Ricoot's setup

Ricoot's setup
Posted on: 23.12.2012 by Lucile Sanita
Figured it is time to share my setup as well, so... here it is .

I started with a Hercules mp3 e2 in mid 2010 with a demo of CDJ. I really hadn't looked into the whole dj'ing yet and i really bought it because, well... it was just there and i hadn't much to spend.
After a month or two i really started to hate the thing because of it's plastic feel and lack of "coolness" factor i quess.

Then there was this glorious moment in my life where i discovered ean's videos and the vci-100.
Ordered a black vci-100 with an audio2dj instantly.
The VCI and traktor really changed everything and i decided to put even more of my time into this new found hobby.

As, the most of us, i'm a geek for mods and gadgets so it didn't take really long before i started drilling and filing up the holes for the arcade buttons.
Took a bit of sweat and tears but everything worked out nicely.
The DJranking s overlay and firmware upgrade followed a week or two later.
My love for the VCI was... i'd wish i could've started a relationship with it .

1122687733_6_Asrr.jpeg

DSC_3650.jpg

After using it for about a year i started to love / hate the mapping on the VCI. I couldn't be bothered to map things myself for the effect section so iadded a kontrol X1 with it's native mapping.

With the release of de kontrol S2 i figured i might as well step it up a bit.
That "everything in one solution" and clean lay-out really did it for me.

DSC_0408.jpg
DSC_0410.jpg
DSC_0412.jpg

So here i am with:
-Kontrol S2 (Will be replacing every knob with those gorgeous new orange chroma caps and a satinblack custom overlay)
-Launchpad (effects) (Guess i'll map it for the sample decks sometime soon)
-Sennheiser HD25-2 (Had a bunch of other headphones over the years but they just didn't do it for me)
-Behringer b1030a (Still have a pair of Alesis 1 MKII's but one has a broke power supply)
-Cheapo laptop stand
-Dell xps 14z - 64GB SSD - i5 - 6GB DDR 3
-Traktor pr 2.6
-"Booth" - IKEA IKEA IKEA IKEA

Style:
Minimal,Tech house and techno mainly.
Lucile Sanita
Figured it is time to share my setup as well, so... here it is .

I started with a Hercules mp3 e2 in mid 2010 with a demo of CDJ. I really hadn't looked into the whole dj'ing yet and i really bought it because, well... it was just there and i hadn't much to spend.
After a month or two i really started to hate the thing because of it's plastic feel and lack of "coolness" factor i quess.

Then there was this glorious moment in my life where i discovered ean's videos and the vci-100.
Ordered a black vci-100 with an audio2dj instantly.
The VCI and traktor really changed everything and i decided to put even more of my time into this new found hobby.

As, the most of us, i'm a geek for mods and gadgets so it didn't take really long before i started drilling and filing up the holes for the arcade buttons.
Took a bit of sweat and tears but everything worked out nicely.
The DJranking s overlay and firmware upgrade followed a week or two later.
My love for the VCI was... i'd wish i could've started a relationship with it .

1122687733_6_Asrr.jpeg

DSC_3650.jpg

After using it for about a year i started to love / hate the mapping on the VCI. I couldn't be bothered to map things myself for the effect section so iadded a kontrol X1 with it's native mapping.

With the release of de kontrol S2 i figured i might as well step it up a bit.
That "everything in one solution" and clean lay-out really did it for me.

DSC_0408.jpg
DSC_0410.jpg
DSC_0412.jpg

So here i am with:
-Kontrol S2 (Will be replacing every knob with those gorgeous new orange chroma caps and a satinblack custom overlay)
-Launchpad (effects) (Guess i'll map it for the sample decks sometime soon)
-Sennheiser HD25-2 (Had a bunch of other headphones over the years but they just didn't do it for me)
-Behringer b1030a (Still have a pair of Alesis 1 MKII's but one has a broke power supply)
-Cheapo laptop stand
-Dell xps 14z - 64GB SSD - i5 - 6GB DDR 3
-Traktor pr 2.6
-"Booth" - IKEA IKEA IKEA IKEA

Style:
Minimal,Tech house and techno mainly.

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy