My new set up S4 & F1, Apple Mac Retina.

Home :: What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup. :: My new set up S4 & F1, Apple Mac Retina.Reply
My new set up S4 & F1, Apple Mac Retina.
Posted on: 25.03.2013 by Mirian Gaura
Very pleased with my new set up. Only had it for about 3/4 weeks (as of 25/3/13) and only spent two evening mixing due to time but it has a lot of creative potential and the F1 is a lovely additional extra.

I produce a little bit of music in Ableton and Logic so my intention is to export songs as stems and loops and perform them live using the F1. If I really get into it then I might buy another F1 for complete control.

I was believeing of getting a second hand an Pioneer EFX 1000 or Korg quad pad for additional fun but for now I am going to hold off and jus enjoy what I've got.

Any question, ask away!

Traktor S4 set up.JPG
Mirian Gaura
From this weekend....
IMG_4239.jpg
Mirian Gaura
Screen Shot 2013-03-31 at 21.10.51.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-03-31 at 21.13.13.jpg

As requested one screenshot at 1920 the other at 2880.

4 decks all in advanced.
Sharmaine Pellino
Originally Posted by sicnarf033
sync button is on.
Those sync-haters..
If you believe beatmatching is the only thing about spinning, please.
So much more than that.
Mirian Gaura
Originally Posted by MYE
This is a website for controllerists and digital dj's why are you getting mad over the sync button. U Mad.

Nice setup btw is that the retina mbp
Good point!

And yes its the retina. Got a great deal on it. Wish it had one more USB port as two are easily taken up (hence the USB hub next to it) but other than thats it's great. I've been saving for a LONG time so i'm thrilled.
Mirian Gaura
sync button is on.
Indeed, its a great feature. What your point? I'm not trolling don't worry it's cool.

But don't presume people who use the sync button cant mix. I learnt to mix on battered old belt drive decks and a crappy mixer...
Bunny Sockel
sync button is on.
This is a website for controllerists and digital dj's why are you getting mad over the sync button. U Mad.

Dick Korus
sync button is on.
Is that really all you take from this? Love the idea of incorporating your own loops!
Mirian Gaura
Very pleased with my new set up. Only had it for about 3/4 weeks (as of 25/3/13) and only spent two evening mixing due to time but it has a lot of creative potential and the F1 is a lovely additional extra.

I produce a little bit of music in Ableton and Logic so my intention is to export songs as stems and loops and perform them live using the F1. If I really get into it then I might buy another F1 for complete control.

I was believeing of getting a second hand an Pioneer EFX 1000 or Korg quad pad for additional fun but for now I am going to hold off and jus enjoy what I've got.

Any question, ask away!

Traktor S4 set up.JPG
Len Lukawski
N.o.i.c.E!
Mirian Gaura
From this weekend....
IMG_4239.jpg
Mirian Gaura
Oh and I got another F1.... my set up is now complete! Pic to follow....
Mirian Gaura
Screen Shot 2013-03-31 at 21.10.51.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-03-31 at 21.13.13.jpg

As requested one screenshot at 1920 the other at 2880.

4 decks all in advanced.
Len Lukawski
Retina w/ traktor is very, very good.
Sharmaine Pellino
sync button is on.
Those sync-haters..
If you believe beatmatching is the only thing about spinning, please.
So much more than that.
Mirian Gaura
Yeah I can take some screenshots.

I've been running 2880 for a while but I change it depending on what I'm doing.
Basil Forshee
Are you running its native resolution (2880x1800) or a scaled one? Can you take a snapshot of 4 decks in full size on 1920x1200? I'm curious how that looks on the Retina Mac.
Delfina Suedmeyer
it was just a little tease guys. sorry.
Jeannine Drobney
I run an s4 and an f1. I do love the combo. Plus NI gives you so much great free content with the remix decks from their website that its easy to let remixes fly. I personally love recording each cell on the F1 on the fly and getting some way interesting results, especially with phrasing. Sync button is only as good as your gridding
Mirian Gaura
Thanks Sam.

I can see a few methods of using the F1..

1) Grab live loops and improvise on the fly in conjunction with the 5th deck of traktor.
2) Use it for pre-made samples, one shots, acapellas and general mix mash of everything.
3) Prepare a track and perform it back live (a little bit like Ableton)

Ive made a full page of beats and simple loops in Ableton. Next I am going to make simple percussion then bass then lead lines giving me 4 banks (or strips) in the remix deck. Then I will just experiment and see what works through trial and error. I know its not everyones way of working but its a quick, easy and exciting of finding elements of a composition that work well.

I have signed up to http://www.remixdeckset.com/ so I will be adding my stuff there in a week or two... hopefully!
Neil Daavettila
Nice setup, glad you found an F1 and let me know how you get on with creating your own remix sets. Been trying myself, but going slowly at the minute.
Mirian Gaura
Originally Posted by MYE

Good point!

And yes its the retina. Got a great deal on it. Wish it had one more USB port as two are easily taken up (hence the USB hub next to it) but other than thats it's great. I've been saving for a LONG time so i'm thrilled.
Mirian Gaura
sync button is on.
Indeed, its a great feature. What your point? I'm not trolling don't worry it's cool.

But don't presume people who use the sync button cant mix. I learnt to mix on battered old belt drive decks and a crappy mixer...
Bunny Sockel
sync button is on.

Lanelle Panarella
Nice setup! Nothing wrong with having sync on at all, some dj's like rather spend time being creative and not just beat matching.
Dick Korus
sync button is on.
Is that really all you take from this? Love the idea of incorporating your own loops!
Delfina Suedmeyer
sync button is on.

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy