Louis Chancellor's Setup

Louis Chancellor's Setup
Posted on: 17.07.2012 by Evie Baghdasarian
Hey guys and girls, I've been on the site for a few years now, but never showed any of the gear I play with. So I thought it was enough of that, so here is a few pics of the progression of my setup. Its nothing really special, and certainly nothing that most of you haven't seen before, but its about time I show off some of my gear.

Firstly, I started off with a Numark Total Control and Cue (VDJ). It was a good start for the first year or so.

IMG_0039.jpg

From there I made the move to Traktor and bought myself a set of Stanton T 80 tables, a Pioneer DJM 600, and an NI X1. I did like this setup, but money issues came up and I sold everything except the X1 to cover some bills.

IMG_0183.jpg

When I had a little cash back in my pocket, the S2 went on sale which was great. So my setup grew to the S2 along side my X1 which was great to get back to spinning on after a little while off.

IMG_0659.jpg

And last week I traded a guy a Scotty Cameron Putter which I bought for $60 two days prior for another set of Stanton T-80's, 4 Traktor control vinyls, needles and carts', rca's and original dust covers and boxes. Im not a Stanton TT fan boy or anything, but both times I picked up these model decks they have been great deals. The new set is much better then the first, as the BPM will only flutter a max of 0.03 BPM up or down. throughout a whole track. So far I'm really happy with these guys and can't wait to get some more time on them
So the latest setup consists of a set of Stanton T-80's, S2, X1, A6, and Sony MDR V-700's

IMG_0827.jpgIMG_0829.jpg
Evie Baghdasarian
Originally Posted by HigherFi
White timecodes sound soooo much better. It's all I use.
I hope you are being facetious with that comment.
Evie Baghdasarian
I just graduated from university and decided to buy myself a little present for all the hard work. I picked myself up a really nice, clean set of black 1200 mk2's and new Shure m44-7's. The tables are close to mint, and everything is original except one has had the RCA's replaced. The tables play great and don't need any work done. They feel quite different then my previous decks and will take a bit of time to get used to. I'm very happy with the transaction and feel I have a pretty perfect setup now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357850383.285662.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357850414.718643.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357850434.423994.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357850450.519938.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357850467.517488.jpg
Evie Baghdasarian
Originally Posted by humanafterall
Nice setup! How do you find the T.80s? A second hand pair just came up on the internet which I'm believeing about.
I really dig them. Now I mostly spin techno and tech house, so im doing longer blends and the wow and flutter isnt all the much so they stay on point pretty well. I do not do any scratching or stuff of that nature so I do not know how they perform in that respect. I got mine in original packaging with needs and carts for $65 so im damn pleased with their performance for that kind of investment.
Evie Baghdasarian
And a few pics of it all lit up.

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg
Evie Baghdasarian
Added a second X1 to my setup a little while ago. Now I believe I am finally done adding to my setup for a long while.

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg
Evie Baghdasarian
Update time......

With the turntables I felt i wasn't really utilizing much of what the S2 had to offer, and wanted to go to something a little more traditional. I found a smoking deal for a Xone 32 in great condition, so I sold my S2, bought the Xone 32 and pocketed the extra $50. I got it all hooked up and running this afternoon and I must say I am happy with my purchase thus far. I never had my hands on a Xone before this, but it seems many people hold these mixers in high regard so I figured I would give it a shot.

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg
Evie Baghdasarian
Hey guys and girls, I've been on the site for a few years now, but never showed any of the gear I play with. So I thought it was enough of that, so here is a few pics of the progression of my setup. Its nothing really special, and certainly nothing that most of you haven't seen before, but its about time I show off some of my gear.

Firstly, I started off with a Numark Total Control and Cue (VDJ). It was a good start for the first year or so.

IMG_0039.jpg

From there I made the move to Traktor and bought myself a set of Stanton T 80 tables, a Pioneer DJM 600, and an NI X1. I did like this setup, but money issues came up and I sold everything except the X1 to cover some bills.

IMG_0183.jpg

When I had a little cash back in my pocket, the S2 went on sale which was great. So my setup grew to the S2 along side my X1 which was great to get back to spinning on after a little while off.

IMG_0659.jpg

And last week I traded a guy a Scotty Cameron Putter which I bought for $60 two days prior for another set of Stanton T-80's, 4 Traktor control vinyls, needles and carts', rca's and original dust covers and boxes. Im not a Stanton TT fan boy or anything, but both times I picked up these model decks they have been great deals. The new set is much better then the first, as the BPM will only flutter a max of 0.03 BPM up or down. throughout a whole track. So far I'm really happy with these guys and can't wait to get some more time on them
So the latest setup consists of a set of Stanton T-80's, S2, X1, A6, and Sony MDR V-700's

IMG_0827.jpgIMG_0829.jpg
Evie Baghdasarian
They are pretty sexy. I have black ones and they never get used. I must be a racist or something lol.
Shan Bauerly
What... It's true! Just ask anyone who's seen em! Lol.
Evie Baghdasarian
Originally Posted by HigherFi
I hope you are being facetious with that comment.
Shan Bauerly
Evie Baghdasarian
I just graduated from university and decided to buy myself a little present for all the hard work. I picked myself up a really nice, clean set of black 1200 mk2's and new Shure m44-7's. The tables are close to mint, and everything is original except one has had the RCA's replaced. The tables play great and don't need any work done. They feel quite different then my previous decks and will take a bit of time to get used to. I'm very happy with the transaction and feel I have a pretty perfect setup now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357850383.285662.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357850414.718643.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357850434.423994.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357850450.519938.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357850467.517488.jpg
Kerri Overholtz
bump nice clean setup
Evie Baghdasarian
I am going to selfishly bump this up in hopes of maybe getting nominated for the Show Your Setup Competition. I know its not a winner, but it would be nice to have my rig nominated.
Evie Baghdasarian
Originally Posted by humanafterall
Nice setup! How do you find the T.80s? A second hand pair just came up on the internet which I'm believeing about.
I really dig them. Now I mostly spin techno and tech house, so im doing longer blends and the wow and flutter isnt all the much so they stay on point pretty well. I do not do any scratching or stuff of that nature so I do not know how they perform in that respect. I got mine in original packaging with needs and carts for $65 so im damn pleased with their performance for that kind of investment.
Sau Fassl
Evie Baghdasarian
And a few pics of it all lit up.

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg
Evie Baghdasarian
Added a second X1 to my setup a little while ago. Now I believe I am finally done adding to my setup for a long while.

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg
Daniele Gladys
dont see thazt mixer to often, its looking great man and nice progress
Ossie Pooley
I really like it man!
Noriko Lebowitz
Awesome!
Evie Baghdasarian
Update time......

With the turntables I felt i wasn't really utilizing much of what the S2 had to offer, and wanted to go to something a little more traditional. I found a smoking deal for a Xone 32 in great condition, so I sold my S2, bought the Xone 32 and pocketed the extra $50. I got it all hooked up and running this afternoon and I must say I am happy with my purchase thus far. I never had my hands on a Xone before this, but it seems many people hold these mixers in high regard so I figured I would give it a shot.

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg
Evie Baghdasarian
Thanks for the kind words on my modest little setup. The desk is a regular Ikea glass table/desk which I bought to use for school but as you can see no books will fit on the table anymore. I can't study at home with all the distractions so I go to the library now a days anyhow. The stands are QuikLok, I purchased them from Moog Audio here in Toronto on Queen street. Their site is moogaudio.com. It would be nice if they came up a bit higher, but they do swivel, seem sturdy enough, and for $50 for the pair they were a great grab.
Kandi Odom
Really nice!!!!!!
Chrissy Kynard
I hear Stanton TT's are great for the price; good to see there is a decent alternative to Technics still kicking around. Nice setup; the desk is quite sleek. What are you using for the monitor stands?

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy