DaveTheOne Setup

DaveTheOne Setup
Posted on: 22.01.2013 by Tawanna Wopat
Hello All.
My current setup.

Tawanna Wopat
Originally Posted by spadenation
holy mother have enough apple peripherals?
Yeah theres more; I have an apple xpress (wireless router) on the other side of the house and Apple TV and an Ipad 2, 2 iphone 4's a 4S and a 5. We're an Apple family.

Originally Posted by davoh
You literally have my dream set up minus the vinyl!
It's a bit cluttered; The Apc 40 is a little too big. Before the Apc 40 arrived I had the Mpd 32 on the laptop stand and everything fit and felt just right. Once I got the Apc it just didn't fit anywhere. There are other solutions but I need a bigger room; there are additional swiveling panels that will fit gear on the side vertical rails but I don't have room on either side in this small space.
Katelyn Hoctor
Originally Posted by botstein
Welcome! I like the positioning of the Axiom! (I had a some bad times with M-Audio).

Why two copies of Pro Tools?
I belief looking at the screen shots its actually logic on one and ableton on the other and no copies of protools at all.

My issue would be why 2 mac minis

But have just noticed the 2 avid boxes on the shelf I'm guessing logic was an App Store download rather than boxed version?
Tawanna Wopat
Welcome! I like the positioning of the Axiom! (I had a some bad times with M-Audio).

Actually one is protools the other is media composer.

Really? Bad times with M-audio? This particular controller is actually phenomenal with Reason and with Pro Tools. The mapping for Ableton Live is great too; it did take a while to learn to program it to specifically control everything in Pro Tools (faders, grouped faders, Virtual Instruments and custom mapping) There was a bald guy at digidesign; I believe his name was phil jackson (like the coach from the bulls) that had videos on the M-audio website that helped me with it. That guy was a god; even his pro tools tips videos (can be found on youtube) were amazing! Watch this

And this one

He was the man before they let him go....
Tawanna Wopat
Hello All.
My current setup.

Tawanna Wopat
Originally Posted by spadenation
Yeah theres more; I have an apple xpress (wireless router) on the other side of the house and Apple TV and an Ipad 2, 2 iphone 4's a 4S and a 5. We're an Apple family.

Originally Posted by davoh
It's a bit cluttered; The Apc 40 is a little too big. Before the Apc 40 arrived I had the Mpd 32 on the laptop stand and everything fit and felt just right. Once I got the Apc it just didn't fit anywhere. There are other solutions but I need a bigger room; there are additional swiveling panels that will fit gear on the side vertical rails but I don't have room on either side in this small space.
Antoinette Harbst
Corie Murtagh
Tawanna Wopat
Ok I'll try to answer again; my first reply didn't go through; One box is actually Avid Media Composer 6.

I've had incredible experiences with the Axiom Pro 49 and hypercontrol; especially with pro tools, reason and ableton live. The workflow with pro tools is simply amazing. I've had the M-audio Firewire Solo since it was released and it still serves me well. If you can snap up an axiom pro I highly recommend; look for Phil Jacksons (former avid employee) pro tools accelerated videos as well as his axiom pro programming videos. This guys videos were legendary.

I don't have 2 mac mini's; One is a mac mini and one is an airport extreme (router) The mini tank to the left of the workstation is a hackintosh I7 quadcore 2.66 with 16gb Ram.

I have a poor eye when it comes to pictures (and I own an canon eos 5d mark III) so i'm not quite sure how the picture was improved but Thank You!

PS
I know I need a real chair/chairs, I haven't found one that is stylish and comfortable yet.
Latoria Kavulich
Welcome! Impressive setup, fixed the pic for ya so it looks even better
Katelyn Hoctor

I belief looking at the screen shots its actually logic on one and ableton on the other and no copies of protools at all.

My issue would be why 2 mac minis

But have just noticed the 2 avid boxes on the shelf I'm guessing logic was an App Store download rather than boxed version?
Tawanna Wopat

Actually one is protools the other is media composer.

Really? Bad times with M-audio? This particular controller is actually phenomenal with Reason and with Pro Tools. The mapping for Ableton Live is great too; it did take a while to learn to program it to specifically control everything in Pro Tools (faders, grouped faders, Virtual Instruments and custom mapping) There was a bald guy at digidesign; I believe his name was phil jackson (like the coach from the bulls) that had videos on the M-audio website that helped me with it. That guy was a god; even his pro tools tips videos (can be found on youtube) were amazing! Watch this

And this one

He was the man before they let him go....
Ervin Calvery

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy