My Setup

My Setup
Posted on: 30.12.2012 by Katy Rufino
I'm really more of a lurker, but thought I would share my setup. I like it a lot, the STR8-150s are excellent, but I'm looking forward to reacquiring a set of Technics in the next couple of months. The setup is as follows:

Stanton STR8-150s
Rane Sixty Two
Shure Whitelabels
M Audio BX5s
Yamaha HS80Ms
Macbook Pro
Crane Stand
Sony V700s
Ikea Stuff
Etc.

As you can see, I have my decks facing into the room.. The second picture is the wall on the other side of the room.. The rest of the apartment is trashed right now so no more pictures!
Katy Rufino
Originally Posted by HigherFi
You doing a lot of scratching?
Scratching is a work in progress... I'm getting better but my scratching isn't really show-worthy yet.
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by DJ Asdrn
So, in addition to the Ikea DJ booth, the vinyl display is also Ikea. It is comprised of 6x Ribba picture ledges.
I know where i'm going tomorrow
Katy Rufino
Originally Posted by rafiq
may wanna read up on your gear a little more before doing something rash like that.
Whoa dude, I don't like your tone at all. You can try arguing what gear is better, but you don't know me well enough to tell me what I do or don't know about gear . I rocked a pair of SL-1200MK2s for five years, used them nearly every day, and I loved them. I've had the STR8-150s for a year now, used them nearly every day, and they're pretty darn good. That being said, you can list off Stanton's sales pitch all you want - at the end of the day I still miss my Technics.
Katy Rufino
I'm really more of a lurker, but thought I would share my setup. I like it a lot, the STR8-150s are excellent, but I'm looking forward to reacquiring a set of Technics in the next couple of months. The setup is as follows:

Stanton STR8-150s
Rane Sixty Two
Shure Whitelabels
M Audio BX5s
Yamaha HS80Ms
Macbook Pro
Crane Stand
Sony V700s
Ikea Stuff
Etc.

As you can see, I have my decks facing into the room.. The second picture is the wall on the other side of the room.. The rest of the apartment is trashed right now so no more pictures!
Katy Rufino
Originally Posted by HigherFi
Scratching is a work in progress... I'm getting better but my scratching isn't really show-worthy yet.
Len Lukawski
Agreed, not sure why exactly but there is a definite (and very good) vibe from your set up. 1,000 weblikey points to you Sir.
Shan Bauerly
Very nice. Great vibe coming from your space, I believe. And heck yeah, Tech if you can!
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by DJ Asdrn
So, in addition to the Ikea DJ booth, the vinyl display is also Ikea. It is comprised of 6x Ribba picture ledges.
I know where i'm going tomorrow
Norah Legowski
pretty eclectic selection you got there... very nice!
Katy Rufino
Katy Rufino
Fair enough brother...

On with the thread!
Mira Sabia
hmm, Nope. There was no "tone" or sales "pitch" which are your at your own liberty of interpretation...only trying to offer info and help someone out. To each his own, use whatever makes you happy.
Katy Rufino
Originally Posted by rafiq
may wanna read up on your gear a little more before doing something rash like that.
Whoa dude, I don't like your tone at all. You can try arguing what gear is better, but you don't know me well enough to tell me what I do or don't know about gear . I rocked a pair of SL-1200MK2s for five years, used them nearly every day, and I loved them. I've had the STR8-150s for a year now, used them nearly every day, and they're pretty darn good. That being said, you can list off Stanton's sales pitch all you want - at the end of the day I still miss my Technics.
Mira Sabia
Hmm, why on earth would you want to downgrade to Technics if you have STR8-150's? Yes, 1200's were the industry standard for decades, but that in no way, shape, or form makes them the current best. Those 150's are in essence technics decks on steroids and it should be common knowledge they're superior in every way. Stanton basically waited for Technics' patent to run out, then replicated the design almost to a T. To improve, they gave it a higher torque motor, made the deck MUCH heavier (dampens vibrations better), in addititon to a plethora of other random features (reverse, start/stop speed adjust, etc.). The fact that it also adds line and digital outs alone make it worth it's weight in gold. There's no better DJ TT on the market, period...may wanna read up on your gear a little more before doing something rash like that.
Edwina Fagel
Love the Mumfords first record on the wall, nice setup.

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy