My Studio / Modular DJ setup

My Studio / Modular DJ setup
Posted on: 17.09.2012 by Eunice Howe

Apologys for the crappy instagram picture

Heres my current Studio setup could do with some more space to spread out but i have to make use of this

Im always swapping around with setups when i mix but im currently finding my favourite to be:

Traktor 2.5
iPad with Touch OSC
Maschine running in the background
Audio 2 DJ

Not ironed out the kinks yet but works enough for a bit of fun mixing
Eunice Howe
Great stuff!

Yeh i understand, its been sitting around for a while and dust on the faders is a big pain!

I have had a few mixers previous to this like a vestax and a cheaper... pioneer?? maybe im not sure its been a while and this impressed me the most, clearly not worth
Eunice Howe
Great stuff!

Yeh i understand, its been sitting around for a while and dust on the faders is a big pain!

I have had a few mixers previous to this like a vestax and a cheaper... pioneer?? maybe im not sure its been a while and this impressed me the most, clearly not worth
Eunice Howe
Great stuff!

Eunice Howe
Great stuff!

Eunice Howe
Great stuff!

Eunice Howe
Great stuff!

Eunice Howe
Great stuff!

Eunice Howe
Great stuff!

Eunice Howe
Great stuff!

Eunice Howe
Originally Posted by zimfella
Hehe it shall make another appearance in my setup thread. keen to hear some of your tunes, got a link?
Im probably my biggest critic, i haven't uploaded music in about a year

Recently done a studio, overhaul to make everything simpler got rid of anything i didn't use/no longer needed in order to leave room for the stuff worth my time

From this picture i've sold
Audio 2/ using Kore 1 instead
MPD 26
Korg Nanopad
X-session
SMX 2 (to you :P)
and completely reinstalled windows 7 removing vista

My setup now consists of
Maschine
Mpk49
B1031A
Kore 1
Komplete Elements
FL Studio 10 producer

Looking to possibly go onto Live simply because it offers me the oppurtunity to perform live if i ever wanted to and its got some badass controllers like the apc40

I might change the two 20" for one led 24" aswell

I just basically want it to the essentials, clean minimalist so my mind is fresh and im not believeing about how im supposed to use all this stuff for one piece of music!

Btw you should be recieving it today! i forgot to give you the tracking number but by the time you read this you'll probably have it!
Eunice Howe
nice setup! what's the mixer on the floor?
Haha! thats a SynQ SMX 2

no longer on the floor though, boxed up with your address on it
Eunice Howe
Originally Posted by WastedYouth
Why don't you take the Big Akai?
I don't like DJing with keyboard controllers i have an M-audio Oxygen 8 v2 i don't use somewhere which would be perfect but just pressing keys does'nt have the same feel to me.

I know its not a big difference but it never worked for me, besides its heavy as hell so not portable i never do clubs im not good enough (yet) but when i do small partys for family or just set gear up for friends house party whatever. i generally use the mpd26 and sometimes nanopad etc just because there built so tough it would be hard to break them!

The akai mpk49 and maschine are pretty much always in my studio now, just got a kore 1 controller/ interface for the studio so the audio 2 is portable aswell
Eunice Howe
Originally Posted by davodavidson
Nice compact setup. How do you like those behringer truth monitors. Have you tried any others.
Love them although part of me would say if you use them in a smaller room where you don't have the ability to space them out go for the smaller speaker because i knew they would be big but i just did'nt realize how big.

I have tried some older krk monitors its really hard to say when it comes to monitors because your looking for something with a flat response, but listening to music these do sound good.

Mixing i believe i make a clear mix and it still comes out a little muddier than expected but i believe thats me!
Eunice Howe
Originally Posted by dimmer
can you give me the link to a page here i can find it?
I use a custom one i made but i managed to muck up the tsi so now it does'nt work

Look around on the net you can find some good ones to work from
Eunice Howe

Apologys for the crappy instagram picture

Heres my current Studio setup could do with some more space to spread out but i have to make use of this

Im always swapping around with setups when i mix but im currently finding my favourite to be:

Traktor 2.5
iPad with Touch OSC
Maschine running in the background
Audio 2 DJ

Not ironed out the kinks yet but works enough for a bit of fun mixing
Eunice Howe
Great stuff!

Hanna Ridenbaugh
Thanks got the mixer in yesterday, very happy with it. Given it a clean and cleaned out the faders. Not that it was dirty. Sound quality isn't up there with Allen and Heath Xone 's but still good. So much bang for buck! Surprised they're not more popular.

Your Studio is looking dope! Simplifying is always good! its to easy to believe more gear will help make you a better producer. I suffer a lot from that. Although I am keen to get a kaossilator pro sometime to add that live feel to my sets.
Eunice Howe
Hehe it shall make another appearance in my setup thread. keen to hear some of your tunes, got a link?
Im probably my biggest critic, i haven't uploaded music in about a year

Recently done a studio, overhaul to make everything simpler got rid of anything i didn't use/no longer needed in order to leave room for the stuff worth my time

From this picture i've sold
Audio 2/ using Kore 1 instead
MPD 26
Korg Nanopad
X-session
SMX 2 (to you :P)
and completely reinstalled windows 7 removing vista

My setup now consists of
Maschine
Mpk49
B1031A
Kore 1
Komplete Elements
FL Studio 10 producer

Looking to possibly go onto Live simply because it offers me the oppurtunity to perform live if i ever wanted to and its got some badass controllers like the apc40

I might change the two 20" for one led 24" aswell

I just basically want it to the essentials, clean minimalist so my mind is fresh and im not believeing about how im supposed to use all this stuff for one piece of music!

Btw you should be recieving it today! i forgot to give you the tracking number but by the time you read this you'll probably have it!
Wallace Lawmaster
Nice!
Hanna Ridenbaugh
Eunice Howe
Haha! thats a SynQ SMX 2

no longer on the floor though, boxed up with your address on it
Hanna Ridenbaugh
Eunice Howe
Originally Posted by WastedYouth
I don't like DJing with keyboard controllers i have an M-audio Oxygen 8 v2 i don't use somewhere which would be perfect but just pressing keys does'nt have the same feel to me.

I know its not a big difference but it never worked for me, besides its heavy as hell so not portable i never do clubs im not good enough (yet) but when i do small partys for family or just set gear up for friends house party whatever. i generally use the mpd26 and sometimes nanopad etc just because there built so tough it would be hard to break them!

The akai mpk49 and maschine are pretty much always in my studio now, just got a kore 1 controller/ interface for the studio so the audio 2 is portable aswell
Eunice Howe
Originally Posted by davodavidson
Nice compact setup. How do you like those behringer truth monitors. Have you tried any others.
Love them although part of me would say if you use them in a smaller room where you don't have the ability to space them out go for the smaller speaker because i knew they would be big but i just did'nt realize how big.

I have tried some older krk monitors its really hard to say when it comes to monitors because your looking for something with a flat response, but listening to music these do sound good.

Mixing i believe i make a clear mix and it still comes out a little muddier than expected but i believe thats me!
Sharmaine Pellino
Maurice Gasperson
Eunice Howe
Originally Posted by dimmer
I use a custom one i made but i managed to muck up the tsi so now it does'nt work

Look around on the net you can find some good ones to work from
Roberto Yogerst
Roberto Yogerst
what map do you use on touchosc?
Valeri Holderness
that looks awesome

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy