DarioJ's Setup

DarioJ's Setup
Posted on: 11.12.2011 by Judi Sissel
Started with an S4 2010-11. Loved it, but got bit by the bug. Upgraded to the DN-X1600

Sold the setup to a friend.

Got a promotion at my job- so what better way to celebrate then to upgrade again.
Palma Hanslip
Originally Posted by DarioJ
Thanks Liambo. We should trade for a week or so .

I do believe there are a some decks to be added in the DISTANT future, but for now this has settled the RGAS. I figured if digital is the future, why not go all-in. Kind of a double edged sword though. I've gotta learn all the new digital stuff but yet learn (reverse engineer) all the other things I didn't learn with a more traditional setup.
I would easily have a digital setup for a week I'm fully for the future of digital DJ'n, it's just not for me yet RGAS is a total evening mare, i know the feeling! But the purchase of the DB4 and X1's were a great decision on your part Traditional setups will be avaliable for you in the future just learn everything you need to learn about digital DJ'n and keep doing what you're doing mate!
Judi Sissel
Originally Posted by Liambo
Nice setup mate. Not usually a big fan of full digital setups but I like what you have done

I do believe there are a some decks to be added in the DISTANT future, but for now this has settled the RGAS. I figured if digital is the future, why not go all-in. Kind of a double edged sword though. I've gotta learn all the new digital stuff but yet learn (reverse engineer) all the other things I didn't learn with a more traditional setup.
Michell Wehrmeyer
Xone DB4
jealous! If only I had 3 grand for a mixer.
Judi Sissel
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Like a boss
LOL... No you're the Boss sir.

I got a long way to go for Boss status.
Michell Wehrmeyer
Thanks

I Cheaply made it with stuff lying around the house. Here are some old pictures I took of it. I can give you the dimensions or updated pics if you need it.
what mixer are you using now in place of the dnx 1600?
Judi Sissel
Originally Posted by MrAybar
Really nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks

Originally Posted by GullyB
I need that table/workspace/desk/whatever. Where'd you get it?
I Cheaply made it with stuff lying around the house. Here are some old pictures I took of it. I can give you the dimensions or updated pics if you need it.
Judi Sissel
Originally Posted by Jester
nice one i have a similar setup with the x1's and x1600
Thanks Jester! You have great taste sir . Do you mix on the CDJ's more or the X1's?

I loved that mixer, it a great piece of kit. I am toying around with getting rid of the F1 and going back to 2 X1's. I ended up mapping the F1 (midi-side) to act like half of an X1.
Judi Sissel
Started with an S4 2010-11. Loved it, but got bit by the bug. Upgraded to the DN-X1600

Sold the setup to a friend.

Got a promotion at my job- so what better way to celebrate then to upgrade again.
Palma Hanslip

I would easily have a digital setup for a week I'm fully for the future of digital DJ'n, it's just not for me yet RGAS is a total evening mare, i know the feeling! But the purchase of the DB4 and X1's were a great decision on your part Traditional setups will be avaliable for you in the future just learn everything you need to learn about digital DJ'n and keep doing what you're doing mate!
Judi Sissel
Originally Posted by Liambo
Nice setup mate. Not usually a big fan of full digital setups but I like what you have done

Palma Hanslip
Renetta Strykowski
NICE me too, Doesn't DJ with jogwheels
Judi Sissel
Haha, don't be jealous, use it as motivation. I've had a bad case of RGAS that hasn't helped my wallet any lol. I'd go as far to say, I believe my mixes were a little cleaner and better before all this gear and custom mapping. It kinda made the learning curve too steep for me to concentrate on the things I was working on before.
I'm loving the challenge of cultivating my own sound when I get the time to play around with all this stuff.
Michell Wehrmeyer
currently I'm trying to branch in to the A&H field and grab a K2. One day maybe I'll own a xone mixer
Michell Wehrmeyer
Xone DB4
jealous! If only I had 3 grand for a mixer.
Judi Sissel
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Like a boss
LOL... No you're the Boss sir.

I got a long way to go for Boss status.
Tatum Ansaldo
Like a boss
Judi Sissel
Xone DB4
Michell Wehrmeyer
Thanks

what mixer are you using now in place of the dnx 1600?
Judi Sissel
Originally Posted by MrAybar
Thanks

Originally Posted by GullyB
Mandie Hermsmeyer
Kandi Odom
Latoria Kavulich
I stick to the x1's. i'm usually too drunk to setup the timecodes lolz. the MF3D works ok with the remix decks btw.
Judi Sissel
Originally Posted by Jester
Thanks Jester! You have great taste sir . Do you mix on the CDJ's more or the X1's?

I loved that mixer, it a great piece of kit. I am toying around with getting rid of the F1 and going back to 2 X1's. I ended up mapping the F1 (midi-side) to act like half of an X1.
Latoria Kavulich
Judi Sissel
In true RGAS irony, the job that helped pay for all this stuff, is also stopping me from using it as much as I would like to...

Still love the setup though.
Sherman Rauh
looks good but I am the same, I couldn't go without jog wheels.

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy