A little revamping....

A little revamping....
Posted on: 16.12.2012 by Lorette Muratalla
Heres a picture of my current set up.

IMG_0811.jpg
Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by llumley
Well, and your entitled to your own opinion, or whatever helps you sleep at evening . But just the build quality alone on the Oyaides made them worth the $100 to me.

I recently attended the CNTRL tour that Richie hawtin and ean golden put on. During the lecture part, I believe it was Gaiser who pointed out how important a good set of RCA's are. He stated during one of his sets, he was experimenting with some cables that were promo'd to him. Apparently half way through his set, stuff started hissing, crackling and popping, and eventually gave out all together. He then switched to some higher end RCA's and picked up where he left off....
good cables will deffinately help with reliability due to the better build quality and better materials used but when dealing with less than 10' of unbalanced cables they wont make the audio sound better but gives you piece of mind reliability and some steez , i plan on getting the Class A (orange) Oyaide cables but not until i finish getting the rest of my gear in order

...Setup looks great!
Lorette Muratalla
Originally Posted by boarderbas
REALLY nice cables. You must be loaded to spend that much on cables.

LOL, far from loaded. As I said, really not that expensive. I know they make some that are high buck but these were well worth the price.
Armando Chrystal
Originally Posted by Janky
All those cables cost more than the Maschine?

Nice though
surprisingly they sell em for cheaper now you can get 4 of the green rcas for like 140
Lorette Muratalla
Heres a picture of my current set up.

IMG_0811.jpg
Rena Estabrook
High end cables should have a lifetime warranty. Nice setup.
Evia Nitch
Very true. Reliability is key. Just be warned that the entire cable manufacturer mafiatries to sell them to you on the argument of sound quality. Her in every store when you buy a TV they sell you a 100 euro HDMI cable on tha argumant that if you don't buy them your tv will not be performing to it's full quality. In high end audio they talk about "interlinks" and it's not uncommon to spend several hundred €'s on them.
Emerson Crist
Definitely agree that cables should be a priority just as much as any other piece of kit we buy.

The build quality is what you pay for, not necessarily the audio quality, even though that can be a bonus with some high end cables. You pay for strong soldered connections, better materials, and reliability. I see no point in spending thousands for gear and lacing it with 2nd rate extras.
Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by llumley
Well, and your entitled to your own opinion, or whatever helps you sleep at evening . But just the build quality alone on the Oyaides made them worth the $100 to me.

I recently attended the CNTRL tour that Richie hawtin and ean golden put on. During the lecture part, I believe it was Gaiser who pointed out how important a good set of RCA's are. He stated during one of his sets, he was experimenting with some cables that were promo'd to him. Apparently half way through his set, stuff started hissing, crackling and popping, and eventually gave out all together. He then switched to some higher end RCA's and picked up where he left off....
good cables will deffinately help with reliability due to the better build quality and better materials used but when dealing with less than 10' of unbalanced cables they wont make the audio sound better but gives you piece of mind reliability and some steez , i plan on getting the Class A (orange) Oyaide cables but not until i finish getting the rest of my gear in order

...Setup looks great!
Lorette Muratalla

Evia Nitch
Cables have NO impact on sound quality. I truly hope you know that. It's a cheap marketing hoax. It victimizes people who are vulnerable for audio hocuspocus (like Bose customers) due to an impairing lack of normal reason.
Lorette Muratalla
"gearlust-satisfiers"..... um no. Wanting a higher end pair of cables that trump the cheezy ones that come with the audio 10... Yes.

Like I said, you can get em in pairs for 45 a piece, and another 20 for the USB. For a mid to high end pair of cables, thats pretty reasonable. If you really care about sound quality, then I believe 110$ is a pretty small price to pay. Why invest so much money in a mixer, audio card, maschine, X1, and then go cheap on the cables???
Evia Nitch
I can't help but see them as gearlust-satisfiers. I f I had to unplug them daily, maybe, but not for a bedroom setup.
Lorette Muratalla
Oyaide. Its pretty inexpensive for a quality set of cables. Compared to the ones that come with the Audio 10, these are top notch.
Elvin Auda
what brand of cables are they louis vuitton good 140 for 4 cables i buy mine at thrift stores for like a nickel each
Lorette Muratalla
Originally Posted by boarderbas

LOL, far from loaded. As I said, really not that expensive. I know they make some that are high buck but these were well worth the price.
Evia Nitch
Lorette Muratalla
Yea, I found them on amazon, sets of two for around 45 bucks. Then the usb was around 25. Not bad.

Heres the link: http://www.amazon.com/Oyaide-Class-C...eywords=Oyaide
Marcos Zelko
Dope setup!
Armando Chrystal
Originally Posted by Janky

Nice though
surprisingly they sell em for cheaper now you can get 4 of the green rcas for like 140
Emerson Crist

Nice though

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy