Home production

Home production
Posted on: 29.07.2012 by Jeannine Drobney
So here is where I spend some of my free time. Its fairly simple and PC based although i can plug most of this into my Macbook. I am still learning the best workflow but it helps that i know reason inside out as a sound module and flow that into ableton with its flexibility.

1. Sofware: Ableton, Reason, Sample Moog
  2. Controllers: Akai MPD 26, Evolution UC-33e, Launchapd
  3. Hardware: Saffire Six Sound Card, Studio Phile BX8 Monitors
  4. Wants: Livid RGB, Monome Block, KRK monitors
  5. Worst Studio moves: getting rid of mk5 1200's becuase i needed $$$$

studio.JPG
Jeannine Drobney
So the Misses and I spent a fair amount of coin remodeling our home. I didnt want my "studio" to be an eyesore any longer. I decided to utilize a built in wall unit for my studio and I really like the results. I will need a desk at some point but that will be an add on soon enough.

Daddys New Studio.jpg

Current Setup
  1. Crane Stand
  2. Evolution UC33e
  3. Traktor Kontrol S4
  4. Traktor Kontrol F1
  5. Akai MPD 26
  6. Novation Lauchpad w/ custom stand
  7. Focusrite Saffire 6
  8. M Audio BX8 2003
  9. Sennheiser HD25-1 II
Jeannine Drobney
Originally Posted by elvismoddy
What are the minimum system requirements for home music production?
I have two computers. The mac is a powerbook 2006 intel core duo 1.8ghz with 2 gigs of ram and it serves me fine.
Sylvia Greener
Well that's a huge question and slightly off-topic, it would have been better to create a new thread.
What I would recommend is a quad-core Intel i7 (at least 2,2Ghz), 8GB Ram and if affordable a SSD drive as it speeds up the system a lot. The graphic card doesn't matter that much. At the moment, I travel a lot so that I often have to produce with my notebook which is Intel i5 2,3Ghz (up to 2,9GHz with Turbo Boost), 4GB Ram and 512 GB HDD. That's ok, but if investing in something new I would recommend a slightly more powerful machine if affordable.
Jeannine Drobney
So here is where I spend some of my free time. Its fairly simple and PC based although i can plug most of this into my Macbook. I am still learning the best workflow but it helps that i know reason inside out as a sound module and flow that into ableton with its flexibility.

1. Sofware: Ableton, Reason, Sample Moog
  2. Controllers: Akai MPD 26, Evolution UC-33e, Launchapd
  3. Hardware: Saffire Six Sound Card, Studio Phile BX8 Monitors
  4. Wants: Livid RGB, Monome Block, KRK monitors
  5. Worst Studio moves: getting rid of mk5 1200's becuase i needed $$$$

studio.JPG
Jeannine Drobney
So the Misses and I spent a fair amount of coin remodeling our home. I didnt want my "studio" to be an eyesore any longer. I decided to utilize a built in wall unit for my studio and I really like the results. I will need a desk at some point but that will be an add on soon enough.

Daddys New Studio.jpg

Current Setup
  1. Crane Stand
  2. Evolution UC33e
  3. Traktor Kontrol S4
  4. Traktor Kontrol F1
  5. Akai MPD 26
  6. Novation Lauchpad w/ custom stand
  7. Focusrite Saffire 6
  8. M Audio BX8 2003
  9. Sennheiser HD25-1 II
Jeannine Drobney
I have two computers. The mac is a powerbook 2006 intel core duo 1.8ghz with 2 gigs of ram and it serves me fine.
Sylvia Greener
Well that's a huge question and slightly off-topic, it would have been better to create a new thread.
What I would recommend is a quad-core Intel i7 (at least 2,2Ghz), 8GB Ram and if affordable a SSD drive as it speeds up the system a lot. The graphic card doesn't matter that much. At the moment, I travel a lot so that I often have to produce with my notebook which is Intel i5 2,3Ghz (up to 2,9GHz with Turbo Boost), 4GB Ram and 512 GB HDD. That's ok, but if investing in something new I would recommend a slightly more powerful machine if affordable.
Rubye Counihan
Geoffrey Steinbach
Have not read up on the monome too much, but if i'm not mistaken theres a lot of awesome community made applications that allows you to use it as a great sequencer or anything you might desire really. Heres a link that might explain it http://post.monome.org/comments.php?...&page=1#Item_0
Sylvia Greener
Alright
What's the monome's advantage over a launchpad? Its good looks or is there some more hidden power?
Jeannine Drobney
Oh no Gentlemen, no confusion. I do love me some livid but I am talking about Monome: http://monome.org/devices
Sylvia Greener
Sounds like he's mixed up Livid Block and Monome ... (64,128,256).

But why not to take another launchpad? It's much cheaper...
Ervin Calvery
"Monome Block"?
Jeannine Drobney
I almost put "access virus" on my synth wants but hardware will come much much later once i master a software environment.
Geoffrey Steinbach
Ever considered getting yourself a hardware analog synth?
I've been looking at a few recently and its way too tempting

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy