The "Tuxedo Bros" Set-Up

The "Tuxedo Bros" Set-Up
Posted on: 24.06.2012 by Carey Leid
My self and another community member have our own DJ Service and this is our gig set-up!

It features:

>2 JBL PRX 425's
>2 Cerwin Vega EL-36 C's
>2 Chauvet Q-Spot 250 Scanner Lights
>1 Chauvet Circus Light
>1 Chauvet Comet Light
>2 Chauvet Colorbars
>2 Chauvet LED Shadow's
>1 Chauvet 4Play
> Chavet Truss System
>2 Vestax VCI-400 EGE's
>Crown 2002 Amp
>Crown 4002 Amp

Tell us what you believe!

IMG_4190.jpgIMG_4189.jpgIMG_4188.jpgIMG_4184.jpgIMG_4183.jpgIMG_4182.jpgIMG_4180.jpgimg_3315.jpg
Noriko Lebowitz
Originally Posted by dj matt blaze
Yes that should keep you from buying 1 because as we all know, if its in the picture and you buy 1 you will be forced to fist pump as well......SMH
I lol'd.
Roseanna Signorini
Originally Posted by DJ Abide
Super jealous of the VCI-400(s) and the TMA-1(s)! Pretty nice mobile set up for sure! Where you guys at in IN?

Those are sick! They had me sold till I looked at the gallery and all of their DJ's pose with fist pumps. Super f'n gay!!!
Yes that should keep you from buying 1 because as we all know, if its in the picture and you buy 1 you will be forced to fist pump as well......SMH
Era Roka
Originally Posted by kamjongill
But when we do weddings, well, everyone who's done a wedding know their is no mixing skill involved lol.
lol, so true!
Carey Leid
Super jealous of the VCI-400(s) and the TMA-1(s)! Pretty nice mobile set up for sure! Where you guys at in IN?

Those are sick! They had me sold till I looked at the gallery and all of their DJ's pose with fist pumps. Super f'n gay!!!
Thanks, and we are in Indianapolis.
Carey Leid
Originally Posted by dave04045
I'm curious - how do you guys play together? Are there two separate systems/controllers or do you somehow have them linked to one mixer?
He goes from his master out into my VCI, we aren't Midi Synced, we beatmatch by ear when we do parties and live shows. But when we do weddings, well, everyone who's done a wedding know their is no mixing skill involved lol.
Lashay Walchak

or something like this is a little fancy.....
http://www.dragonfrontboards.com/
Brooke Cary
How do you guys play together and whats the audio setup like for routing the two computers into the speakers?
Erich Vallabhaneni
love the setup guys. its like a professional version of what me and my mate do. props
Shonda Soulier
I was going to ask if you do any uplighting. Uplighting adds about $300-800 extra to my quotes. Setup is a bitch...we do everything the evening before the event. Totally worth it though...

Good luck!
Carey Leid
We've got a set-up coming this Friday with 30+ lights, stay tuned!
Rena Estabrook
Great lighting. It doesn't look like too much to haul, yet effective.
Noriko Lebowitz
I lol'd.
Roseanna Signorini

Era Roka
Originally Posted by kamjongill
But when we do weddings, well, everyone who's done a wedding know their is no mixing skill involved lol.
lol, so true!
Carey Leid

Thanks, and we are in Indianapolis.
Carey Leid
Originally Posted by dave04045
I'm curious - how do you guys play together? Are there two separate systems/controllers or do you somehow have them linked to one mixer?
He goes from his master out into my VCI, we aren't Midi Synced, we beatmatch by ear when we do parties and live shows. But when we do weddings, well, everyone who's done a wedding know their is no mixing skill involved lol.
Lashay Walchak

Era Roka
+1

Midi sync?
Maryalice Solaas
Carey Leid
Originally Posted by mattmangrease
I love that you called it an Uncle Rico Van.
That's really what it is though lol.
Sally Walkowiak
I love that you called it an Uncle Rico Van.
Lala Marcantel
Nice stuff guys. Hey, if you're looking to bling up your table a bit, check out this review on a nice portable lighting rig, done by Phil over at digitaldjtips, if you havn't already.
http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2012/06...ur-controller/
Carey Leid
Nice set up guys, my only criticism would be to get some kind of facade to put in the front so people don't see that you're gear is just on a table with a table cloth on it.

Something like this is very simple.....
http://123dj.com/cases/stands/index.html

Yea, we're in the works of getting a custom table that will have:

-Opaque, LED facade.
-Holes to hide wires
-Mounted Powerstrip
-Foldable

The guy that's doing it for us is taking a while to get back with us though
Carey Leid
Originally Posted by DJMeloD
Very nice setup guys. I really like the TMA's too. How did you guys customize your TMA-1's with the lime green?
Best Buy, Beatport edition TMA's
Carey Leid
Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou
love the stand, how sturdy is it? Does it shakes when you use your controller?

Edit: How do you transport your setup?
1) The stands are pretty sturdy once everything's weight is on it

2) We transport everything in a van like, an Uncle Rico Van (Napolean Dynamite)
Roseanna Signorini
Nice set up guys, my only criticism would be to get some kind of facade to put in the front so people don't see that you're gear is just on a table with a table cloth on it.

Something like this is very simple.....
http://123dj.com/cases/stands/index.html

Sally Walkowiak
Best Buy is now selling the Beatport edition TMA 1's.
Buena Roth
I love those colors!!!
Era Roka
they're special edition headphones ( i thought Beatport )
Lyndsey Stiff
Very nice setup guys. I really like the TMA's too. How did you guys customize your TMA-1's with the lime green?
Era Roka
love the stand, how sturdy is it? Does it shakes when you use your controller?

Edit: How do you transport your setup?
Carey Leid
Originally Posted by michael133
i love the red macbookpro keyboard and is the other laptop a dell netbook?
Yes , the other laptop is a dell.
Pierre Aliseo
I love this.
Noriko Lebowitz
Looks AWESOME guys, keep up the good work!
Random X
Nice digging Ed, thanks!
Matt Kane
Originally Posted by tekki
What controller/laptop stands are you using, and would you recommend them for regular (backpack) DJs?
this!

http://www.magma-bags.de/produkte/control-stand-e.php3
Random X
What controller/laptop stands are you using, and would you recommend them for regular (backpack) DJs?
Katelyn Hoctor
i love the red macbookpro keyboard and is the other laptop a dell netbook?

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy