Game Of Life's setup(s)

Game Of Life's setup(s)
Posted on: 08.01.2013 by Yee Nuding
Long time lurker first time poster.

I don't have a lot of pictures from back when I first started. When I first started I didn't believe there were any clubs where I lived that played EDM. But there were a lot of DJs I really enjoyed so I bought an M-Audio X-Session Pro and 49 key keyboard with some best buy gift cards I had and I started to mix music in Torq 1.0. Later I discovered MixMeister through a video broadcast and learned a lot of my technical understanding of mixing from that(At this point I still had no idea how to learn to DJ as I didn't know anyone).

I ended up adding a few things along the way like the NanoKontrol and the NanoPad and I got a really good deal on an Alesis iPod Dock mixer. I ended up getting into Ableton so I picked up a Launchpad too. At this point I started to DJ out of Ableton.

I also picked up one of these old things off of craigslist and fixed it to use for getting some unique sounds... And I never used it once...

I finally discovered EDM music in my city! I started to promote one of the evening s and discovered there were actually quite a few people here into EDM. I finally got my first gig. I ended up using the Nano's, the Launchpad and the XSession with the intention of using Ableton and last minute I lost confidence and went back to MixMeister. Which doesn't surprise me now as I hadn't been DJing for a full year at that point.

I had a laptop failure using Ableton a year later later and I borrowed a friends G4 Mac Laptop whatever they were called and I started to have doubts about Ableton. I bought one of these used at a music-go-round.

And then I returned it a weekend later. It wasn't really that bad... I just figured my money would be better spent elsewhere. After that though I gave up on Ableton completely and started to just bring USB drives to gigs and play off other peoples gear. Which was fantastic when I told the guy at Mozaik I had never used a CDJ before. The look on his face was priceless and I had a rudimentary understanding of how they worked and I did fine. Mixing by ear isn't that hard so I really have never understood the sync button debate from either side(nor do I care to now).

Anyways I saw a Mixdeck Universal iPod Dock at a huge hotel event and decided that I wanted one of those because I could use it with Traktor which I was convinced was the software for me. But they were completely sold out everywhere.

I then stopped DJing for about 2 years completely in order to take a break so I would have time to get completely shit faced every day and ruin my entire life. Every once in a while I would open MixMeister and throw something together just to scratch the itch. The itch outgrew the scratch. So on black Friday I went out to SamAsh and bought a Mixdeck Quad(iPod Dock Free) with exactly no research on the modern state of DJing... So when I discovered Traktor remix decks which had not existed when I DJed last I was so happy because thats exactly how I wanted everything to work. So I added 2 Kontrol F1s and a NanoKontrol 2 for the FX section. Plus a FZGSMIXDECKGTBL and some NPMK5 monitors.

So yep probably more money than sense but oh well...

P.S. I like to add iPod Dock to the name of everything that has an iPod Dock to remind everyone how fucking stupid that era of musical gear was.
Yee Nuding
Long time lurker first time poster.

I don't have a lot of pictures from back when I first started. When I first started I didn't believe there were any clubs where I lived that played EDM. But there were a lot of DJs I really enjoyed so I bought an M-Audio X-Session Pro and 49 key keyboard with some best buy gift cards I had and I started to mix music in Torq 1.0. Later I discovered MixMeister through a video broadcast and learned a lot of my technical understanding of mixing from that(At this point I still had no idea how to learn to DJ as I didn't know anyone).

I ended up adding a few things along the way like the NanoKontrol and the NanoPad and I got a really good deal on an Alesis iPod Dock mixer. I ended up getting into Ableton so I picked up a Launchpad too. At this point I started to DJ out of Ableton.

I also picked up one of these old things off of craigslist and fixed it to use for getting some unique sounds... And I never used it once...

I finally discovered EDM music in my city! I started to promote one of the evening s and discovered there were actually quite a few people here into EDM. I finally got my first gig. I ended up using the Nano's, the Launchpad and the XSession with the intention of using Ableton and last minute I lost confidence and went back to MixMeister. Which doesn't surprise me now as I hadn't been DJing for a full year at that point.

I had a laptop failure using Ableton a year later later and I borrowed a friends G4 Mac Laptop whatever they were called and I started to have doubts about Ableton. I bought one of these used at a music-go-round.

And then I returned it a weekend later. It wasn't really that bad... I just figured my money would be better spent elsewhere. After that though I gave up on Ableton completely and started to just bring USB drives to gigs and play off other peoples gear. Which was fantastic when I told the guy at Mozaik I had never used a CDJ before. The look on his face was priceless and I had a rudimentary understanding of how they worked and I did fine. Mixing by ear isn't that hard so I really have never understood the sync button debate from either side(nor do I care to now).

Anyways I saw a Mixdeck Universal iPod Dock at a huge hotel event and decided that I wanted one of those because I could use it with Traktor which I was convinced was the software for me. But they were completely sold out everywhere.

I then stopped DJing for about 2 years completely in order to take a break so I would have time to get completely shit faced every day and ruin my entire life. Every once in a while I would open MixMeister and throw something together just to scratch the itch. The itch outgrew the scratch. So on black Friday I went out to SamAsh and bought a Mixdeck Quad(iPod Dock Free) with exactly no research on the modern state of DJing... So when I discovered Traktor remix decks which had not existed when I DJed last I was so happy because thats exactly how I wanted everything to work. So I added 2 Kontrol F1s and a NanoKontrol 2 for the FX section. Plus a FZGSMIXDECKGTBL and some NPMK5 monitors.

So yep probably more money than sense but oh well...

P.S. I like to add iPod Dock to the name of everything that has an iPod Dock to remind everyone how fucking stupid that era of musical gear was.
Yee Nuding
Ha! Took me a second to get that... More like a John Conway lawsuit.

I used to use DJ Oran but some other DJ already owns that domain and I don't really care for the name anymore.
Ervin Calvery
Welcome!

Hasbro Lawsuit Pending?

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy