Gonzo Petes Setup.

Gonzo Petes Setup.
Posted on: 29.11.2011 by Raelene Paltz
Hey guys,
I just love "show your setup" community s. Theres something technologically voyeuristic about them.
Anyway I'd like to present the progress of my own little slice of DJ life.

I have been mixing since around the turn of the century (wow that makes me sound pretty experienced eh hehe)
I started with the cheapest and nastiest set of Numark belt drives, then bought some Numark DD's before finally getting my 1200's. Added to that a DJM 500, JBL EON 1500's and I was all set.
Once I had acquired what was then, my ideal setup, I decided, in my nativity that It was time to lay it to rest and focus on the mundane, bills, rent etc etc yawn yawn.
Selling my 1200's was the biggest mistake I ever made and I urge anyone considering doing the same, for whatever reason, to not make the same mistake I did

Anyway moving on a few years, having a kiddy and settling down, I still had that little voice inside urging me to come back to mixing.
I managed to score a pair of Technics 1200's with 2 Ortofon Elektro Concordes and 2 Nightclub S Concordes for
Raelene Paltz
A little bit of a bump to announce that due to an impending need for another nursery this deck stand / console is now FOR SALE

I built this deckstand myself out of quality materials. The wooden top is American Redwood if I remember correctly. The lower shelf is 1.5" thick pine. All of the cladding is pine and so it the majority of the structure.

It has twin hinged cable tidy flaps to keep you cables out of sight and also feed down to the plugs.

It has a laptop bracket with an directional LED light underneath. Along with Blue LED strip lighting underneath the laptop bracket and under the speakers.
There are further Blue LEDs that light up the record shelf, cable tidy flaps and along the bottom of the stand.

It has a 4x2 3-pin sockets (8 plugs in all) all running from a chrome master switch and fed from a single plug on around 3-4m of cable.

There is dual mount points for the amplifier and dual mounting posts for the speakers.

It is extremely strong and sturdy and very heavy.

The speakers and amp can come as part of the package and would be ideal for any buyer as the speakers have been mounted on industrial grade rubber tiles to isolate the base and help with needle tracking and resonance on the turntables.

The speakers are JBL Control 10's. Very rare and sought after. One has had a woofer replaced with a genuine (more powerful) JBL unit.

The amplifier is a Vestax DJ6000M. Also extremely rare. you WON'T find another for sale anywhere.

Viewing is highly recommended. You will need a transit at the very least to pick this up.

Price as a package with amp & speakers
Raelene Paltz
A little bit of a bump to announce that due to an impending need for another nursery this deck stand / console is now FOR SALE

I built this deckstand myself out of quality materials. The wooden top is American Redwood if I remember correctly. The lower shelf is 1.5" thick pine. All of the cladding is pine and so it the majority of the structure.

It has twin hinged cable tidy flaps to keep you cables out of sight and also feed down to the plugs.

It has a laptop bracket with an directional LED light underneath. Along with Blue LED strip lighting underneath the laptop bracket and under the speakers.
There are further Blue LEDs that light up the record shelf, cable tidy flaps and along the bottom of the stand.

It has a 4x2 3-pin sockets (8 plugs in all) all running from a chrome master switch and fed from a single plug on around 3-4m of cable.

There is dual mount points for the amplifier and dual mounting posts for the speakers.

The speakers and amp can come as part of the package and would be ideal for any buyer as the speakers have been mounted on industrial grade rubber tiles to isolate the base and help with needle tracking and resonance on the turntables.

The speakers are JBL Control 10's. Very rare and sought after. One has had a woofer replaced with a genuine (more powerful) JBL unit.

The amplifier is a Vestax DJ6000M. Also extremely rare. you WON'T find another for sale anywhere.

Viewing is highly recommended. You will need a transit at the very least to pick this up.

Raelene Paltz

Raelene Paltz

Annalisa Shogren
Originally Posted by gonzo.pete
Thanks mate. Alas one "baby" must make way for another.
The 1200's are actually long gone now as I got on so well with the EKS OTUS that I bought another. The DJM500 has been retired to make way for an 850. Still got the Akai though.

At least no matter what happens I'll always have the photos-LOL
I want picture of your new setup. You could make quite a compact one out of that surely?
Raelene Paltz

Raelene Paltz
Originally Posted by heretic
Very nice!
Thats my favorite stand... really!

Cheers!
Thank you
Raelene Paltz
Originally Posted by MrPopinjay
That's probably the nicest booth I've seen on here in ages
ah Monsieur viv zeeze words you are really spoiling me

Thanks very much mate
Raelene Paltz
I'll add one to the gallery. Although it'll be a mobile shot as that's how I mix most these days.
Annalisa Shogren
Originally Posted by gonzo.pete
The 1200's are actually long gone now as I got on so well with the EKS OTUS that I bought another. The DJM500 has been retired to make way for an 850. Still got the Akai though.

I want picture of your new setup. You could make quite a compact one out of that surely?
Raelene Paltz

Annalisa Shogren
Best looking setup I've seen in a while. Really really like this.

Shame about the nursery though...
Raelene Paltz

Raelene Paltz
Originally Posted by heretic
Very nice!

Cheers!
Thank you
Shenna Carlos
Very nice!

Cheers!
Raelene Paltz
A Brief History of Mine

Play on words of a great book
Kiyoko Wellisch
What was it before?
Raelene Paltz
Ah what happened to my thread title, I was proud of that one
Raelene Paltz
Originally Posted by MrPopinjay
ah Monsieur viv zeeze words you are really spoiling me

Thanks very much mate
Kiyoko Wellisch
Raelene Paltz
Thanks guys, the stand really is my pride and joy. It was great to finish but I'm always a bit disappointed in the sense that I enjoy the actual building of these things, so I'm always looking for the next project

Oh and Kooper1980 I would thoroughly recommend the OTUS. I've got some sweet mapping if you decide to run with it, give me a shout.
Judi Sissel
Great work on the stand! Impressive!!
Kristofer Krauel
Very nice set up man! You must be massively proud of that deck stand!! Must have been some feeling when you'd finished it!!

Tempted by the OTUS myself since seeing the HTFR deal!!
Raelene Paltz
Originally Posted by Will_D
Nice setup. Love the lack of cable visability.
Thank you
I hate wires and cables sticking out everywhere so hiding them was high on the list of criteria, tie wraps became my new best friend
Marybelle Ver
Nice setup. Love the lack of cable visability.
Raelene Paltz
Originally Posted by earl panda
i like the way you attached the audio 4.
Audio 6 and thanks. I used a speaker wall bracket. There are loads of ways to do brackets and stands on the cheap without resorting to the inflated prices for branded holders etc.
I wanted to keep the Soundcard away from any potential interference.

Originally Posted by Patch
That is a really nice set-up, mate. Look forward to seeing the modded 1200's.
Cheers. Unfortunately it means I'll be without my decks for 2-4 weeks but well worth it. Watch this space
Brunilda Kora
That is a really nice set-up, mate. Look forward to seeing the modded 1200's.
Matt Kane
i like the way you attached the audio 4.
Raelene Paltz
Originally Posted by Coldfuzion
The lights at the bottom are pretty cool!
Thanks. I got them from B & Q. There indoor/outdoor LED spot lights.
I got a bit carried away with the lights up top. I used self-adhesive LED strips, its very versatile stuff.
I like LED's
Carlee Pickard
The lights at the bottom are pretty cool!

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy