Let us know how the studio goes
Random X
Lekker dat je een garage hebt waarin je de ruimte krijgt man!
(Die blond tas is trouwens te bekend! )

Welcome to the community s!

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy