djm101's setup

djm101's setup
Posted on: 17.03.2013 by Eddie Tallia
Hi everyone. I'm a huge fan of this site and the DJTT community. Some of the setups here are amazing! I've been mixing for just under 20 years (club, mobile, house parties, events, etc.) and don't miss lugging around my techs and crates and crates of vinyl. I'm still amazed at how far our craft has evolved. My setup has changed a lot over the years but here's where I am today. I hope you like it

Marc (djm101)
http://djm101.com

Gear:
2 Technics 1210 MK5
2 Pioneer CDJ1000 MK3
Pioneer DJM800 w/ Rotary Swap
Crane Laptop Stand
Pair of Sony MDRV6's
Akai APC40, Launchpad, MPK Mini, & LPD8
Novation Twitch & Launchpad
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 & ART Powermix III
Clavia Nord Lead 2 & Roland JP8000
Ableton Live 9 & Serato ITCH/SSL

I can't wait for my PUSH which should arrive (per Ableton) in a week.
Eddie Tallia
Originally Posted by johney
wow. nice setup

i don't believe i've ever seen a rotary DJM
Thanks for the comments guys. I spent my early years on UREI's so I grew real fond of rotary's. The DJM Rotary kit was a nice and easy swap and I took out the crossfader as well since it was just getting in the way. Mixing is now buttery smooth
Eddie Tallia
Originally Posted by MadZler
awesome stuff mate! wanna share with us the way you use it?
Thanks everyone! Sure, I'd be happy to. It's split really into a few different setups.

I use my CDJ's & 800 connected to SSL, with the LPD8 triggering samples from the SP6. I have my 1200's connected to SSL as well when the mood the mix vinyl strikes, but I'm using them more for sampling material these days. This I'd consider my classic setup which is more in tune with traditional DJ'ing. At some point I'd love to upgrade to 2000's but don't have that kind of coin laying around so the MK3's are just fine since I'm essentially using them as controllers for SSL.

Next up I have the Twitch (love this thing) running ITCH, with a launchpad to trigger a sample template I've setup in Live. This would be my preferred setup if I were to play out. To say I'm obsessed with the Twitch is an understatement. Once you ditch the "I need jogs to DJ" mentality and dive into the feature set, you'll soon realize it's one of the most amazing pieces of kit on the market. Totally changed the way I approach DJ'ing and mashing things up in real time.

The third DJ setup is running the Twitch simultaneously with the APC40, mapped to Live. I took the effects from the WJ template and added them to my own custom DJ template more in tune with my workflow. I have the twitch mapped to trigger clips (tracks, loops and samples) and run effects. The APC triggers clips as well along with effects. I like using the APC vs the launchpad because of the individual channel faders, and knobs for the effects. This setup I call "High Alert" because it requires the most concentration since there's so much going on. I've simplified it as best as possible while still giving me creative flexibility to drop in loops, trigger samples, and create mashups on the fly. Once locked in, it's really amazing.

Lastly for production I have my keyboards routed through an old midisport 8x8, into the focusrite, and into Live. I use the Akai mini for my soft synths. Nothing too fancy.

I hope this answered your question and if you have any others, let me know
Eddie Tallia
Originally Posted by diepotato
what a setup
Thanks man. Trust me it took many years (and gigs) to get here
Eddie Tallia
Hi everyone. I'm a huge fan of this site and the DJTT community. Some of the setups here are amazing! I've been mixing for just under 20 years (club, mobile, house parties, events, etc.) and don't miss lugging around my techs and crates and crates of vinyl. I'm still amazed at how far our craft has evolved. My setup has changed a lot over the years but here's where I am today. I hope you like it

Marc (djm101)
http://djm101.com

Gear:
2 Technics 1210 MK5
2 Pioneer CDJ1000 MK3
Pioneer DJM800 w/ Rotary Swap
Crane Laptop Stand
Pair of Sony MDRV6's
Akai APC40, Launchpad, MPK Mini, & LPD8
Novation Twitch & Launchpad
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 & ART Powermix III
Clavia Nord Lead 2 & Roland JP8000
Ableton Live 9 & Serato ITCH/SSL

I can't wait for my PUSH which should arrive (per Ableton) in a week.
Tommy Thiner
Novation Twitch represent!!! Im so fucking stupid lol
Jena Shutz
sooo sick ! !
Eddie Tallia
Originally Posted by johney
wow. nice setup

Thanks for the comments guys. I spent my early years on UREI's so I grew real fond of rotary's. The DJM Rotary kit was a nice and easy swap and I took out the crossfader as well since it was just getting in the way. Mixing is now buttery smooth
Valeri Holderness
thats way too sick
Augustine Mitzen
wow. nice setup

Maxie Miltz
I like you're taste. The twitch has got to be the most hardcore controller around!
Eddie Tallia
Originally Posted by MadZler
Thanks everyone! Sure, I'd be happy to. It's split really into a few different setups.

I use my CDJ's & 800 connected to SSL, with the LPD8 triggering samples from the SP6. I have my 1200's connected to SSL as well when the mood the mix vinyl strikes, but I'm using them more for sampling material these days. This I'd consider my classic setup which is more in tune with traditional DJ'ing. At some point I'd love to upgrade to 2000's but don't have that kind of coin laying around so the MK3's are just fine since I'm essentially using them as controllers for SSL.

Next up I have the Twitch (love this thing) running ITCH, with a launchpad to trigger a sample template I've setup in Live. This would be my preferred setup if I were to play out. To say I'm obsessed with the Twitch is an understatement. Once you ditch the "I need jogs to DJ" mentality and dive into the feature set, you'll soon realize it's one of the most amazing pieces of kit on the market. Totally changed the way I approach DJ'ing and mashing things up in real time.

The third DJ setup is running the Twitch simultaneously with the APC40, mapped to Live. I took the effects from the WJ template and added them to my own custom DJ template more in tune with my workflow. I have the twitch mapped to trigger clips (tracks, loops and samples) and run effects. The APC triggers clips as well along with effects. I like using the APC vs the launchpad because of the individual channel faders, and knobs for the effects. This setup I call "High Alert" because it requires the most concentration since there's so much going on. I've simplified it as best as possible while still giving me creative flexibility to drop in loops, trigger samples, and create mashups on the fly. Once locked in, it's really amazing.

Lastly for production I have my keyboards routed through an old midisport 8x8, into the focusrite, and into Live. I use the Akai mini for my soft synths. Nothing too fancy.

I hope this answered your question and if you have any others, let me know
Kandi Odom
Really nice man impressed!!!!!
Alease Fitch
That setup is super sexy!
Marlena Filippo
Eddie Tallia
Originally Posted by diepotato
what a setup
Thanks man. Trust me it took many years (and gigs) to get here
Haywood Stoeger
what a setup

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy