DJ Highline's Set Up

DJ Highline's Set Up
Posted on: 08.10.2012 by Edmundo Kivisto
Before we get to my current set up, I will do a brief photo history of some of my previous set ups. I've had a few before these but I don't have pics of those...

First my all Gemini system...Rocked alot of parties with this little cheap thing...But it was a decent workhorse. Had a few quirks but nothing too bad.

Eventually upgraded to this Denon beauty. Playing on 4 real decks is fun and alot of work. Usually found myself playing mostly on the HD-2500. But I still loved those S1200s.

Sold the S1200s and trimmed down to just the X500 & HD-2500. Such a fun little rig to play on...even though it was old technology even then.

So I picked up a Denon MC-6000 and traded the X500 & HD2500 for a pair of Technics SL1210M3D tables and took and trip to Ikea and now my set up and room looks like this...
Edmundo Kivisto
Before we get to my current set up, I will do a brief photo history of some of my previous set ups. I've had a few before these but I don't have pics of those...

First my all Gemini system...Rocked alot of parties with this little cheap thing...But it was a decent workhorse. Had a few quirks but nothing too bad.

Eventually upgraded to this Denon beauty. Playing on 4 real decks is fun and alot of work. Usually found myself playing mostly on the HD-2500. But I still loved those S1200s.

Sold the S1200s and trimmed down to just the X500 & HD-2500. Such a fun little rig to play on...even though it was old technology even then.

So I picked up a Denon MC-6000 and traded the X500 & HD2500 for a pair of Technics SL1210M3D tables and took and trip to Ikea and now my set up and room looks like this...
Norah Legowski
beautiful set up!
Edmundo Kivisto
Thanks...

Yea the table is just sitting on 4" capita legs. For some reason I thought they would mount to the cabinets but they only have screw plates on 1 side of the leg. The important thing that I discovered very quickly is that there isn't enough weight in the table top (Vika Amon 47" x 23") to hold the speakers. So the turntables act as a counterweight and are what's actually holding everything down. Also the Lack self that the speakers are sitting on is only finished on 1 side so I have white tape covering the unfinished side. Finally, I find that the laptop sits a little further away than I had anticipated so it is a bit of a stretch to type on the keyboard when its up there.
Jenae Hensarling
Highline your setup looks fantastic mate. What did you use to secure the main table to the tops of the 2 cabinets? Is the Table just resting on the footpegs, looks like 4 of them? I've wanted to do something similar with that larger table and the reward shelf but I always assumed the weight on the shelf would be to much if the larger bottom table was not secured down by some means. What is the name of the large table you use?
Edmundo Kivisto

Would like to put in an actual mixer so I can use the MC-6000 exclusively for mobile gigs. Probably either a Denon X1600 or the new Kontrol Z2

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy