Soundproofing your setup's space

Soundproofing your setup's space
Posted on: 09.04.2013 by Toya Spor
Does anyone have any experience or insight on soundproofing a room/place for music production? Any info is appreciated.

I'll start with a few basic tips I learned from experience:

1. Cover open space like door frames, window frames, etc with tape (weather proof) or some object (a towel over the open space on the bottom of a door).
2. If you have open hallways in your place, install a doorframe and door. This wasn't too expensive and worked pretty well.
Toya Spor
Does anyone have any experience or insight on soundproofing a room/place for music production? Any info is appreciated.

I'll start with a few basic tips I learned from experience:

1. Cover open space like door frames, window frames, etc with tape (weather proof) or some object (a towel over the open space on the bottom of a door).
2. If you have open hallways in your place, install a doorframe and door. This wasn't too expensive and worked pretty well.
Lillia Datson
Turn the Volume up, lock the door.

Room now soundproofed from people knocking on the door and telling me to turn it down!
Jefferson Grigor
No actual experience in sound proofing but have done some research for the room I'm planning on turning into a studio.1 thing I have learnt from my speakers in the lounge which are big floor standing ones ,is that placing speakers on a acoustic tile or plate can stop the bass being transmitted through the floor to other rooms or neighbours without affecting the sound IN the room. Also depending on cash flow there are several options from foam type sound proofing to acoustic plasterboard. I believe I'm going to go with the foam type tiles as my gear is going to be in a room specifically for dj/studio work but could see this not being ideal if your gear is in shared area or your lounge.

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy