Xone DB2 + K2 and Maschine setup

Xone DB2 + K2 and Maschine setup
Posted on: 01.05.2013 by Chante Arick
Hey guys,

Currently I'm studying abroad and was not able to bring my set to the United States but soon I will be reunited with my set:
- Xone DB2 mixer
- Xone K2 Midi-controller
- Maschine

Still have to figure out how to configure this set to the best of my liking. It seems like the possibilities are endless! Especially when playing techno I have a lot fun using the maschine for sequencing, the DB2 for the effects and just using 4 channels for loops etc hehe. I've always been impressed by the likes of Richie Hawtin, Chris Liebing, Speedy J etc to use so many elements of different tracks to create massive sounds/sets.

Besides techno I play deephouse and techhouse as well. But somehow I feel more restricted within those genres as there is less room to "play" if you know what I mean.

Any comments are welcome!

image_1363882452138153.jpg
Chante Arick
Hey guys,

Currently I'm studying abroad and was not able to bring my set to the United States but soon I will be reunited with my set:
- Xone DB2 mixer
- Xone K2 Midi-controller
- Maschine

Still have to figure out how to configure this set to the best of my liking. It seems like the possibilities are endless! Especially when playing techno I have a lot fun using the maschine for sequencing, the DB2 for the effects and just using 4 channels for loops etc hehe. I've always been impressed by the likes of Richie Hawtin, Chris Liebing, Speedy J etc to use so many elements of different tracks to create massive sounds/sets.

Besides techno I play deephouse and techhouse as well. But somehow I feel more restricted within those genres as there is less room to "play" if you know what I mean.

Any comments are welcome!

image_1363882452138153.jpg
Youlanda Krack
Okey thanks for your reply !
I'm don't really understand what you mean with the K2, but I'm not looking for it. More for the kontrol x1 and F1.

But I have an Audio 10, is it possible to connect maschine to the main out 1/2 ? I believe so, but it will not be possible to record your set via the soundcard, am I right ?
So if I use an audio 2 for maschine, and the audio 10 for traktor and record, is it a good option, or is there better one ?

Thank you so much guys !
Judi Sissel
You can use an audio interface to physically route the audio to a line in.

K2 <via X link> DB <via usb> Traktor
Maschine <via usb> K2(soundcard) <via rca> DB(in)

You can also try to use something like "Jack OSX" to do a virtual line to connect Traktor.
Youlanda Krack
How do you connect maschine with the DB2 ? I'm looking for quite the same setup, and I'm wondering if it's possible to connect maschine to the line channel ?
Tammera Panameno
Nice setup, this is probably the best setup for bedroom djs, i have the same setup instead of db2 i have db4
Judi Sissel
That looks great! How do you have it all laid out? Are you planning to map the Midi-side of Maschine?

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy