my setup. need help finding somewhere for my 3d.to go

Home :: What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup. :: my setup. need help finding somewhere for my 3d.to goReply
my setup. need help finding somewhere for my 3d.to go
Posted on: 04.02.2013 by Marybeth Vengoechea
This is my current setup. S4, imac and my newly restored sl1210s with gloss black painted tops and 1200 pitch slider stickers. Problem is space is limited and I need to put my mf3d somewhere. Ideas please?

Jeffrey Akinsanya
Originally Posted by nobbycossie
just read the instructions for use on this thread and realised that my title should be Nobbycossie's set-up. I can't seem to change the title can a moderator do it for me please

Cheers

PS Off shopping tomorrow will hopefully find something!!
go back to the first post then click
go advanced
Werner Bile
Here's what I ended up doing:
midifighter.jpg

using this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OI7BO2

edit: forgot the coolest thing about it, it can retract to this:
mf3s2.jpg
Marybeth Vengoechea
Originally Posted by antifmradio
true but not too cost effective
thats why i mentioned the cut of wood. Simple, maybe $10 worth of parts.

Give me a couple hours
when i get home ill photoshop a Desktop elevated at that level....... just because i want to see what it looks like HAHAHHA
That would be good
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by DurtyEnglish
just buy a one of the laptop stands , there are multiple vairations of them that can hold laptops plus MF's and F1's and X1's they range anywhere from 30 - 150 $ look on amazon they have a lot, and any music store that sells dj gear , then you could just slide the stand under one of the technics, like have your MF floating to the right of your monitor ?
i was goiing to originally suggest something of the same however i realized that with the extra length (height) of the stand, it would add some substantial cantilever force to the bottom of the Turntable. In turn the turntable would start to vibrate at its feet more then it really should

but... thats just speculation and theory
Werner Bile
I've often thought about mounting my mf3d on something like this:
ball joint.jpg
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by fokaisnake
Maybe a crane stand just for the midifighter! Tucked under one of the TTs.

Give me a couple hours
when i get home ill photoshop a Desktop elevated at that level....... just because i want to see what it looks like HAHAHHA
Marybeth Vengoechea
why would you want him to find a new place to hold the desktop when its already tucked away under the desk?
Adding a crane with a desktop on it would only give him this giant object floating at eye level and still no additional place for the 3d wouldnt it?
I thought that too!

Nice to get ideas though
Libbie Orion
I know you're using a desktop, but maybe you could find some kind of laptop stand with a tray that could fit the MF3D on. Kind of like the trays on the Crane and Uber stands. The top of the stand that holds the laptop would have to be modified and reinforced with something to hold the desktop.
why would you want him to find a new place to hold the desktop when its already tucked away under the desk?
Adding a crane with a desktop on it would only give him this giant object floating at eye level and still no additional place for the 3d wouldnt it?
Marybeth Vengoechea
not a problem man
actually if you REALLY wanted to you can even come up with a PLANK of flat wood that fits completely under your LEFT SIDE turntable under each foot.
Let the wood be DEEPER then the depth of your table top
It wont tip over on your because the Turntable is holding it down.
You can rest the 3D on the extra length that is sticking out the front.

Instant table to use and you can isntantly take it away without having to mount it to something with screws
Funny you should say that. I also have a Launchpad and that sits nicely coming from underneath my 1210. You can still easily have access to the bottom 4 rows of buttons and is stable when it sits there.

I just really like the arcade buttons on my 3d.
Marybeth Vengoechea
I know you're using a desktop, but maybe you could find some kind of laptop stand with a tray that could fit the MF3D on. Kind of like the trays on the Crane and Uber stands. The top of the stand that holds the laptop would have to be modified and reinforced with something to hold the desktop.
A small crane style stand would be perfect, just can't find one to buy as yet! All the stands ive found are too big!
Marybeth Vengoechea
Originally Posted by boarderbas
Where did you get the slipmats?
I got them off ebay in the UK. Can't remember who exactly though
Jeffrey Akinsanya
Originally Posted by nobbycossie
just read the instructions for use on this thread and realised that my title should be Nobbycossie's set-up. I can't seem to change the title can a moderator do it for me please

Cheers

go back to the first post then click
go advanced
Marybeth Vengoechea

Cheers

Marybeth Vengoechea
Just found this. http://www.djanddiscostuff.com/stand...and-mount-p827
Might pop in at the weekend and see if I can adapt it for my needs. Ie cut the top down to size
Marybeth Vengoechea
I don't want to elevate my mac its too big and in your face as it is lol
Think I will look for some kind of monitor stand to elevate at the rear
Stanley Topoleski
they make monitor stands you can pick up, maybe find one used on craigslist. this will elevate your mac and give you space underneath for your 3d
Libbie Orion
awesome idea!
i never remered that mouse pad stand
nd. thats a really cool idea and i love it.
if im not mistaken its kinda turns sideways out of the way?
man i love that
Werner Bile
Here's what I ended up doing:
midifighter.jpg

using this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OI7BO2

edit: forgot the coolest thing about it, it can retract to this:
mf3s2.jpg
Marybeth Vengoechea

Give me a couple hours
That would be good
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by DurtyEnglish
just buy a one of the laptop stands , there are multiple vairations of them that can hold laptops plus MF's and F1's and X1's they range anywhere from 30 - 150 $ look on amazon they have a lot, and any music store that sells dj gear , then you could just slide the stand under one of the technics, like have your MF floating to the right of your monitor ?
i was goiing to originally suggest something of the same however i realized that with the extra length (height) of the stand, it would add some substantial cantilever force to the bottom of the Turntable. In turn the turntable would start to vibrate at its feet more then it really should

but... thats just speculation and theory
Mellisa Grecu
Werner Bile
I've often thought about mounting my mf3d on something like this:
ball joint.jpg
Libbie Orion

Give me a couple hours
Nevada Edgette
Nevada Edgette
Now that I believe about it, it would look kinda funny at that elevation.
Libbie Orion
its ok
somethings things get lost in translation
Marybeth Vengoechea
I thought that too!

Nice to get ideas though
Libbie Orion
Marybeth Vengoechea
not a problem man
actually if you REALLY wanted to you can even come up with a PLANK of flat wood that fits completely under your LEFT SIDE turntable under each foot.

Instant table to use and you can isntantly take it away without having to mount it to something with screws
Funny you should say that. I also have a Launchpad and that sits nicely coming from underneath my 1210. You can still easily have access to the bottom 4 rows of buttons and is stable when it sits there.

I just really like the arcade buttons on my 3d.
Marybeth Vengoechea
A small crane style stand would be perfect, just can't find one to buy as yet! All the stands ive found are too big!
Marybeth Vengoechea
Originally Posted by boarderbas
I got them off ebay in the UK. Can't remember who exactly though
Evia Nitch
Nevada Edgette
Libbie Orion
not a problem man

Marybeth Vengoechea
get a small piece of wood,
cover it with black material like a roadcase or speaker box material
Staple it to the wood if you have to along the back

goto the store and get a PIANO HINGE

cut your wood to about 2" larger then the width + depth of the MF3D

Wrap the carpeting around the wood
Screw the piano hinge along one SIDE of the wood
now screw the other side of the hinge to the front (CENTE) of the left side of your table
Basically its going to stick out in front of the LEFT TURN TABLE
You cant really put it in front of the records but you can put it in front of the BOTTLES correct?

Ok now you need one more thing, and for me on the next step, i used an old CAR antennae.

You need something with a slightly sharp end to prop up the "swing away shelf"
Find a skinny piece of metal or wood dowel and place its sharp end up under the shelf
(The carpeting will hold it in place)

Place the other end say into the LEFT CORNER of the shelf below it.
DSC_0009.jpg
Cheers, never thought of that! I wouldn't mind something elevated behind my 1210s but can't find anything
Libbie Orion
get a small piece of wood,
cover it with black material like a roadcase or speaker box material
Staple it to the wood if you have to along the back

goto the store and get a PIANO HINGE

cut your wood to about 2" larger then the width + depth of the MF3D

Wrap the carpeting around the wood
Screw the piano hinge along one SIDE of the wood
now screw the other side of the hinge to the front (CENTE) of the left side of your table
Basically its going to stick out in front of the LEFT TURN TABLE
You cant really put it in front of the records but you can put it in front of the BOTTLES correct?

Ok now you need one more thing, and for me on the next step, i used an old CAR antennae.

You need something with a slightly sharp end to prop up the "swing away shelf"
Find a skinny piece of metal or wood dowel and place its sharp end up under the shelf
(The carpeting will hold it in place)

Place the other end say into the LEFT CORNER of the shelf below it.
DSC_0009.jpg
Marybeth Vengoechea
Cheers Jester
Latoria Kavulich
And fixed your original post
Where to keep the 3D? In your hands rocking out son! lol
Marybeth Vengoechea
DSC_0010.jpgDSC_0009.jpg
Annalisa Shogren
You need to fix the attachments man.

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023