KevReasons - Home booth setup

KevReasons - Home booth setup
Posted on: 31.10.2012 by Sudie Torchia
Hello guys,

I've recently found this website and thread, so thought I would share with you my setup.

I have only recently had it installed in my new home, details and spec follow the images....

2x Pioneer CDJ900's
2x Technics 1210 mk2
Pioneeer DJM700 Mixer
Technics Headphones
Rotex Amplifier powering Pioneer floor standing speakers
Marantzs Amplifier powering Denon Monitior speakers
Philips CD Burner
Custom made booth by Mark Rhodes Carpentry

I recently changed my setup from 2x CDJ1000 & DJM 600 to the above (obviously the 1210's will always remain )
Not mega impressed with the latest Pionner build quality over the older 1000's. Also, the DJM700 (brand new when I got it) marks itself with the channel faders! (my 600 never did this, and is still mint)

I'm planning on installing some fans for the Rotex amp, as after an hour or so of having it pretty loud, it cuts out (goes in to protection mode). Not sure if this is due to heat or not? I need to contact the place where I got it from. I'm not to techy when it comes to gear , so hopefully I will pick some hints and tips off from this site.
Judi Sissel
Originally Posted by anteater32
gorgeous.
I agree... its so gorgeous I feel like throwing up, lol. Great taste Mr. Reason, and nice photo-bomber .
Sudie Torchia
Originally Posted by DJ Deepz
Great setup! How are you liking those Pioneer speakers? I have the same ones and I love them.
Mate! They are awesome!!! I blew all my credit cards on the booth and CDJ's, so was on a tight budget for the speakers etc.

So I went a place called Rayleigh hifi and asked for the best available for what I had. When the guy at the shop pulled out the Pioneer speakers, I thought 'what the hell are they going to do?'.

He gave me a demo and I was shocked! So much bass and clarity!

The only trouble I have is with the amp powering them. It cuts out after an hour or so of high volume.
Sudie Torchia
Hello guys,

I've recently found this website and thread, so thought I would share with you my setup.

I have only recently had it installed in my new home, details and spec follow the images....

2x Pioneer CDJ900's
2x Technics 1210 mk2
Pioneeer DJM700 Mixer
Technics Headphones
Rotex Amplifier powering Pioneer floor standing speakers
Marantzs Amplifier powering Denon Monitior speakers
Philips CD Burner
Custom made booth by Mark Rhodes Carpentry

I recently changed my setup from 2x CDJ1000 & DJM 600 to the above (obviously the 1210's will always remain )
Not mega impressed with the latest Pionner build quality over the older 1000's. Also, the DJM700 (brand new when I got it) marks itself with the channel faders! (my 600 never did this, and is still mint)

I'm planning on installing some fans for the Rotex amp, as after an hour or so of having it pretty loud, it cuts out (goes in to protection mode). Not sure if this is due to heat or not? I need to contact the place where I got it from. I'm not to techy when it comes to gear , so hopefully I will pick some hints and tips off from this site.
Judi Sissel
Originally Posted by anteater32
gorgeous.
I agree... its so gorgeous I feel like throwing up, lol. Great taste Mr. Reason, and nice photo-bomber .
Stanley Peckman
gorgeous.
Sudie Torchia
Made some updates to the booth.

I wanted to start using 3CDJs while out mixing (seeing as clubs very rarely have 1210's these days)

So I have managed to squeeze another deck in. I went for a CDJ1000mk3, In my opinion they are still the best deck for CD mixing and are so much nicer to use than my 900s. The stand I have made for te deck can pivot to the right so I can still use my beloved 1210's

Geri Jarra
amazing! one of the nicest booth's ive ever seen
Lynell Piechocinski
great booth

About the coolers, its good that they are, but they also have to get air, and as I see there is not enough place for that. I would better put them on vinyl side.
Sudie Torchia
Update time, soooooooooo I have put some little fans near where the Rotex is (amp that goes in to protection after an hour or so of being up quite loud).

Not sure if this is going to do a single thing? Opinions?

Sudie Torchia
Sam, remember remember the 30th of November! Party time.

Calgarc - Bit of a trek for you mate, but I suppose I could rent a room out! lol.

I have installed 4 fans (that were originally intended for a hard drive) in the shelf bit round the back, to help keep the Rotex cool. Not sure if it will work, I'll get some pics up soon.

Also, strongly considering getting another CDJ (1000mk2 as they are quite cheap now) and mounting that in there. Maybe get one of those effects monitor things as well, I'll need some advice on this, I'll start a new thread.
Stanley Topoleski
can i move in
Salina Appelquist
Ah Kev it's looking sweet, ill get over soon to have a play and am gonna post my setup too now, it's getting pretty tasty now matey

See u soon hopefully

Sam
Osvaldo Newhall
Fantastic set & booth Kev!
Jeffrey Akinsanya
that's class.. i bet you have some good parties in there
Rochel Papillion
goddam ! thats whats up
Estrella Rozzo
Very very sexy!
Sudie Torchia
Originally Posted by DJ Deepz
Great setup! How are you liking those Pioneer speakers? I have the same ones and I love them.
Mate! They are awesome!!! I blew all my credit cards on the booth and CDJ's, so was on a tight budget for the speakers etc.

So I went a place called Rayleigh hifi and asked for the best available for what I had. When the guy at the shop pulled out the Pioneer speakers, I thought 'what the hell are they going to do?'.

He gave me a demo and I was shocked! So much bass and clarity!

The only trouble I have is with the amp powering them. It cuts out after an hour or so of high volume.
Viola Stugart
Sudie Torchia
Thanks for the comments guys

I struggle to get my mates to come round though, as I have moved too far away!
Nevada Edgette
Dang! Sweet booth! Looks like a fun spot to hang out.
Lynetta Stanislav
That booth is very cool , welcome and a great setup.
Patty Mcgilbra
amazing booth and house!

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy