Dorm room setup

Dorm room setup
Posted on: 06.01.2013 by Alphonso Deitchman
S4 is off for repair (again!). Might upgrade the little DJM to a 900NXS at some point, or possibly pick up the DJM T1 for a nice portable Traktor all-in-one.

Current Setup:
-CDJ 2000s in HID with Traktor
-DJM 250
-Sennheiser HD25s

Other gear:
-Crane Stand Pro
-Maschine Mk1
-Kontrol X1
-Kontrol S4
-Gator G Club Control bag
-Macbook Air

Now to practice beatmatching..
Alphonso Deitchman
S4 is off for repair (again!). Might upgrade the little DJM to a 900NXS at some point, or possibly pick up the DJM T1 for a nice portable Traktor all-in-one.

Current Setup:
-CDJ 2000s in HID with Traktor
-DJM 250
-Sennheiser HD25s

Other gear:
-Crane Stand Pro
-Maschine Mk1
-Kontrol X1
-Kontrol S4
-Gator G Club Control bag
-Macbook Air

Now to practice beatmatching..
Ming Devis
Yeah my friend bought the DJM 250 and I was impressed with the quality.
Alphonso Deitchman
HID is almost there with Traktor, the BPM is a little odd in that it often shows 129._ (blank) when Traktor shows 130.00, and you don't get quite as much track info in the Browse window as you do when using Rekordbox files.

The faders are very accurate and you can adjust BPM by as little as 0.02 if you're careful, and the +6/10/16/100 selection works just the same as in standard CDJ mode.
You do get a small deadzone near the center of the tempo fader in Traktor that you don't get otherwise which helps with getting back to 0%.

The Vinyl Touch/Release and Reverse features don't work in Traktor but you can map these controls to do something else, eg Flux. Setup is pretty simple and the latency is really low, with 256 samples I get an overall latency of 5.8ms.
When using my Windows desktop Traktor seems to crash when a CDJ is turned off while being used as the sound card, hopefully that'll be fixed soon.

The DJM 250 is a great 2 channel mixer with plenty of inputs and nice layout. Full EQ+Trim kills are handy.
I'm not sure how the Filter compares with other Pioneers but it doesn't quite cut out all of the midrange + high/low respectively when turned fully right or left.
The channel faders have very little resistance which some may dislike, but I prefer them to the ones on the S4. You get plenty of volume from the Phones and Main outs and the sound quality seems great through my HD25s. Great little mixer for the price!
Rosario Whitington
Nice setup, how do you find the djm 250?
Nevada Edgette
Great setup. How you liking the HID with the 2000's?
Arla Seniw
Nice set up.

A lot of money to have in a dorm room.

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy