Geek's humble setup

Geek's humble setup
Posted on: 06.01.2013 by Syreeta Stockam
Used to do Dj-stuff about -85 to round -02 and for some reason stopped. Got lured to a "one time only reunion"-gig last summer and bought a mixtrack and traktor for that. After that things escaleted "a little"... (Been there?)

So it's a basic Traktor and Ableton-setup, usually don't use the crappy midi-sync between them and surprisingly to myself for the most part manually beatmatch tracks and apps to each other. Very new to everything so it's a lot of learning by mistake but getting there, not fast, but getting there.

Basicly just a few things missing, a keyboard and deck's, very curious on ways to incorporate some vinyl-stuff in the digital world and also to play around with timecode.

Just for the fun, here's some artistic shit for You

Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live, NI Audio10, DDM4000, X1, F1, APC40, Tube Pre for SC400 mic and so on.
Marybeth Viscione
Originally Posted by Geek
The Apple logo is there just to piss the fanboys off I do own an iphone, and it has a Windows 7 sticker slapped on back
Hahaha! Nice one Geek!
Syreeta Stockam
Used to do Dj-stuff about -85 to round -02 and for some reason stopped. Got lured to a "one time only reunion"-gig last summer and bought a mixtrack and traktor for that. After that things escaleted "a little"... (Been there?)

So it's a basic Traktor and Ableton-setup, usually don't use the crappy midi-sync between them and surprisingly to myself for the most part manually beatmatch tracks and apps to each other. Very new to everything so it's a lot of learning by mistake but getting there, not fast, but getting there.

Basicly just a few things missing, a keyboard and deck's, very curious on ways to incorporate some vinyl-stuff in the digital world and also to play around with timecode.

Just for the fun, here's some artistic shit for You

Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live, NI Audio10, DDM4000, X1, F1, APC40, Tube Pre for SC400 mic and so on.
Syreeta Stockam
Manual sync, i see no reason (at the moment) to route audio through ableton. Traktors effects are good enough for what I use them.
Gaylord Lomerson
Can you do a loop in traktor on Deck A (for exemple), and put it on ableton?
Do you use one channel on Ableton for Traktor? Or just use manually synch?
Syreeta Stockam
Yes, I can use all 4 decks in Traktor and everything in Ableton at once. Also, all effects can be used at the same time, alltho I don't have enough hands & fingers to that...

I'm usually jumping between both apps, many times a loop in traktor or ableton and filling it up with various things from one or the other. Sometimes of course only one app outputting. Depends on the feeling and moment,
Gaylord Lomerson
Very good setup!
i have a Kontrol S2 + Traktor. I have Ableton too, but i search a midi controler for use it. I believe the better is APC40, like you.
But i'm not very sure that the synch traktor+Ableton will be very sure (i try it already dont not very good)
So i would like to know, how do you use traktor and Aleton? manually synch isn't to hard (can you use effects+remix deck+ableton synch in same time??)
Marybeth Viscione
Originally Posted by Geek
The Apple logo is there just to piss the fanboys off I do own an iphone, and it has a Windows 7 sticker slapped on back
Hahaha! Nice one Geek!
Syreeta Stockam
Traktor's deck C and Ableton are on same channel in Audio10 and setup works very well. (Yes, external mixing, output A to main speakers and B for "booth") I wanted to use external mixing right from the start since there's deck's coming in some point back to my setup. Mic is for babbling obscenities when I'm broadcasting.
Glendora Demeza
What are you using the mic for?
Margaretta Hebenstreit
really nice setup.
i guess ableton is running into one of the mixers channels, but you also use 4 channels in traktor and from the looks are mixing externally. how does that work? just curious, because i seem to be running out of channels on my mixer (after having added a maschine and send/return effects).
Syreeta Stockam

The tonearm-poster is not an poster, it's actually a oil-painting and i simply love it. Available very affordably in ebay. (Seller is something like "bestpaintingforyou")

I do some internet-radioshows, very randomlu and for a small bunch of friends, especially now when I'm still learning this digital-age dj'ing
Emerson Crist
Love that technics tone arm poster, where'd you get it if I may ask?

Sweet setup btw, do you do radio shows?
Marybeth Viscione
Did you put an Apple logo on youre Thinkpad? Lol!

Great setup Geek!

Cheers.
Syreeta Stockam
It's been solid for home-use. Wouldn't drag it through any gig's in clubs or mobile-gigs, physically it's simply not that strongly built. (Not badly built, just weak) For example pot's shaft's are plastic not metal and so on.

Soundwise it's relatively good, effects are somewhat good with almost adequate sound quality. what I like most is that it's very versatile, almost anything is configurable in setup.

MIDI-setup is solid, works very well. Had an issue when pressing multiple buttons at the same time but turned out to be a midi-inbterface not DDM's fault.

Extremely great value for the money

It suits me.
Rubye Feicht
How are you liking the DDM 4000? I hear it's the only good mixer behringer has ever made.
Werner Bile
very nice.
Syreeta Stockam
it my old workhorse, Thinkpad T61 with X9000 CPU and 8Gb memory and SSD. Running Win 7 64-bit with very solid function. I use a docking-station for the displays and all the USB's, don't need any USB-hubs. (yet)
Elvin Auda
sweet man what laptop are you using
Tatum Ansaldo
I believe most people here understand gear escalation... We call it Rapid Gear Acquisition Syndrome (RGAS). I like the look of your room!

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy