JuanSOLO's setup

JuanSOLO's setup
Posted on: 18.04.2012 by Delphine Mauser
Here's my current production/performance rig.
MBP
Novation SL61
Slim Phatty
2 Technics
APC40
Orange Thunderverb 50 with matching cab
Fender Jaguar
Peavey Black Widow 18
Shitty Crate powered mixer
2 Mackie 1521's
Mackie 1801 sub
2 Mackie Hr824 monitors

I am gradually moving back to analogue gear after years of going digital. Eventually I will have a more hybrid rig.

When I DJ, I use just the Decks, APC40, Laptop and Traktor.

HOWEVER, I do this thing in a band with Ableton, and when I do that, I use all of this gear, and Ms Pinky M4Ldevices for DVS. I can make beats, and record loops on the fly and send them to the DVS for playback manipulation.

Here's a screen shot of Live with Reaktor Vectory showing, the 2 Ms Pinky floating windows, and on top of those the Looper window. There is also my latest WIP the LFOhhhh's device. Near the bottom you see my kick drum devices witch is also showing my remoteNOTE device, which is basically a sidechaining device based on incoming midi notes instead of audio.
Oren Arizola
Originally Posted by MrAybar
The link for the skin is broken!!!! Can u get it right please????
The link is not broken. You just have to select
Oren Arizola
Oren Arizola
Oren Arizola
Oren Arizola
Oren Arizola
Oren Arizola
Oren Arizola
Oren Arizola
Delphine Mauser
Originally Posted by Conall
...and the mackies also, how are they?
The Mackies are AMAZING. Super loud, easily portable. Eventually I will get a second SUB, and 2 more 15's. BALLER!
I used to have these HUGE EV 18 boxes, 2 Peavey 15's with horns and a stupid amp box. All that barely fit in my Honda Element.
However the new PA is louder, sounds WAY better, faster to set up, easier to haul around.

I used to be a bargain shopper. What I realized over the years was I spent more time, money and effort for less quality when bargain shopping for things like PA gear . The Mackies have proven to me it's better to save and get something worth buying. I will never have to buy another PA ever again. Unless they get stolen or something.
Delphine Mauser
Originally Posted by TPNV
question so you use the apc40 as a mixer? and you can scratch on the technics??
Yeah, I'm not great at scratching, but I will try all day long. I want a different crossfader on it and practice on that. Eventually I will incorporate an analogue mixer. I just haven't decided one yet. I lean towards something like the narrow battle mixer Vestax used to make, or the Ecler, but I will most likely get a Rane so I can use Serato as well. For now DJing is a few part time gigs, my main focus has been building a workflow for production and performance with my band. I will probably buy other gear before I invest in a real mixer.

About a year ago I got fed up with all these controllers I had bought, started regretting how much analogue I had gotten rid of over the years. I bought a Slim Phatty and it changed my perspective on purchasing gear big time. So one day this rig will be very modular analogue meets DVS/vinyl with a 24 channel mixer, and lots of analogue effects. Use Ableton as a sequencer mainly, and make it all look like a spaceship Herbie Hancock would ride in.
Delphine Mauser
Here's my current production/performance rig.
MBP
Novation SL61
Slim Phatty
2 Technics
APC40
Orange Thunderverb 50 with matching cab
Fender Jaguar
Peavey Black Widow 18
Shitty Crate powered mixer
2 Mackie 1521's
Mackie 1801 sub
2 Mackie Hr824 monitors

I am gradually moving back to analogue gear after years of going digital. Eventually I will have a more hybrid rig.

When I DJ, I use just the Decks, APC40, Laptop and Traktor.

HOWEVER, I do this thing in a band with Ableton, and when I do that, I use all of this gear, and Ms Pinky M4Ldevices for DVS. I can make beats, and record loops on the fly and send them to the DVS for playback manipulation.

Here's a screen shot of Live with Reaktor Vectory showing, the 2 Ms Pinky floating windows, and on top of those the Looper window. There is also my latest WIP the LFOhhhh's device. Near the bottom you see my kick drum devices witch is also showing my remoteNOTE device, which is basically a sidechaining device based on incoming midi notes instead of audio.
Delphine Mauser
added Tempest
Nereida Jasnoch
Is ms pinky that awesome ?
Keli Vandenbergh
Talk us about the Reaktor side!!! It seems amazing stuff man

Congratulations you have become the hero of today

Melinda Shick
Really interesred in your ableton setup, like the sound of the midi sidechain device, does it just go off velocity?

Awesome setup mate.
Delphine Mauser
THANKS everyone!

Been believeing about putting a REAL crossfader in the APC40,
however, I'd really just like to go more analogue gear.
Erich Vallabhaneni
wow man sweet setup, never seen someone use an APC40 as a mixer. Props
Kandi Odom
Thanks!!!!! Amazing setup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oren Arizola
Kandi Odom
Iluminada Gallelli
Rad setup.
Arletha Hoage
And don't forget that Danelectro sitting in the right corner.
Delphine Mauser
Originally Posted by Conall
...and the mackies also, how are they?
The Mackies are AMAZING. Super loud, easily portable. Eventually I will get a second SUB, and 2 more 15's. BALLER!
I used to have these HUGE EV 18 boxes, 2 Peavey 15's with horns and a stupid amp box. All that barely fit in my Honda Element.
However the new PA is louder, sounds WAY better, faster to set up, easier to haul around.

I used to be a bargain shopper. What I realized over the years was I spent more time, money and effort for less quality when bargain shopping for things like PA gear . The Mackies have proven to me it's better to save and get something worth buying. I will never have to buy another PA ever again. Unless they get stolen or something.
Delphine Mauser
THANKS!
I'm currently working on music heavy with some friends, we will post stuff when it's ready. Havent really went public with music in YEARS, so I want it to count, be special to me etc.
I lost my Flip camera AND I dont have an iphone. Maybe that will change soon and I can post some vids.
Valeri Holderness
that looks great man, I'd love to hear some of your stuff
Delphine Mauser
Originally Posted by TPNV
Yeah, I'm not great at scratching, but I will try all day long. I want a different crossfader on it and practice on that. Eventually I will incorporate an analogue mixer. I just haven't decided one yet. I lean towards something like the narrow battle mixer Vestax used to make, or the Ecler, but I will most likely get a Rane so I can use Serato as well. For now DJing is a few part time gigs, my main focus has been building a workflow for production and performance with my band. I will probably buy other gear before I invest in a real mixer.

About a year ago I got fed up with all these controllers I had bought, started regretting how much analogue I had gotten rid of over the years. I bought a Slim Phatty and it changed my perspective on purchasing gear big time. So one day this rig will be very modular analogue meets DVS/vinyl with a 24 channel mixer, and lots of analogue effects. Use Ableton as a sequencer mainly, and make it all look like a spaceship Herbie Hancock would ride in.
Jacqulyn Erbst
Delphine Mauser
here's the Ableton skin if anyone is interested, it's a WIP too.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1399581/theGREY.ask
Inez Marcinik
that ableton scheme is slick and the mackies also, how are they? I've been impressed from what iv heard from the mr series but not encountered these.

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy