Finally finished ! MIDI mixer DIY

Finally finished ! MIDI mixer DIY
Posted on: 27.03.2013 by Jena Shutz
image.jpg

I tried commissioning a few people that have websites to build me one , and never got a response .
Well that was a good thing . I found the time to research , and this is what I came up with.
Javier Rowinsky
Originally Posted by MrPopinjay
Thanks buddy
Jena Shutz
image.jpg

Finally got around to mapping it all out . It works amazingly , and surprisingly enough I only have one button not working . Being as I made my own pcb boards for them , I'm impressed .

I am learning the while beat juggling thing with the arcades, and that **** can be fun ! Primarily I mix minimal , tech house , deep house , chill etc so that was the primary function of the mixer , and then it was to expand my knowledge and have room to learn .

Overall I am more than pleased , and again thanks for the kind words !

Hopefully I can make a quick clip of it all working , but I need to make a quick impressive one and not a long drawn out mix .
Jena Shutz
image.jpg

I tried commissioning a few people that have websites to build me one , and never got a response .
Well that was a good thing . I found the time to research , and this is what I came up with.
Javier Rowinsky
Originally Posted by MrPopinjay
Thanks buddy
Kiyoko Wellisch
Akai EIE

http://www.akaipro.com/eie
Javier Rowinsky
What kind of akai mixer/ interface is that?
Jena Shutz
image.jpg

Finally got around to mapping it all out . It works amazingly , and surprisingly enough I only have one button not working . Being as I made my own pcb boards for them , I'm impressed .

I am learning the while beat juggling thing with the arcades, and that **** can be fun ! Primarily I mix minimal , tech house , deep house , chill etc so that was the primary function of the mixer , and then it was to expand my knowledge and have room to learn .

Overall I am more than pleased , and again thanks for the kind words !

Hopefully I can make a quick clip of it all working , but I need to make a quick impressive one and not a long drawn out mix .
Javier Rowinsky
Bad ass, cant wait for the video
Augustine Mitzen
haha, that's awesome. nice job
Arden Derenthal
This is Wonderful, Great craftsmanship!
Jena Shutz
i used the LIVID brian . I didn't feel up to learning how to code a Teensy or an Ardunio . Casing is aluminum that i did an engine turn pattern on with small sanding discs to give some design. The center is plexiglass that I sand blasted so you can't see in , and also so it would grab the led light better ( I don't have led's in yet ) The bottom is aluminum as well. I just cut it all out with a jig saw, and then used my drill press to drill all the holes.

THANKS for all the positive responses ! ! ! ! I will be making a vid in the next week or so. I just need to find the time now to finish mapping it.
Lanelle Panarella
looks real nice!
Tyree Stubblefield
Nice! At some point in life I'll make some kind of MIDI device too ^_^
Marine Bavis
look great!!!!! nice push buttons.
what is the brain?
Kandi Odom
Absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!! Please post a video!!!!!
Jorge Furber
I'm jealous! Great job bud!
Dick Korus
Oh my! Beautiful! True masterpiece! What did you use for the brain and casing for this?
Beata Adamsky
That is very intelligent to build it from yourself !!!
Sharmaine Pellino
Looks awesome!
Emelina Chillson
Thats pretty ill bruv!

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy