Wasted Youth evolving DJ path !

Wasted Youth evolving DJ path !
Posted on: 27.03.2013 by Sharmaine Pellino
Hi!

I'm very excited about my new setup!
I tought long about what I wanted to do with the DJ stuff in my head.
I want to do electronic music, but not the regular one track into another (or 4 tracks).
No, I want to be able to make very smooth transitions, between basslines, kicks, different leads, sweeps etc.

+ I want those sounds/samples to be mine.

Pretty demanding, but at least I know what I want.

That's why I bought 2 F1's, and a Mashine Mikro.
With the Maschine, I can make my own drumpaths, samples & leads.
With the F1's, I can trigger a whole lot of samples, and go from one drumline in another, while the rest of the song is still going on.

I hope you guys enjoy my photo's.

1St Setup. Mixtrack Pro + X1 + Nanokontrol for sampletriggering + Laptop
Pretty decent beginnersetup for 1 track into another + samples, but not my thing.

Afb0355.jpg

Upgrade: Launchpad + S2 + X1 + Laptop. Launchpad for more control & 1 knobeffects. Still not my thing.

Afb0358.jpg

Than a Xone 4D and an S4 for 4 deck controll, but don't have pictures of them.

THAN FINALLY, found what I wanted.

It's not that of a big deal, but for me it is, to finnaly get started with the things I want.

WP_000138.jpg

Enjoy!
Sharmaine Pellino
Originally Posted by MadZler
if i would be you ableton would be just it.... with an APC40 and the maschine it would be just the same and even abit more
yeah.. tought about that too..
Thinking about selling those F1's and buying a APC40.
Sharmaine Pellino
Originally Posted by MrAybar
Interesting how you use the remix decks as your main ones!!!! Did you tried ableton??? Do you make your own remix sets????
I'm using Traktor cause I like the interface.
I make my own remix sets with the Maschine Mikro.
I'm switching from bassline to bassline, kick to different kick, other vocals to vocals etc. MUCH more smoother transitions, and great for tech house or uk/house.
I love it
Kandi Odom
Originally Posted by WastedYouth
Hi!

I want to do electronic music, but not the regular one track into another (or 4 tracks).
No, I want to be able to make very smooth transitions, between basslines, kicks, different leads, sweeps etc.

With the F1's, I can trigger a whole lot of samples, and go from one drumline in another, while the rest of the song is still going on.

Pretty decent beginnersetup for 1 track into another + samples, but not my thing.

Afb0355.jpg

Upgrade: Launchpad + S2 + X1 + Laptop. Launchpad for more control & 1 knobeffects. Still not my thing.

Afb0358.jpg

It's not that of a big deal, but for me it is, to finnaly get started with the things I want.

WP_000138.jpg

Enjoy!
Interesting how you use the remix decks as your main ones!!!! Did you tried ableton??? Do you make your own remix sets????
Sharmaine Pellino
Hi!

Afb0355.jpg

Afb0358.jpg

WP_000138.jpg

Enjoy!
Marlena Filippo
i believe you could come back to that launchpad setup with the s2 and x1... but controling ableton with launchpad (for clips) and with the x1 (for fx)
Sharmaine Pellino
Originally Posted by MadZler
if i would be you ableton would be just it.... with an APC40 and the maschine it would be just the same and even abit more
yeah.. tought about that too..
Thinking about selling those F1's and buying a APC40.
Malorie Suriano
Or use both traktor and ableton, Trakleton
Marlena Filippo
Sharmaine Pellino
Originally Posted by MrAybar
I'm using Traktor cause I like the interface.
I make my own remix sets with the Maschine Mikro.
I'm switching from bassline to bassline, kick to different kick, other vocals to vocals etc. MUCH more smoother transitions, and great for tech house or uk/house.
I love it
Delfina Suedmeyer
interesting... i see you got a jar for game tokens and a jar for change. nice setup!
Kandi Odom
Originally Posted by WastedYouth
Hi!

Afb0355.jpg

Afb0358.jpg

WP_000138.jpg

Enjoy!

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy