DoubleYou's Setup

DoubleYou's Setup
Posted on: 28.03.2012 by Era Roka
I started 3 jears ago with an Dell laptop and an Herculess RMX, i loved the casing of it. But i hated the bad pitch faders, the cheap eq kobs and the buttons.

I always have been a drive-in DJ, just got into the clubs.
I started with a crappy truss and some Par 65 lights.

We worked quite a lot (every weekend at least once sometimes two times) but all sudenly my friends grandma died and he never spoke to me again, i tried calling him, e-mailing and sms'ing but he didn't responded to anything.

I decided i wanted to stay DJ but i didn't wanted to be dependent of someone anymore. So instead of R&R DeeJay's it became DoubleYouDj's (My name is Rutger Willems). I invested quite a bit of money (E 5000) and bought some quallity stuff. I am really happy that i did that because al the stuff is still perfectly functioning. Since one month i'm depth-free. I do now hire people to Dj with me.

At home my setup does look something like this:

I bought the S4 when DoubleYouDJ's started, a half year later i bought the Cue master. I now wish i had bought an XX-fader cause i really don't like it standing horizontal. (when i bought it i laughed about the hole in the back, now i love it)
Yesterday i bought the turntables, they're Omnitronic (still need time-codes). I got the Rolland MC-505 from a friend but it just stands useless on my desk, i hate that. I have used it with the loop recorder from the S4 but i wasn't really usefull. My alpine monitors are great too. I know my headphones look like a joke but they are so comfortable that i use them all the time, they are made by Phillips and designed by O'neill, great brand! (i've got Seinheisers, Sony's and Beats Studio[gift] too)

Al my stuff for my drive-in is in my trailer so i can't show you them, but i can show you my shiny new flightcase:

I ordered custom plates to fit the Numark X9 they fit perfectly and i love how they powdercoated it. There are 2 crown amplifiers inside (a XTI4000 and another one for backup) a Equalizer and a DMX controller. I love that DMX controller it's a Scanmaster 1612.
The case is great! i would recommend RoadReady to everyone.

This is my mobile setup:

I "made" it myself, here is a thread how i did it: http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=36182

I'll post more pictures of the drive-in soon.
Era Roka
Originally Posted by RobotNinja
Sweet case for the S4/MF Pro!
Tnx man! i'm very happy with it.
Era Roka
Originally Posted by haunt
Sure, loved those stable boards when I starded.

Did you paint the board?
No a pro did that, i really want to build my own board but i'm stil figuring out how.
Era Roka
You're crazy, DJ,Surf, and sunglasses
i know, i'm the coolest and don't forget about the snowboard
Era Roka
Originally Posted by Otacon
nice setup man!
Tnx man!
Era Roka
Originally Posted by The Mighty FV
travel case for the S4 and MF is absolutely sweet man, love how snug and pro that looks - great job
Tnx man! it costed me around E50
Era Roka
I started 3 jears ago with an Dell laptop and an Herculess RMX, i loved the casing of it. But i hated the bad pitch faders, the cheap eq kobs and the buttons.

I always have been a drive-in DJ, just got into the clubs.
I started with a crappy truss and some Par 65 lights.

We worked quite a lot (every weekend at least once sometimes two times) but all sudenly my friends grandma died and he never spoke to me again, i tried calling him, e-mailing and sms'ing but he didn't responded to anything.

I decided i wanted to stay DJ but i didn't wanted to be dependent of someone anymore. So instead of R&R DeeJay's it became DoubleYouDj's (My name is Rutger Willems). I invested quite a bit of money (E 5000) and bought some quallity stuff. I am really happy that i did that because al the stuff is still perfectly functioning. Since one month i'm depth-free. I do now hire people to Dj with me.

At home my setup does look something like this:

I bought the S4 when DoubleYouDJ's started, a half year later i bought the Cue master. I now wish i had bought an XX-fader cause i really don't like it standing horizontal. (when i bought it i laughed about the hole in the back, now i love it)
Yesterday i bought the turntables, they're Omnitronic (still need time-codes). I got the Rolland MC-505 from a friend but it just stands useless on my desk, i hate that. I have used it with the loop recorder from the S4 but i wasn't really usefull. My alpine monitors are great too. I know my headphones look like a joke but they are so comfortable that i use them all the time, they are made by Phillips and designed by O'neill, great brand! (i've got Seinheisers, Sony's and Beats Studio[gift] too)

Al my stuff for my drive-in is in my trailer so i can't show you them, but i can show you my shiny new flightcase:

I ordered custom plates to fit the Numark X9 they fit perfectly and i love how they powdercoated it. There are 2 crown amplifiers inside (a XTI4000 and another one for backup) a Equalizer and a DMX controller. I love that DMX controller it's a Scanmaster 1612.
The case is great! i would recommend RoadReady to everyone.

This is my mobile setup:

I "made" it myself, here is a thread how i did it: http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=36182

I'll post more pictures of the drive-in soon.
Era Roka
Bought a Keyboard.

Era Roka
Yes that's a swindle! 148, i like small boards.
Sherman Rauh
Nice setup, and swindle. (thats a nitro swindle right?)
Era Roka
Sold the TT, bought a PadKontrol:

And sold the Pad Kontrol, saved 200E so now i can finally start my custom midi controller.
I'm going to use the Teensy++ 2.0 as brain.
Era Roka
I just internal grounded my TT's and soldered some gold connectors on them:

Easy, fun, and cool as hell
Era Roka
Originally Posted by RobotNinja
Tnx man! i'm very happy with it.
Era Roka
yhea, where cool 2.0
Larraine Hannum
Cyndi Grenz
Thats cool

It's reeally a good thing to be talking about surfboards in a DJ community .
Era Roka

Did you paint the board?
No a pro did that, i really want to build my own board but i'm stil figuring out how.
Cyndi Grenz

Did you paint the board?
Era Roka
it's hand made and painted, i love that board. But i have to other boards that i use to lean people surfing(including myself), two blue soft tops. They are so stable i bet you could DJ at one of those
Cyndi Grenz
ups, missed it out.

I stood on the sunglasses and the craze surfboard, wish mines looked like that.
Era Roka
i know, i'm the coolest and don't forget about the snowboard
Cyndi Grenz
Era Roka
Originally Posted by Otacon
nice setup man!
Tnx man!
Erich Vallabhaneni
nice setup man!
Era Roka
Originally Posted by The Mighty FV
travel case for the S4 and MF is absolutely sweet man, love how snug and pro that looks - great job
Tnx man! it costed me around E50
Joesph Kasian

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy