Xawesm's Dorm Set-Up

Xawesm's Dorm Set-Up
Posted on: 29.01.2013 by Colene Scaglia
Its not much, but I have a Maschine MK2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Crane Stand Pro, Altec Lansing speakers, then the two side monitors are connected to my main computer.

UPDATE:Completely revamped my setup, switched out the Traktor S4 with a DDJ SX, got a mini display wire to project my laptop to the TV screen as well.

Chandra Lean
Have fun moving it all when it comes time to move out.

Looks good though, I remember when you first got your S4
Colene Scaglia
Just updated the first post once again to reflect my latest changes, you can deff see the progression.
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by xawesomeness
I set up a few songs and break them down note by note, to create a "live remix" while playing. So if im mixing, when I get to a certain song I will essentially switch over to live, and then return back to the song or transition to another. Completely inspired by Bass Kleph.
so i guess you have machine mapped as one of the Traktor Channel outputs?
guessing because i want to get one as well to add to my S4 setup with MF3D and F1
Colene Scaglia
Originally Posted by hawaiibboy
nice dorm! i never had that type of space in my dorm for a setup like that!
You'd be surprised, this is my ONLY space haha, as my bed is right above that. I have a few closets to the right but thats pretty much it.
Colene Scaglia
Originally Posted by dubyou
Looks good man. How do you incorporate maschine with traktor in your mixes (if you do)?
I set up a few songs and break them down note by note, to create a "live remix" while playing. So if im mixing, when I get to a certain song I will essentially switch over to live, and then return back to the song or transition to another. Completely inspired by Bass Kleph.
Colene Scaglia
Its not much, but I have a Maschine MK2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Crane Stand Pro, Altec Lansing speakers, then the two side monitors are connected to my main computer.

UPDATE:Completely revamped my setup, switched out the Traktor S4 with a DDJ SX, got a mini display wire to project my laptop to the TV screen as well.

UPDATE #2: Got lucky and snagged technics mk2s for cheap, so I went all out and got the DJM-900SRT!
This is the setup I had for a small house party I had back home, along with Glow in the dark Vinyl.

This is back at my dorm where it will remain until I can get a good case to hold the turntables and mixers.
Judi Sissel
That looks awesome! As much of an NI fanboy, I'll admit that the Maschine and SX, look like they were made for each other (musically and cosmetically).

BTW... if you happen not to find a need for your crane stand, I'd buy it in a heart beat!
Colene Scaglia
New Setup. Havent really implemented my crane stand pro again, but i believe ill move the Mashine to my left, on the table.
Colene Scaglia
Ah I just use a bunch of splitter wires here from the comp to the speakers.
Libbie Orion
right but what i mean is do you have the sound routed to come through your S4?
because i want to see if i can do this when i get one
so i can use the channel fader its on just incase i need to mix in and out of MK sessions i am doing

Just curious
Colene Scaglia
Currently I have Maschine running in the background to use it, with pads on fixed velocity. I was hoping for compatibility but there are no mappings for MK2. :/
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by xawesomeness
so i guess you have machine mapped as one of the Traktor Channel outputs?
guessing because i want to get one as well to add to my S4 setup with MF3D and F1
Colene Scaglia
Originally Posted by hawaiibboy
You'd be surprised, this is my ONLY space haha, as my bed is right above that. I have a few closets to the right but thats pretty much it.
Colene Scaglia
Originally Posted by dubyou
Looks good man. How do you incorporate maschine with traktor in your mixes (if you do)?
Libbie Orion
this is going to make mid terms HELLA Fun!!
Deanne Baston
Dick Korus

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy