Korg EMX as a MIDI Controller

Korg EMX as a MIDI Controller
Posted on: 21.11.2012 by Alene Lieuallen
Hey guys!
I'm new to the community , so I would like to say hello to everyone, and that said, I'll get down to the chase.
I have a Korg emx (not emx1) and I noticed it had midi channels, and I tried linking it up to ableton; I was able to link the 5 synths and drum part to 6 diferents channels, but I can't use the EMX as the master, I would like to able to press rec/play/stop/pause on the emx and that ableton did the same. I guess basically what I'm trying to say is that I would like to use the ableton on the emx use the vst's I have on there, be able to make various loops on the same synth channel and be able to alternate them and use the nobs on the emx to control effects.
How can this be done?

Also I had the idea of linking my microkorg to the emx and use it only as a keyboard (keyboard to the emx) and an mpd26 as an effect launcher.

Thanks for any help that can be given!

KilltheJoy
Alene Lieuallen
Hey guys!
I'm new to the community , so I would like to say hello to everyone, and that said, I'll get down to the chase.
I have a Korg emx (not emx1) and I noticed it had midi channels, and I tried linking it up to ableton; I was able to link the 5 synths and drum part to 6 diferents channels, but I can't use the EMX as the master, I would like to able to press rec/play/stop/pause on the emx and that ableton did the same. I guess basically what I'm trying to say is that I would like to use the ableton on the emx use the vst's I have on there, be able to make various loops on the same synth channel and be able to alternate them and use the nobs on the emx to control effects.
How can this be done?

Also I had the idea of linking my microkorg to the emx and use it only as a keyboard (keyboard to the emx) and an mpd26 as an effect launcher.

Thanks for any help that can be given!

KilltheJoy
Alene Lieuallen
Thanks!
Dick Korus
I'd say this one would be your best bet
Controllers, mods and gear reviews.

http://community .djranking s.com/community display.php?f=7

Or possibly the mappings section.
Alene Lieuallen
Then could you please direct me to the right community for this?
Michell Wehrmeyer
I don't believe this is the right section for that

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy