Daw-z's Setup

Daw-z's Setup
Posted on: 22.01.2013 by Deeanna Gripshover
Here is a little history about my DJ Setup.

Started learning to mix when some friends at school bought some Numark turntables and got really into the UK Garage scene playing on some underground pirate radio stations, I was around 15 at the time. That was back in 1996-2000. Life got in the way and between 2000 and 2005 I didn't really touch any turntables until a bunch of us moved in together and one of the guys had a pair of 1200's, that's when I fell in love all over again!!

I then met my now wife and moved out leaving the 1200's behind and unfortunately couldn't afford to buy turntables of my own.

Around the end of 2008 I saw a video of Ean on a Korg Nanopad and thought that is what I need in my life!! Bought it and then bought the VCI 100 SE Arcade after saving hard and building up a digital collection which is way easier and cheaper than vinyl (but not as fun as I soon learnt)

First digital setup

Added a MBP

The friend I used to live with gave me his mint 1200's and his UK garage vinyl collection as he had lost interest (very lucky I know) so I bought a Korg Zero 4 off this community

Liked the Zero 4 but it was more than I needed so traded it for a DJM 400 plus cash and then bought an X1, Audio 6 and finally got rid of computer speakers and bought some KRK Rokit 6's.

Loved the simplicity of this setup and really enjoyed using the DJM 400.

Saw a great deal on here for a 909 and as I'd always wanted to learn to scratch I had to have it!! Who wouldn't want Jazzy Jeff's mixer of choice??

That's where I'm at right now and very happy!!
Deeanna Gripshover
Here is a little history about my DJ Setup.

Started learning to mix when some friends at school bought some Numark turntables and got really into the UK Garage scene playing on some underground pirate radio stations, I was around 15 at the time. That was back in 1996-2000. Life got in the way and between 2000 and 2005 I didn't really touch any turntables until a bunch of us moved in together and one of the guys had a pair of 1200's, that's when I fell in love all over again!!

I then met my now wife and moved out leaving the 1200's behind and unfortunately couldn't afford to buy turntables of my own.

Around the end of 2008 I saw a video of Ean on a Korg Nanopad and thought that is what I need in my life!! Bought it and then bought the VCI 100 SE Arcade after saving hard and building up a digital collection which is way easier and cheaper than vinyl (but not as fun as I soon learnt)

First digital setup

Added a MBP

The friend I used to live with gave me his mint 1200's and his UK garage vinyl collection as he had lost interest (very lucky I know) so I bought a Korg Zero 4 off this community

Liked the Zero 4 but it was more than I needed so traded it for a DJM 400 plus cash and then bought an X1, Audio 6 and finally got rid of computer speakers and bought some KRK Rokit 6's.

Loved the simplicity of this setup and really enjoyed using the DJM 400.

Saw a great deal on here for a 909 and as I'd always wanted to learn to scratch I had to have it!! Who wouldn't want Jazzy Jeff's mixer of choice??

That's where I'm at right now and very happy!!
Deeanna Gripshover
Cheers mate, appreciated.
Colene Scaglia
Edit the post, then change editor mode (first button with a/A) and then click on picture and choose size.
Deeanna Gripshover
Is there anyway to make the pictures appear full size?
Deeanna Gripshover
Only just noticed that, had been moving them around and hadn't put them back properly. All sorted now.
Corey Ganer
Cool story, but you have to do something about the right tt hanging off the table...

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy